It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHFS...gone...cant...live

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Yesterday I was riding to school with my mom, and there wasnt anything good on her statinos, so I turned it to WHFS (99.1FM) and to my dismay I heard Spanish music. I freaked out. My mom said that they took WHFS off the air for some reason a few days ago. Without any warning. And now they arent saying anything at all aobut why it got shut down. AND IM PISSED!!!!! Theres no good "alternative rock" stations anymore, cept 101.1 which has semi good music, but thats it. Theres 4 hiphop stations (that I listen too) but they HAD to take down one of the best radio stations around here.

PLUS...I cant listen to my radio shows, like the Junkies in the Morning, Big O and Dukes, and Loveline with Adam Corolla and Doctor Drew. ARGHGHGHGHGGHGH!!!!!

[edit on 15-1-2005 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
this happened to me to. i was caooming home from MEPS and the radio station i used to like 93.9 the dam swithced from rock to country in one day!

i miss tim and the animal with jonny royal.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
you guys should explore the net for e-radio stations. i'm sure you'll find some tunes to your liking. also a lot of ordinary stations are online now aswell

hope this helps. i sympathise with you. i HATE when people screw with my choons and my radio

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Man, we had the same thing happen around here one time. The rock station started advertising something big for a certain date. When that day came, they played Garth Brooks, "The River" non-stop for 3 days and then it was a country station. Boy was I pizzed.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
dlm if you live in ny area tune into 92.3 dam good listening lol and this hasnt happened to me before thank god! its all spanish now

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Shadowman...I live right outside DC.

UPDATE: The Junkies in the Morning will be returning on another station!!! As will Big O and Dukes!!! YAY!!! Im not sure what that stations PLAY tho o_O

This station has been playing Rock for 36 years!!! Im so sad!!!

Gotta listen to its crappy rival now...

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowMan
dlm if you live in ny area tune into 92.3 dam good listening lol

YES! K-ROCK! I listen to 92.3 a lot... when they had Stern it rocked more...

VIVA LA ROCK!

Sorry, DLM... stuff happens...
...remember what I told ya on AIM

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophetmike
YES! K-ROCK! I listen to 92.3 a lot... when they had Stern it rocked more...

lol yes k-rock, stern is still on in the mornings then booker and everyone else starts playing lol k-rock owns sorry dlm

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowMan
lol yes k-rock, stern is still on in the mornings then booker and everyone else starts playing lol k-rock owns sorry dlm

hes still on?! i must be off my rocker! i haven't listened in a while, though... i've been waking up late...

i should listen again soon! go stern, baby!

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
www.95bfm.com

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I just got Sirius installed in my car....
....I forgot there even was the FM/AM band

I know how you feel though man - Right before I got Sirius, the morning show on our local hard rock station, x101.5, was taken over by a syndicated show - Which isn't horrible, but I miss the local DJs spin on local current events with that special twist of humor in the mornings....Their sense of being a rebellious station that hated on Clear Channel policy in their younger days has now been muted....:shk:

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
Yesterday I was riding to school with my mom, and there wasnt anything good on her statinos, so I turned it to WHFS (99.1FM) and to my dismay I heard Spanish music. I freaked out. My mom said that they took WHFS off the air for some reason a few days ago. Without any warning. And now they arent saying anything at all aobut why it got shut down. AND IM PISSED!!!!! Theres no good "alternative rock" stations anymore, cept 101.1 which has semi good music, but thats it. Theres 4 hiphop stations (that I listen too) but they HAD to take down one of the best radio stations around here.

PLUS...I cant listen to my radio shows, like the Junkies in the Morning, Big O and Dukes, and Loveline with Adam Corolla and Doctor Drew. ARGHGHGHGHGGHGH!!!!!

You are aware that HFS is back on the FM now. You can find it on 105.7 just fyi.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadlynightshade
You are aware that HFS is back on the FM now. You can find it on 105.7 just fyi.

It's also streaming on the web at www.whfs.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Yesterday I was riding to school with my mom, and there wasnt anything good on her statinos, so I turned it to WHFS (99.1FM)

YOu mean they just up and changed the frequency???

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Susquehanna

Yesterday I was riding to school with my mom, and there wasnt anything good on her statinos, so I turned it to WHFS (99.1FM)

YOu mean they just up and changed the frequency???

A-yup, they just pumped up the volume to 105.7

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
well, that's a relief, HFS is a staple on the east coast, I don't get to DC as much as I used to, but it is on the dial when I'm in the area. Now just higher...

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
105.7 Used to be WJFK or something If I recall...

If they did this, it must have been recently (edit...apparently now, why was i just now informed!!! Was back in Jan., like 2 weeks after this thread), cuz when they got shut down 105.7 was being talked about as being the new home of the Junkies.

Ill check 105.7 now.

Damn reception sucks...but its definately WHFS, got Big O and Dukes!! Dont see the junkies tho
And Howard Stern is there! Its even better! But DAMN does reception suck. And I cant listen to the stream cuz Im on Linux and it doesnt support Linux, damn AOL bastards.

HFStival looks like its gonna be a bust this year, not one good band.
I went and saw it last year, and they had great bands, this year, CRAP!

[edit on 4-18-2005 by dreamlandmafia]

new topics

top topics

join