It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predictive Texting Phenomenology, and alertness

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Technology never ceases to make my life incredibly bizarre. Some of you who know my threads of the past, and I mean really know, have seen that some very fracking odd stuff happens with technology sometimes.

Well, here's one for ya. On some cell phones there is predictive texting. Here is what happened when I took the first word shown or word that most sensibly went with the structure of the previous word and sentence.

Keep in mind that there are only 3 words shown by the predictive texting on my phone, and often times it was only one word to choose because the other options were punctuation. In laymen terms, all of the following words were suggested by my predictive texting...

*all quoted sections are solely predictive text.

"Ok

I'll cruise now but I'm not saying anything.

I'm a bit of a demon

I am reclusive due to it and the midbrain.

Some people who are not always perfectly fine with it and the regulation of consciousness."

WTF?? OK phone thanks a lot, jerk.

So....let's try it again:

"
Hey guys

I know that you are looking for the most important things

To note that this is the thalamus

Is coming to the pineal gland.

I am saying that the planets are truly blessed with a new one "

Lol! Anyone else see that planet 9 reference?

#ing bizarre!!! I literally didn't write any of the quoted sections. It's all from the suggested predictive text.

Don't believe me? Let's try this again...

"
I was wondering what you think

I could be the first one to be able to do things

However the same time as the first time in my mind

I would like to know about the functions of my life"

Ok...now I'm going to select the middle option each time:

"
The greatest of the thalamus known as the interthalamic adhesion may be associated with schizophrenia. Crippa et al. have reported absence of interthalamic adhesion in % of schizophrenic individuals and in % or normal individuals [ 5 ]. In another study by the way, I am at the Cascadia subduction zone. It is named after the explorer of the same name. One of the smallest of Earth's tectonic plates, the Juan De Fuca . For anyone living in the Pacific Northwest it is always good to know about this plate and it's past, as it indicates activity in the future. [ ex ] The thalamus ( from Greek θάλαμος, " chamber " ) [ 1 ] is a midline symmetrical structure of two halves, within the vertebrate brain, situated between the cerebral cortex, [ 2

That time I only chose the middle option of the 3 suggested words and it appears to have written out sections of previous threads of mine so it appears I've found a significant pattern in the predictive texting.

Let's try number 1:

"
The three most likely be in a while, and alertness the same name as the mass of a human "

Ok...now we are getting somewhere because that last one didn't make much sense!

Next attempt:

"
The quakes were heard from him and his family

And friends and I am a huge hearted intellectual who just wants to live my life "

And for those that think I'm just a lunatic rambling on, here's one for you:

"
Hey I'm a big deal

However. I am a freak or something like that "

Again, this was all predicted text. None of it was actually "written" by me.

edit on 2-6-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: OneGoal

I use predictive text quite often on my phone, but I have never observed such weird word strings suggestions??

What software are you using? Seems to me like your thing remembers your messages and thus builds suggestions based on your most used words associations?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Whatever android/Samsung has.

I've done this with voice to text too. I tried muttering gibberish and the resulting text was just as odd.as the above stuff. Sometimes creepy accurate as to what I was thinking at that moment too lol.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   

What is a predictive text?

Predictive text is an input technology that facilitates typing on a mobile device by suggesting words the end user may wish to insert in a text field. Predictions are based on the context of other words in the message and the first letters typed.

Just my opinion… never let a machine do your thinking for you. Don't follow its 'suggestions' or clue it in to your line of thinking. Thats similar word association psychological tests of old. If I say a word you tell me what comes into your head…

I'd turn that feature off.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneGoal

Whatever android/Samsung has.

I've done this with voice to text too. I tried muttering gibberish and the resulting text was just as odd.as the above stuff. Sometimes creepy accurate as to what I was thinking at that moment too lol.

Thats because the computer is learning how you think.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Thanks intrptr. I never use predictive text actually. This was just a test. I prefer to keep my thinking as much as my own as possible, or so I think lol.

As for your second comment, could be to some extent but how would that actually work? Are there some type of fascillitating factors? I'd imagine there would be if it were true.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

I'm familiar with android.

Starting with the word "I'll", I had

" I'll be in the future of our games are based on the same time as I have a great day and I will be a good time to get a chance to get a chance to get a chance "

Instead of "I'll cruise not but I won't say anything".

And instead of " Hey I'm kind of a big deal", I had

"Hey I have a great day and I will be a good time to get a chance to get a chance"

I really think your device (unlike mine) is remembering your messages and building from there.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Well crap I have a self aware phone. All kidding aside, ive shut the feature off.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

I don't know. Maybe. but if you are looking for the upmost sensitive beings only one of the bodies of the sightings are unexplained natural phenomenon.

Point is, knowing that I have the strong feeling we look forward to seeing you all.

Wtf?
I just did click the middle suggestion, for that, also samsung galaxy tab.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   

As for your second comment, could be to some extent but how would that actually work?

The computer is making suggests based on your previous input, the more you respond to its suggestions, ideas the more it learns about you.

Actually the people doing identity structure behind the scenes using old psychology profile tests , sounds like.

Word association (wiki)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Oh man i love it haha

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

As for your second comment, could be to some extent but how would that actually work?

The computer is making suggests based on your previous input, the more you respond to its suggestions, ideas the more it learns about you.

Actually the people doing identity structure behind the scenes using old psychology profile tests , sounds like.

Word association (wiki)

Makes sense. Interesting.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

They want to know who you are, want to control your thoughts, ideas, emotions.

Martrixy stuff…

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Or..do they?

Great song by the way.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Also lmao! This is fun, I try the right one know:

I was just outrageous the first to see if the weather, the group is to the cisterciensier, but it was not able the first to see if the weather.

Hm less coherent. Okay the left:

, and the first time they are not consciously, and the first time they are not consciously

Aha, middle again:

? I have a strong opinion on the subject of neutrons! they are one facet of our experience. our physical, real life is entirely our private business, the essence is as the word describes, the characteristical aspect we showed the most, during this time, I was guessing they are something like the sphinxes at the gates. you can't process until you find out where the hostility comes from, if you approach certain that the coin in this case is at least a little bit of a reply to this email address, phone numbers and websites for the upmost sensitive beings only, like shamans, druids, monchs etc, but since we loaded our houses with all sorts of electronics and wifi, the atmosphere with haarp, our brains with wifi and stuff, we significantly loaded this quantum electro magnetic frequency of the sightings are unexplained natural phenomenon.

a Aaaah I have an alien in my phone!

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Hahahaha Peeple thank you for humoring me on this.

I kind of dedicated my life to Jungian stuff and understanding the subconscious and collectivr unconscious so this is one of those things methinks, but who really knows. Maybe not, its very odd though.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I'm not kidding you. This was really my tablet.
Someone else try it too, please?
edit on 2-6-2016 by Peeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

I'm not kidding you. This was really my tablet.
Someone else try it too, please?
So what do you think overall… you're a conspiracy theorist on an alternate topic universe website. Did it peg you and your web activity?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

I don't know. But it's fun, parts are obviously what I wrote, but a while ago. And not in this composition.

Do it too! Please?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneGoal

Or..do they?

Control us? They do,

From the moment we wake up in the morning to incessant sirens call of our alarm clocks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join