It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama tries to trash Trump, turns into a complete mess when teleprompter breaks.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Maybe he should see a doctor. It wasn't funny when this happened to Serene Branson. Shame on you all for laughing.

Unless it wasn't a stroke, then it was funny to watch him prove yet again that his "great public speaker" image means "great public reader".

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Thanks for the background on that.

Interesting.
So the minute Obama is forced off script...he naturally defaults to stuttering out racial slurs.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: DBCowboy

Glad all you have is maniacal laughter.

Sorry.

It was on my teleprompter.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

No it isn't.
And don't you dare tell me what my intent is. You don't have a clue about me.

Saying the term "Okie Dokey" is a term used to describe pullling a fast one or lying.

Calling someone the subjective "OKIE DOKE", as a noun, is a racial/ethnic term used in the hood, to describe WHITES.

Fact

edit on 617am3008America/Chicago16CDT08America/Chicago by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Thanks for the background on that.

Interesting.
So the minute Obama is forced off script...he naturally defaults to stuttering out racial slurs.

Ask anyone in the hood what an "Okie Doke" is referring to.

HINT: Root word from Oklahoma

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

BULL And you know it. Okay dokey means ok. Just a cute way to say ok. You just have an evil mind I guess if you think it means something else. That just you though not anyone else.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

BULL And you know it. Okay dokey means ok. Just a cute way to say ok. You just have an evil mind I guess if you think it means something else. That just you though not anyone else.

I'm getting the feeling you don't know anyone in the hood, or haven't.

I have, more than I care to admit. I had a different life decades ago.

The NOUN "Okie Doke" is a racial epithet.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
And yes, Obama SLIPPED by using the term "Okie Doke"

It's a term reserved for WHITES who are pulling a fast one on Blacks....specifically.

It goes back a long time. He lost the teleprompter and showed his cards, Freudian.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick1
"A buncha okey doke"?? he said, let me repeat :

A BUNCHA OKEY DOKE!

Good God.

Not from usa and i ask how grown up that is? Or maybe he is distracted by ewok pet on Trumps head.
The force is strong here, here on his head is a pet full of Midi-chlorians. And we know:
"Without the midi-chlorians, life could not exist, and we would have no knowledge of the Force. They continually speak to us, telling us the will of the Force. When you learn to quiet your mind, you'll hear them speaking to you."
―Qui-Gon Jinn, to Anakin Skywalker
Maybe Obama learned to quiet his mind and spoke to them and they told him "Once we were brothers in the Force. But from the Hundred-Year Darkness were born the Sith."
―Unidentified Jedi
Bad mojo ppl. End is starting...

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
OKIE DOKE:

-A joke played on someone. Someone getting played for a fool.

-Also, someone who is fake or is a joke.

"Urban" Dictionary

(Sounds like an apt description of Mr. Trump's typical nonsensical diatribe to me.)

I'm not sure the argument could be made that this term is anymore of a racial "epithet" than well "Urban" or "Thug."

/shrug

On with the grade-school ridicule.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: onequestion
An actor usually plays a part convincingly . Obama's ability as an actor playing a President is an EPIC FAIL

Yeah Like Ronald Reagan

OL Ronnie Did a Good Job didnt He

a True Sporting Actor .. that he was ...

Heard he was a good Chess Player too..
in a Period during the cold war ..

The Soviets Liked Playing Chess.

Master of Puppets ( The Corporate Elite ) Pulling their Strings !

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
He's finally drank THE water, and becoming one of the idiot zombies, or his teleprompter malfunctioned again.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
OKIE DOKE:

-A joke played on someone. Someone getting played for a fool.

-Also, someone who is fake or is a joke.

"Urban" Dictionary

(Sounds like an apt description of Mr. Trump's typical nonsensical diatribe to me.)

I'm not sure the argument could be made that this term is anymore of a racial "epithet" than well "Urban" or "Thug."

/shrug

On with the grade-school ridicule.

As someone who actually spent TIME around Blacks, and knew it in and out, I know better.

The term is especially used by OLDER Blacks (late 40s- 50s) to describe lying WHITES

I know EXACTLY what code speak Obama was using. Under the radar and slick. But loud and clear to the Blacks listening of his generation.

I'll even be MORE specific and say that Black Liberation and Nationalists used it often. Like Dick Gregory and other Liberation authors.

edit on 646am3009America/Chicago16CDT09America/Chicago by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Right, right. You're the only person here who has "spent time around Blacks."

Yes, Obama is "being slick" ... using a known phrase (unless you're pretending you wrote the entries at "Urban Dictionary"?)

It's a term that means ... BS, garbage, same ol' same ol' etc.

Why try to make it a racial slur? Seems very divisive of you.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
He lost the teleprompter and showed his cards, Freudian.

Water always seeks its own level doesn't it !!

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Because he SLIPPED.

And because as a White guy who spent more time around Blacks than I would safely say ANY White member currently in this thread, and arguably on ATS, who is in his 40s....I caught the code speak.

THAT's why.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
a reply to: Gryphon66

Because he SLIPPED.

And because as a White guy who spent more time around Blacks than I would safely say ANY White member currently in this thread, and arguably on ATS, who is in his 40s....I caught the code speak.

THAT's why.

Because that's the way YOU WANT TO INTERPRET IT.

It's astounding that you think your experiences are so unique. It's the equivalent of saying "Because I said so."

Obama's "stutter" is well-documented when he's empassioned or otherwise "goes off script."

As is his use of cultural memes and sayings when he's making a point.

The phrase basically means "laughable nonsense" ... it's not "code" or "a racial epithet" or anything else you're claiming.

Why try to make it racial?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
If someone is too dense and ignorant to even see the ROOT word of the term "OKIE DOKE" is...

Being WHITE TRASH from Oklahoma...

You are BEYOND help...and blind.

Our own American President slipped and let his 'hood roots' show.

Caught. Again.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
What is more "dense and ignorant"?

To make a public claim that one's own knowledge of cultural language is unique?

To make a public claim that no one other than one's self, and any Black person in their 50s understands a well-known phrase?

To think that not hitting the "Reply" button is fooling anyone?

The really funny thing here, aside from a continuing desperation to make fun of the President, is the irony of claiming that Obama is "hood" (thanks for another example") when it fits the argument and "out of touch" with Black America when that fits the argument.

In Georgia cultural-speak, we call that "talkin' outta both sides of yo' mouth."

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This from the man who's campaign put hoodies on sale after Martin attacked Zimmerman, because he thought Zimmerman was gay and might try to rape his brother, and was killed

Yeah

Obama's biggest failure is he could of brought people closer but he used any chance he got to divide America

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join