It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paralysed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
First off, let me just say I'm not really into "dream" stuff and it's meaning etc. but I'd like to share this one with as it has an element to it I found quite interesting. Of course, it's "all a dream" but, still...

Every now and then, as I suspect most people have probably experienced, I dream a dream where I'm paralyzed. My method of getting out of this - as I am normally in a supine position when this happens - is to turn over. This breaks the "paralysis".

This time...

I'm in a dream that's almost reality, almost. Very vivid. Very real. But I know it's not reality somewhere deep in my cerebral cortex. I'm lying on my bed and my wife walk in. It looks like her but... different. But it IS her. This is real! No, it's not! I need to turn over... turn over... TURN OVER MAN!

And I do. Half way through the roll, a Window opens displaying five files: Reality one through to Reality five. The folder is named "select version".

The roll over finishes. And it's welcome to the real world, Neo.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MrCrow

Weird. I've had a similar dream two days ago...

Except in my case it involved a virtual reality interface instead of a floating window.

edit on 2-6-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Not sure why, but as soon a you started on the file bit, I got intense tingling/goosebumps that intensified throughout my body until I finished reading.

Weird stuff dude. I sense a great idea for a sci-fi fantasy thingy in this dream of yours...

Eta: do you recall which file was most prominent? Or which may have opened up/any other anomaly to separate one from the rest?
edit on 2-6-2016 by seaswine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

Reality one was highlighted. I got the distinct feeling others were available for selection but I had no method of doing so. For a nano second I wanted to grab a mouse but I finished turning over too quickly. Probably what I should have done was reach for the "window" a la Minority Report.

The was a vague - again, for a split second - feeling of there being something "more" just lurking out of my reach, something bigger, more sophisticated. Controlling. I dunno how else to describe it really.

And yeah - perhaps it could form the basis for a book! I did think that but my essay writing is terrible

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Next time see if you can do reality #2. Then come back here and post a thread with the same name.

If none of us remember, you have different realities to choose from! If we do remember, well, you're a nutjob

I can write out a storyline also. Give me permission, and if it gets big I'll give ya say.... 20%?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Your are touching on two well known phenomena wrt sleep.

The first is sleep paralysis. Think about this for a minute : if your brain was still active enough to control involuntary reactions to stimuli ie running, flinching, moving from danger etc then some people would spend all night falling out of bed! So when you dream your brain switches off all those reactions but sometimes you start to wake up (become concious) before that "off switch" is turned back on. Sleep paralysis.

The second is lucid dreaming. This is where you have concious control over your dream. The dream becomes very vivid and realistic. You can enter this state at will but it takes some training.

Neither of these states are anything odd, unusual or paranormal.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

Oh, I understand the phenomena of sleep paralysis and lucid/vivid dreaming. I experience both quite frequently. The bit I found interesting was the window/files thing. It was almost as if I'd seen something I shouldn't have.

But then, perhaps it was all just because I'd been reading the _9Mother9Horse9Eyes9 thread on Reddit and my imagination was a little fired up. Eating cheese just before bed time has this affect on me.

new topics

top topics

join