It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama tries to trash Trump, turns into a complete mess when teleprompter breaks.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

What kind of president can't and doesn't have his own thoughts to articulate.

Donald Trump...Literally. His level of pandering and ability to completely flip flop in a matter of seconds is stunning.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I can't believe any of you honestly think Obama is a "moron". Have you never had a bad day, or been run down and had a word salad for breakfast?

I'm sure any of you could take on his job and do better for 8 years and show no signs of burnout, you Internet warrior you...

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: onequestion

What kind of president can't and doesn't have his own thoughts to articulate.

Donald Trump...Literally. His level of pandering and ability to completely flip flop in a matter of seconds is stunning.

Haha.
Sounds like a male version of Hillary that isn't a lawyer.
Sounds like a different version of Obama that had a job in the private sector.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
haha THAT WAS FUNNY.... Ble, ble, ble, that's all folks!

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
For the millions of you out there who never got tongue tied. Good for you.

I'm happy for you.
The rest of you better not live in glass houses.

There are those of us who took basic public speaking courses as early as junior high and were taught strategies to avoid doing this when we were speaking.

One would think that someone who is in the public eye as much as a professional politician is would have been well-versed in such things.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

No it isn't.
And don't you dare tell me what my intent is. You don't have a clue about me.

Saying the term "Okie Dokey" is a term used to describe pullling a fast one or lying.

Calling someone the subjective "OKIE DOKE", as a noun, is a racial/ethnic term used in the hood, to describe WHITES.

Fact

Oh, so he was basically using the equivalent of honkey or cracker?

I remember when the media got up in arms about macaca ... So shouldn't this also be an issue? It is at least as big a deal if that is what happened.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

You're right I don't have that experience lol. I live in a city that is 45% African American. That is way above national average.
Words mean what the intent of the speaker wants them to mean. A rose by any other name and all.
So you're still wrong it's not a racial epithet. Now go bother some other member for a while.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

You're right I don't have that experience lol. I live in a city that is 45% African American. That is way above national average.
Words mean what the intent of the speaker wants them to mean. A rose by any other name and all.
So you're still wrong it's not a racial epithet. Now go bother some other member for a while.

So if I randomly typed the n-word, you wouldn't have any issue with that? Obviously, if I typed it randomly there was no intent behind it, so I couldn't possibly be racist with that could I?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

The only one bringing up race is you dude. Who's got the obsession on race here?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I have heard the term used as derogatory slang to refer to whites similar to cracker, honkey ect.
I have heard the term used to refer to swindling or fooling someone.

With any other group would there be a discussion as to a phrase being offensive?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Oh we can get that as the root can we? That's funny. What are white trash from Nebraska next door called? What about in Kansas, Washington state. New York???? No sorry but no . Just stop already. This is you're interpretation and no one else's.
People have been saying okey dokey since the 30s probably. It means the same as ok. Alright, sure,.
I didn't mean it racially I meant it as stupid loud brash you know like Donald trump.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I only asked because I have never heard the term used in that way before.

I have always heard it used as an indication of agreement:

"Do you want to go to the movies?"

"Okie dokie!"

Or an indication that things are all right:

"How are things?"

"Okie dokie"

Obama used it differently. He used it as if "okie dokie" is some kind of thing or something. So was just asking what kind of context he was using it in because it sounded like complete nonsense to me.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

We call it that here in Virginia too.

When I lived in N.Y. it was fuhgedaboudit.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yes, but Obama didn't use it that way. He used it differently as if it was a thing. All right, OK, sure are not things. You do not use the term as you would a noun.

If we fall for a bunch of okie doke.

That is the quote. He is using is as the object of a preposition. You would not put "all right," "OK," or "sure" in there and have it work. Clearly, he is thinking of it as some kind of thing.
edit on 2-6-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
You are distracted by ewok pet on Trumps head.
The force is strong with him, there on his head is a pet full of Midi-chlorians. They make you unknowingly, lazy and racist all of dark side symptoms are showing. Quick make a tin foil hat.
a reply to: thinline

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

No it isn't.

Saying the term "Okie Dokey" is a term used to describe pullling a fast one or lying.

Calling someone the subjective "OKIE DOKE", as a noun, is a racial/ethnic term used in the hood, to describe WHITES.

Fact

I remember when the media got up in arms about macaca ... So shouldn't this also be an issue? It is at least as big a deal if that is what happened.

Ok. I think this thread has changed from being childish, to going full-retard.

Congratulations.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Different people use phrases in different ways.
From the video I dont think it would be unbelievable if someone was offended by his use of the term.
He has used the term in the past in campaign speeches so the video was nothing new from him.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: ketsuko

No it isn't.

Fact

Ok. I think this thread has changed from being childish, to going full-retard.

Congratulations.

I am an editor. This is my job and what I do. If I received a piece of copy for review where I work that read like this. These are the questions I would be asking. I would not let anyone release copy that made them look like a full-on retard. I would either want an explanation of what they were aiming at or suggest they use another word in that spot.

So I am simply asking ... what was the intention for the usage of "okie doke" in that context. I have never heard it used in that manner and my dictionary does not have it, only Okie (referring to people in Oklahoma).

It is a valid question.
edit on 2-6-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Oh really??? Hillary flip flops while trump simply changes his mind. Trump evolves his stance. Hillary lies and panders to the audience. Trump reconsiders, Hillary is confused.

I love how this works. It's comical really.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Real original. Only three other people linked that ahead of you.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join