It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dawn of the true One World Religion: Year Zero has arrived

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Maybe that is just the normal progression of a species which is able to get something positive from some form of collectivism.

Like the bee hive we have our specialized roles to play which we do independent of the whole to some degree but even then serves some overall purpose. Like the scout who fly's out and reports back where the nectar is, we go about our lives but put our little discoveries on the web for the collective.

Now, rather than us having to think for ourselves all the time we get our answers from our Borg Mind that most likely has the correct answer and some various others we never knew existed too.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

The consensus on many issues is constantly changing, so it wasn't right however many agreed with it.

Religion is consensus; "god(s) did it."
There is an alternative.

edit on 6/2/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

I did specifiy: "(actual)... progress".

The irony of it all!

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
a reply to: Woodcarver

. . . you don't make your own clothes.

You couldn't be much more wrong on that point.

But the issue is collectively working out how the universe works. I maintain that's an individuals task. To agree to a consensus is to give up trying, in my view. If the consensus was always right there would never be any development. The consensus on many issues is constantly changing, so it wasn't right however many agreed with it.

The New Age consensus is achieved through trickery. Quote here from an ATS member with practical experience of the technique.

. . . with a skillful moderator almost any agenda can gain agreement even among diverse individuals and opinions. Most people are unaware that s a structured process that being used on them . . .

www.abovetopsecret.com...
You don't make all of the stuff you use is my point. Don't be a dick just because you bedazzled your jeans once.

There is nothing wrong with consensus, unless you're just the contrary type. Consensus makes your computer work. Consensus puts cars together. Consensus might get us to mars. There's nothing wrong with searching for your own path. But teamwork and help from more experienced members will get you so much further when you do stumble upon a worthy trail.

A man who always walks alone on his own path is like a tree that falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it.

All of science is about coming to a consensus.

edit on 2-6-2016 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You mention hive mind telepathy via technological advance.

From my experiences, that exists and probably has existed for thousands of years without modern tech. You know how animals sense impending natural disasters? Like that.

It's just not on a conscious level for 99.9999% or so I'm led to believe. It would seem, rather, that it occurs on a subconscious basis for most, similar to unintentional subliminal symbolism messages in various art and media.

Personally, I witness telepathy every day of my life when I'm around others. It involves synchronicity or as I put it, cerebral resonance, theta waves, that sort of shpiel...

Just my 2 cents on that topic.

Addendum: I don't subscribe to the hypothesis that a one world religion will conquer all others. I believe humanity and the Earth itself thrives on diversity and benefits from diversity, ultimately.
edit on 2-6-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I might misquote here but aren't we supposed to say something like... I, for one, welcome my new age overlords and masters and wish them every success.

Or something?
These new fangled religions never catch on do they?
But wait...
What's this?....
A secret passageway!
I'll be back.....

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

You say all of this like it's a bad thing.

My main partner is totally "new age" and I'm a straight-up occult witch (demons and all, hah). Both of us have been in a marriage that has lasted 16 years, raising the kindest, sweetest human being there could be and we live from a position of pure love and compassion for our fellow humans. Almost all of our philosophy and traits regarding our place in the universe and our charge to love one another has come directly from our spiritual beliefs.

How is that bad?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha
Because cults never have your best interests in mind. They wish to brainwash, control, profit off of you, all whilst convincing you that you have found the true path and performing in a hypocritical fashion; i.e. criticizing religious beliefs and corruption yet being wholly crazy and corrupt themselves. Motivation is more important than result, in identifying altruism.

And your partner may not be part of the actual organized New Age cult spoken of in this thesis, but rather just a nice hippie.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
It's also fascinating how many "illuminati" pop artists utilize transhumanist imagery on their album artwork. It seems the wealthy are obsessed with the merging of technology and biology, as a means of making them artificially immortal. Curious.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: SargonThrall
Because cults never have your best interests in mind. They wish to brainwash, control, profit off of you, all whilst convincing you that you have found the true path and performing in a hypocritical fashion; i.e. criticizing religious beliefs and corruption yet being wholly crazy and corrupt themselves. Motivation is more important than result, in identifying altruism.

Word for word, I'm pretty sure I have described Christianity in virtually the same exact way. The Abrahamic cults are the most dangerous of them all.

originally posted by: SargonThrall
And your partner may not be part of the actual organized New Age cult spoken of in this thesis, but rather just a nice hippie.

But I'm not convinced there even is a new age "cult". There are cults that grasp onto whatever is convenient (new age, Christianity, Suffi, etc) but "new age" isn't even a single coherent thing. It's old concepts that get repackaged for contemporary folk to easily digest. It's not really my cup of tea but I get it.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

I have been looking through some of the must have gadgets for 2016 and yours in certainly in them.

But part of this new religion is simply that most of us today don't have homes to live in, we live in entertainment palaces. As we are so entertained the original reason for going to church - which was as much a social get together with everyone as it was about worship.

Now that need has gone, mothers work so often the weekend is the only time to get some things done so we don't either bother to go or are simply too busy to go so another form of reaching us through the things we n ow do has had to be found (if I follow your reasoning).

However, what I think you are missing is that a lot of us are not religious and actually resent religion because we are fully conscious about the dreadful and evil side of its dictatorship. Most of us know we can't murder or harm because not only does it have consequences to our own lives but its also something our nature makes us reluctant to do seriously as in really destroy some part of someone's life etc, often because of their families. Of course psychopaths whom for some reason are a part of humanity's nature aren't held by the natural constrains mature or non-moronic people have as their value system

I suspect you will find a lot of people will have no time for religion and their kids and friends are well aware of their views.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   

I refuse to believe it.

VR won't make people any more human than they already have been for millions of years.

In this vaunted future of humankind, there will be a more immersive version of YouTube where people will host vlog channels about how the world is flat and Einstein was wrong. That's my prophecy.

The technology will not elevate man spiritually, because it is nothing spiritual in the first place. It will however elevate ignorance to new heights.

edit on 2/6/2016 by chr0naut because: You should be proud.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

idiocracy comes to mind. So it's a documentary, not a movie

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Only takes a big enough E.M.P or solar flare to wipe out your technical religion. Gone in the blink of an eye. While the dessert people living on fantasies as you call it, well their religion will live on for a very long time, nothing will ever change that

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

It will however elevate ignorance to new heights.

i saw it on a vlog!

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: SargonThrall

and religions that teach that half the population was created to be subservient to the other half doesn't seem to have the best interest of half it's population in mind...

and if you look at the history of the world religions with an open mind you might come to the conclusions that it's been the same basic story, the same "secret knowledge" that's been told throughout history. with each new culture that it's encountered or conquered, it's been adapted somewhat to fit the needs of that group or that time in history but the story is basically the same. only the names have been changed. religions never die, they just transform themselves from time to time to fit the "new age".

and personally, I do think that the religions today need a transformation. it might not be good to have any type of technology as it's core foundation though since one good solar flare or emp could shut the whole thing down in a matter of seconds and that would be a rather disturbing event for most people, even now. and well, the more disturbing things get it seem the more people try to draw strength from that spiritual side of things. I think if that spiritual side was shut down also, it would probably break the human psyche. technology is a nice thing to have around but we've already become too dependent on it. and well, look at the state of the bees today and it will give you a clue as to what happens when the hive breaks down.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The difference residing in the creation. Mainstream religions have become corrupted by men; cults were begun solely as a channel for corruption to flow by egotistical people.

And there most certainly is an umbrella cult of New Age, it's heavily intertwined with intelligence agencies.

a reply to: dawnstar
I'm afraid i've done nothing but look at all religions with an open mind; it is in fact part of my job. And which religions exactly teach that half of the population should be subservient..?

I strongly disagree that all religions have the same story or "secret knowledge". Particularly as various ones developed in vastly separated areas in vastly different time periods with no contact. Most certainly contain similar thematic elements and such, but I would suggest this is more due to the universal human experiences and archetypes, rather than any actual connection.

I do fully agree with you on technology. It seems we are being made to become dependent, a la Deus Ex. I think most western people would die a week after the power went out.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

How about simply taking a copy of each of the major doctrines and noting those which branched off from them as same,then using a highlighter pen to mark EVERY SINGLE WORD WHICH REPRESENTS AN OPINION OR AN EMOTION......do it with every doctrinal story .......you might find you are left with the exact same ONE-TRUE human history and that NONE of the doctrines were based on spirituality of any kind whatsoever....that these doctrines ALL originated from ONE-TRUE HUMAN HISTORY......a literal tangible history book with no "gods" or "miracles" or divine entities.

There is a One-True Humanitarian History coded into every single major doctrine on Earth.

No one has ever erased it...no one has ever dilluted it.....because in a wonderfull twist of irony the competing doctrines each clung to specific core value pillars of the original One-True Humanitarian history......all the pillars have been preserved.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

All fun and games until you are plugged in whether you would or not.

What fun when we develop the cashless society where you must be implanted with a chip in order to interact with the economy ... then you are merely another cog in the machine to be controlled, tracked, exactly like a commodity yourself. How nice of you to render your contributions solely to ether where you can be opted in with no actual control on that process. Hello bail ins and negative interest rates!

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

but I would suggest this is more due to the universal human experiences and archetypes, rather than any actual connection.

a reply to: SargonThrall

but I would suggest that it is within those archetypes and those universal human experiences that the "secret knowledge" is hidden, the rest is just fluff. there is a message contained within that was important enough to our ancestors and their ancestors since the beginning of time that they've managed to keep it alive through all this time although the ability to truly understand might have been lost.

And which religions exactly teach that half of the population should be subservient..?

let's see there's hinduism, with it's caste system, that probably takes at least half their population and demotes them into second class people. christianity still has remnants giving clues of the subservient position of women if the doctrines aren't just flat out teaching it and some do. not to mention the divine position it has given to kings and queens. but then all that I see as just the fluff that was added as ruling power started using beliefs to help control and direct the people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join