It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton IT aide to plead Fifth in email case

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

The man believed to have set up and maintained Hillary Clinton’s private email server will assert his Fifth Amendment rights against self-incrimination and refuse to answer questions as part of an open records lawsuit against the State Department.

Pagliano’s lawyers told Judicial Watch more than a week ago that he would not be answering any questions, they claimed in their filing on Wednesday, and asked that it drop its subpoena. The organization refused.

In the filing, Pagliano’s lawyers tried to have a federal judge block Judicial Watch from recording his deposition, given his planned refusal to answer questions. The lawyers said that a written transcription of the proceedings should be enough to satisfy the public’s interest.
Clinton IT aide to plead Fifth in email case

If I were him, I would do the same, how about you?

Talking to any authorities almost never helps you. My understanding is that it's always better to say nothing if possible.

In the comment section of the article above some are saying that Pagliano’s decision to plead the fifth "proves Clinton's guilt." I think that's absurd. Pagliano has to look out for himself.

Meanwhile...

Poll: 71 percent of Dems think Clinton should keep running even if indicted

This is what you get when people don't believe that the concepts of right and wrong exist.
edit on 2-6-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

This is what you get when people don't believe that the concepts of right and wrong exist.

This woman could literally kill someone and these fools would still vote for her in order to keep Trump from being elected. At what point does Hilary become worse than a Trump? I mean I get it that they both are crap, but I can't imagine voting for Hilary with her endless scandals and crimes.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Well.. the latest poll says that 50% of Hillary's supporters will vote for her no matter what!

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Well.. the latest poll says that 50% of Hillary's supporters will vote for her no matter what!

They voted in a half-white president and called him black, so who knows what they will do?

With the Democrats it seems all that matters is appearances.

Can't really say Republicans are much different but....

edit on 2-6-2016 by paradoxious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Latest poll says 71% of democrats (not just Hillary supporters) that she should stay in even if indicted.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

And the gritchy one is a master at playing that fiddle.

The criminal, somewhat sociopathic compulsive pathological liar never did a wrong thing in her life. Just ask her.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
This woman could literally kill someone and these fools would still vote for her in order to keep Trump from being elected. At what point does Hilary become worse than a Trump? I mean I get it that they both are crap, but I can't imagine voting for Hilary with her endless scandals and crimes.

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

I never imagined 50 years ago that my beloved Nation would have fallen soooooooooooo wholesale--actually--been shoved so wholesale down Alice's rabbit hole to hell.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

My guess on this is that he was instructed to take the fifth by the FBI in order not to give Clinton (or anyone else following this story) any ideas as to what, specifically, they may be looking into.

Mills deposition showed how touchy they (the lawyers representing Mills/Clinton) are about the subject of Pagliano.

Pagliano is scheduled for deposition on the 6th with the rest of the crew to follow not long after.

I imagine the FBI will be gathering all testimony to add to what they've already got.
edit on 2-6-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: fixed tag

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
So using the right granted to you is bad. Only when it applies to people these folks dont like.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Ooh booo hooo your beloved nation belongs to 350 mill others who in recent years obviously gave up on what they thought 50 years ago.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

All you ever do is seem to guess and never an educated one. How about looking for some facts. Like people having the right not to take the stand or give statements.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Looselungjones2

I think when using that right to inflict the most corrupt scumbag in a sea of corrupt scumbags on the American people, then it's bad.

It's their right, but it doesn't make it right. Especially when it's done out of partisan spite.
edit on 2-6-2016 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
It's judicial watch. Who cares. A watchdog group that only barks at democrats.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Not quite.

The lawsuit, filed by conservative activist Larry Klayman, also targets the Republican Party of Florida and Florida secretary of State Ken Detzner

Source
and...

However, in July 2003 Judicial Watch joined the environmental organization Sierra Club in suing the George W. Bush administration for access to minutes of Vice President Dick Cheney's Energy Task Force.

Judicial Watch was involved in a similar legal dispute with Vice President Dick Cheney in 2002 when the group filed a shareholder lawsuit against Halliburton. The lawsuit, which accused Halliburton of accounting fraud, alleged that "when Mr. Cheney was chief executive of Halliburton, he and other directors inflated revenue reports, boosting Halliburton's share price.

Wikipedia
edit on b000000302016-06-02T07:32:38-05:0007America/ChicagoThu, 02 Jun 2016 07:32:38 -0500700000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Hillary barks too:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
"If I were him, I would do the same, how about you?

Talking to any authorities almost never helps you. My understanding is that it's always better to say nothing if possible.

In the comment section of the article above some are saying that Pagliano’s decision to plead the fifth "proves Clinton's guilt." I think that's absurd. Pagliano has to look out for himself."

Well watchitburn, maybe what you say has merit, but I doubt ....... very much merit...
Ask ten random people what taking the fifth means to them. ie. They are the population at large.

And I would bet that eight of the ten would say it was to hide something. It is the standard response of Americans disillusioned with politicians and the justice system, and sure conspiracies are afoot.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

On March 11, 2015, the day after Clinton acknowledged her private email account, the Associated Press (AP) filed suit against the State Department regarding multiple FOIA requests over the past five years

Does the AP only bark at democrats as well?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Can you rephrase your post or give it some logical meaning ? As it stands , no on can see a point.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I guess he is pleading the 5th as a loss of a job and a short stint in the pen is more favorable that being found dead of a heart attack sitting on a park bench.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

The guess is based upon the following facts:

Washington (CNN)Bryan Pagliano, the former State Department staffer who helped set up Hillary Clinton's private email server, began his cooperation with the FBI and the Justice Department under an immunity deal late last year after initially rebuffing investigators, according to a U.S. law enforcement official.

The FBI has done at least one interview with him, and under the cooperation agreement, he may be asked to do more interviews, the official said.

CNN

The Fifth Amendment protects individuals from being forced to incriminate themselves. Incriminating oneself is defined as exposing oneself (or another person) to "an accusation or charge of crime," or as involving oneself (or another person) "in a criminal prosecution or the danger thereof.

Wiki

If you are unable to make the connection as to how what I proposed is plausible, I suggest you further educate yourself.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join