It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kunta Kinte'...are YOU a "Slave"??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Awesome post!!!

Awesome.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

It was a question, guess you don't want to answer it. You seem to have the facts I was just wondering as I haven't heard that before.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

No one is forcing you to use them. Sure it is hard to not, but you are not forced.

If you are smart enough you would use all of these above as a tool to get you ahead financially in life. Left in the wrong brain it can decimate your life!

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

You're right, I don't...I already answered it. It's not about answering your question; it's about answering a question with a question.

Perhaps you should go first. I made my statement, you asked questions. Perhaps you make a statement...and I ask questions.

You seem to do well asking questions. Perhaps you answer some.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Snarl

Never seen Passion of the Christ either.

LOL ... an Army buddy of mine made me buy a copy and watch it with him. He was so sure a movie was going to have influence over me.

You can PM your mailing address and I'll send it to you. No ... really. -chuckle

ETA: There are realities to economic slavery. Religion can instill one with the false belief that they are free. When, in truth, no one is free as long as they are dependent ... and that includes dependence on society.
edit on 162016 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

.... You never asked me a question. You made a statement, I asked about said statement and then you told me to just re read it or go start my own thread.
I did look it up btw. From what I found it was almost 3500 slaves that were recorded to be lynched. Let's see your number.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Awesome post!!!

Awesome.

Everyone should read that one post. Those in denial especially .

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Awesome post!!!

Awesome.

Everyone should read that one post. Those in denial especially .

I did. I gagged.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

When it comes to both those movies, they feel didactic and heavy handed about it. I don't need to see someone getting beaten to within an inch of his life to know that life was(is) brutal and that humanity is capable of dealing out the absolute worst to other people for any reason they can conceive of to justify it.

I am sure that some people do need that visual cue, but I have an imagination. I can see it quite fine in my head and realize what it meant.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Then not only are you in denial , but in denial of being in denial

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Well ...crap. The cock didn't even crow twice ... and I was just denied thrice.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Well ...crap. The cock didn't even crow twice ... and I was just denied thrice.

But , isnt that the very basic beginnings of a Progressive Liberal. They come to the realization they are merely a slave to the system. They have no say-so , so to speak. Their perceived duty is merely follow along with choices already made for them . Isnt the rest of their mantras built on this self-same , self-realized principle ?

So , I take it the whole reverse pyramid of the Progresive Liberal , whose basic concept of reality depends on that one realization , is false ?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I know what the OP was trying to say and I don't think it was meant to undermine or belittle the plight of African Americans centuries ago. Most of us know and accept that what happened in that era was a disgraceful blight on American history, that goes without saying.

Allow me to share an anecdotal story from personal experience. Every school I have ever attended has been predominately black (middle school was named Jefferson Davis oh the irony). I remember watching the original roots in class and being extremely uncomfortable and not because of what I was viewing but rather the effect it was having on some of the other students around me. I was a late bloomer and pretty much tiny until a couple of years after I graduated. While watching this movie I noticed that some of the AA children who were coincidentally over developed and larger than most of the caucasian children were becoming agitated and boisterous verbally expressing desire to hurt caucasians. I gripped my pencil tightly ready to lodge it in the first person who may have dared to assault me over offenses that I was not alive to commit and that they were not alive to be offended by.

It is important to never forget history but it is also careless and reckless to force graphic imagery and portrayals of that history onto those who are not yet mature enough to deal with it. All that being said we most certainly do live in an era of informal financial slavery. Quit your job and go beg the government for handouts, I challenge you. I am confident most of you will go crawling back to your indentured servitude because it provided a more comfortable lifestyle than you are able to afford off of your government scraps. Try to survive off of bartering alone and see how far you get with that.

Panopticism is a social theory named after the Panopticon, originally developed by French philosopher Michel Foucault in his book, Discipline and Punish. The "panopticon" refers to an experimental laboratory of power in which behaviour could be modified, and Foucault viewed the panopticon as a symbol of the disciplinary society of surveillance

If you truly do not think you are a slave I encourage you to embrace and practice your freedom...quit your job and stop paying your bills and stop paying taxes then come back and share your experience with us all so that we may understand what modern day freedom tastes like.
edit on 1-6-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

i have to say that your links only show that 35 hundred number to be post civil war, that would make them ex-slaves. seeing how they were free after the the war.

from your first link.

Nearly 3,500 African Americans and 1,300 whites were lynched in the United States between 1882 and 1968, mostly from 1882 to 1920.[8]

the civil war ended in 1865.

from your second link,

The Tuskegee Institute has recorded 3,446 blacks and 1,297 whites being lynched between 1882 and 1968, with the annual peak occurring in the 1890s, at a time of economic stress in the South and political suppression of blacks

and this number comes after the war and they were not slaves at that time.

now don't get me wrong it is a well know fact that some slave owners did kill their slaves, but that was very rare. they would stand to lose money that way, and couldn't recoup any expenses at all. they were far more likely to torture,and maim them.
that way they could still try and sell them off and recoup some of the losses.

here this from PBS.

One of the worst conditions that enslaved people had to live under was the constant threat of sale. Even if their master was "benevolent," slaves knew that a financial loss or another personal crisis could lead them to the auction block. Also, slaves were sometimes sold as a form of punishment. And although popular sentiment (as well as the economic self-interest on the part of the owners) encouraged keeping mothers and children and sometimes fathers together, these norms were not always followed. Immediate families were often separated. If they were kept together, they were almost always sold away from their extended families. Grandparents, sisters, brothers, and cousins could all find themselves forcibly scattered, never to see each other again. Even if they or their loved ones were never sold, slaves had to live with the constant threat that they could be.
African American women had to endure the threat and the practice of sexual exploitation. There were no safeguards to protect them from being sexually stalked, harassed, or raped, or to be used as long-term concubines by masters and overseers. The abuse was widespread, as the men with authority took advantage of their situation. Even if a woman seemed agreeable to the situation, in reality she had no choice. Slave men, for their part, were often powerless to protect the women they loved.
The drivers, overseers, and masters were responsible for plantation discipline. Slaves were punished for not working fast enough, for being late getting to the fields, for defying authority, for running away, and for a number of other reasons. The punishments took many forms, including whippings, torture, mutilation, imprisonment, and being sold away from the plantation. Slaves were even sometimes murdered. Some masters were more "benevolent" than others, and punished less often or severely. But with rare exceptions, the authoritarian relationship remained firm even in those circumstances.
Conditions of antebellum slavery 1830 - 1860

edit on 1-6-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Fine ex slaves then, split the hairs.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   

True. Everyone is a slave to Money. Money has become the people's God.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
1) people aren't forced to work.
2) they aren't lynched if they refuse.
3) they get paid, some in hefty amounts.
4) what are you waffling on about.

Wrong!!!

You need to learn what money is buddy. Our money is just paper and all it has is perceived value and the best part is it's doled out as debt. So if every dollar has interest tied to it then how on God's Green earth are We free? You might not think You have debt but You need to realize one day they are collect on the national debt and You will be paying it just like the rest of us.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Fine ex slaves then, split the hairs.

it's not splinting hairs, it's facts that set your claim that 3500 slaves were hung straight.
and in fact the OP was correct in his statement you tried to slam him on.

OP's statement,

2. Far less "slaves" were lynched than traitors, cattle rustlers and outlaws. Check your facts.

you were wrong and won't admit it, the phase Deny Ignorance comes to mind. which being ignorant to a fact is not a bad thing. but when you state things that are wrong or try distort facts such as calling them slaves when in fact they weren't, is being intellectually and factually dishonest.

edit on 2-6-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Unless one is an anarchist we all give up something to live in a so called community ,even bands of small HGs have some rules and a leader or a council of some sort , do that make them slaves?? I think not, but I get your point states with high hierarchies can in fact leads to massive enslaved or near slave populations.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnthePhilistine

I work in commercial construction as well. In our state it should be one AA per 7 workers. I'd say in the trades there are about equal numbers of females and AA, about 1:30 people. If we excluded construction management companies or engineers on the job there would be close to 0 women in construction. I think I can count on 1 hand the number of tradeswomen I've seen in my 8 years working.
Mainly whites, but landscaping, concrete, and asphalt are split 2:1 white:hispanic while hispanics are only 5% of our states population

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join