It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are You?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Awesome video asking the question, what are you? Are you your cells? You are made up of trillions of cells. Since your cells die and are replaced are you still you? If you donate an organ are you living inside someone else? What is DNA? If your cells die and are replaced are you just a snapshot in time right here, right now?

Awesome channel I highly recommend you explore all the videos. Perfect for ATS.

And if you watched the entire video and want to see the second part from the other channel.

edit on 1-6-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I'm a mouse. I am better looking than a vole and not as chaotic as a squirrel

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills
At the moment I feel like I am nothing.

Hopefully that will change soon.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Spader

You will learn you are way more than nothing, there are more cells in your body than they are stars in the galaxy. You may also not be alone, as there may be two consciousness within you.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
What am I?

I does not exist, I is an illusion of separation there is only the self, god form, super intelligent mind, I am an imagination.

I am the totality of the mind, the universe, everything is me.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

We are awareness in a human host.

When the body is destroyed by disease, old age, gun shots, whatever the damage is, our awareness goes back home to where we came before being born.

The body allows us to experience everything on this plain of existence. Other then that, we are internal energy of existence that never dies. After death of our bodies our energy transforms to something else.

I do not believe science will ever be able to solve what happened to the soul, or our awareness when the body dies.

However Religion such as Christianity talks about the soul moving on after death.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Thank you I love knowing that people think about these things I actually thought I was nuts that it's only me who asks those questions ("existential crisis" or I thought I am psychotic)

There is absolutely no denial that dna cells of organs have some type of memory (for example stories of eye donors people actually get the images of that person just absolutely fascinating thought) actually now you got me thinking with the 3D printing of organs and cloning maybe we are playing with something unnaturally artificial

My personal philosophy about what I am is : there is no I in I am (from dust we come to dust we return but I believe in something like your thoughts are universal and immortal and actually more physical or "alive" then material substance of universe kind of like you know the matrix like everyone puts it)
edit on 1-6-2016 by Tehthehet because: Spellcheck

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

When you break through the veil you realize the body isn't real. It was never really you to begin with.
edit on 6/1/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Individual cells have no consciousness, no will?

That is a big unfounded presumption.

(..and the documentary goes on to make a lot more.)

----

We are a conglomerate which includes 'mental' and 'physical' phenomena resulting in emergent properties.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I'm a mouse. I am better looking than a vole and not as chaotic as a squirrel

I think I'm a squirrel. My brain is so scattered at times.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I am at this moment conscious awareness (subjective player) that is more or less aware of my higher self consciousness (soul) who have become more or less aware of information flow between the subjective player, my soul and everything else.

I do like normally the feeling you can feel from the soul collective that are mutualistic in behavior. My body is just a temporary avatar I am using.
edit on 2-6-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I thought we were just poo factories.

Its the poo of the antelope, the poo of the giraffe
Which crawls up to the earth, and becomes the blades of grass
The grass is eaten by the cattle, which comes out the other end
To make poo for the humans, and start all over again.

But now, I have to think about how I am not the same poo factory I once was.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
Individual cells have no consciousness, no will?

That is a big unfounded presumption.

(..and the documentary goes on to make a lot more.)

----

We are a conglomerate which includes 'mental' and 'physical' phenomena resulting in emergent properties.

I agree.

If we look at Orch or theory part of consciousness is being manifested within a cell that can explain why one cell organisms can operate. They clearly have a purpose and will. It might not have the computing power that you can run a higher level awareness on but then from my point of view my own computing power is a bit to limiting my awareness so I kinda want a more advanced body.

edit on 2-6-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   
You, I, everyone, plant, animal, fish, bug, microorganism and all unknown at this point are the culmination of this weird machine like process called the Universe. All time and space has led right to this point, Consciousness. After innumerable eons, the Universe developed into consciousness, so I can imagine life is just the first step into becoming the Universe.

We feel we are just part of the Universe, along for the ride.

Incorrect, we ARE the Universe! As above, so below. As within, so without.

The Ancients knew this and kept it secret, Hence the secret doctrines of today's "Secret Societies", which Sir Isaac Newton was affiliated with. Essentially combining scientific and spiritual philosophies into one life long journey of exploration into physical and the nonphysical.

Consciousness.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958

We are awareness in a human host.

When the body is destroyed by disease, old age, gun shots, whatever the damage is, our awareness goes back home to where we came before being born.

The body allows us to experience everything on this plain of existence. Other then that, we are internal energy of existence that never dies. After death of our bodies our energy transforms to something else.

I do not believe science will ever be able to solve what happened to the soul, or our awareness when the body dies.

However Religion such as Christianity talks about the soul moving on after death.

Well said Sir and that is pretty much what I think as well.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Let me try to answer:

I m a energy that holds trillions of cells, organisms, bacterias, molecules, atoms, bozons, electrons, viruses and other known and unknown things inside, outside and around on macrolevel and microlevel.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   

The void

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
according to that video i am a duck or chicken of some sort...lol no

well i feel that i am all that i think. simply put

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
our cells are constantly changing around us and its our souls that are the only thing constant

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
What Are You?

We are ALL momentary unique Conscious Perspectives (Souls)!

edit on 10-6-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join