It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cleverman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
New Australian series.

Cleverman is an upcoming American-Australian-New Zealand television drama series based on an original concept by Ryan Griffen. The series will air on ABC in Australia and SundanceTV in the United States in 2016.[1]

The six-part drama series reflects on racism, asylum seekers and border protection.[2] Its central story revolves around two estranged indigenous brothers who are forced together to fight for their own survival. Otherworldly dreaming creatures also emerge into this real world dystopian landscape.[3]

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm liking it so far.

Just wanted to share.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That looks fantastic; will check it out.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Dark, dystopian, heavily racist, a surprisingly good program.

A bold new show, imho.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Naa, . Different channel different charactors same storyline of oppressors and oppressed with same whitewash of exploring racism and all the other social debates. Tedious for me. Thanks though.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
New Australian series.

Cleverman is an upcoming American-Australian-New Zealand television drama series based on an original concept by Ryan Griffen. The series will air on ABC in Australia and SundanceTV in the United States in 2016.[1]

The six-part drama series reflects on racism, asylum seekers and border protection.[2] Its central story revolves around two estranged indigenous brothers who are forced together to fight for their own survival. Otherworldly dreaming creatures also emerge into this real world dystopian landscape.[3]

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm liking it so far.

Just wanted to share.

And why do I have every confidence it will portray immigrants as people who if sent back to their native country would be arrested before they got both feet on the ground, body slammed, cuffed, beaten with a stick, slammed in the face with a rifle butt, put up against a wall and damn near shot on the spot.

When we've taken pity of them they will try to force us to convert to Islam and demand we kick white Australians out of their homes so they can be given the settlers who come to take us over. dunno why I get that idea. HHuMMMM

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I honestly didn't read that much into it.

More of a supernatural twist with a species of humanoids different from homo sapiens.

I enjoyed the first episode.

new topics

top topics

join