It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama tries to trash Trump, turns into a complete mess when teleprompter breaks.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
O no! You mean he will have to ad-lib and miss pronounce corps and think on his own! Ha ha, the smartest man in the room is the emperor without clothes.
edit on 4-6-2016 by Robe2227 because: I made a simple error and was just trying to correct it

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Robe2227
O no! You mean he will have to ad-lib and miss pronounce corps and think on his own! Ha ha, the smartest man in the room is the emperor without clothes.

You forgot '57 states (plus 2 more to go... I think?) '.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Re: "okie doke"

I've used okie dokie as "ok" for a long time but had not come across it used in this manner, as a noun, before.

Here it is equated to Uncle Toms:

The inevitable outcome, Dap believes, is th. creation of “okie-doke Negroes” or Uncle Toms who are not down for the cause.

[PDF] From Tyler Texas to Tyler Perry: Racial Ideology and Black Film

I also found it in two books:

Digging: The Afro-American Soul of American Classical Music

And

A Long Time Coming: The Inspiring, Combative 2008 Campaign and the Historic

About president Obama.
edit on 4-6-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

It's not a fact. FACT .

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
Re: "okie doke"

I've used okie dokie as "ok" for a long time but had not come across it used in this manner, as a noun, before.

Here it is equated to Uncle Toms:

The inevitable outcome, Dap believes, is th. creation of “okie-doke Negroes” or Uncle Toms who are not down for the cause.

[PDF] From Tyler Texas to Tyler Perry: Racial Ideology and Black Film

I also found it in two books:

Digging: The Afro-American Soul of American Classical Music

And

A Long Time Coming: The Inspiring, Combative 2008 Campaign and the Historic

About president Obama.

Isn't Malcolm X also quoted as using the term?

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Here it is referenced as having a different meaning within black culture:

Give students some examples of how different classification systems cause communication problems.

Here are two:

A Peace Corps teacher says "Okie doke" to African students and they hear "O.K., dog!"

Cultural Awareness: Learning Your Way Around a New Culture. Revised. (direct .pdf link)

And in this book, it is in reference to how Obama uses it as a code word (and Malcolm X is referenced you will see) only understood by some in the black community:

Who's Afraid of Post-Blackness?: What It Means to Be Black Now

It would seem that there is something to the argument that there is a different meaning of the phrase within older black culture.
edit on 5-6-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
a reply to: Konduit

a reply to: Konduit

C'mon, that wasn't a brain fart, that was a full blown evacuate-your-cerebral-bowels moment ROFL. I guess the WiFi implant between obama's ears, where his brain may or may not have been, failed as well. Hard to control a puppet without a feedback loop ;-)

Laughed my ass off!

Lmao. Brain fart, no, not even close. Cerebral dump, getting warmer. What you guys heard was 'Bama shttin himself in his "big kids" all around potty pants!!! I think he had a "3" !!!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Wow. Seriously. All this for an auto cue malfunction.
You guys are really scrapping the bottom of the barrel to find something to circle jerk about.

The snide and pathetic comments in here are far more embarrassing then anything in that video, take a long hard look at yourselves.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Seriously, the last 8 years must have been hard on some folks here. Can we post the 75 thousand hours of bush gaffes? I hardly even think this is a gaffe or newsworthy. Of course most are silent when its 'their' guy

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
And everybody thought Bush the "Chimp" was a moron.
Too chez!

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
He's a good actor at best.

What kind of president can't and doesn't have his own thoughts to articulate.

This is what I'm sick of.

I want someone who can think on their feet and knows what they believe in and doesn't need to be told what to say.

A good actor can at least improvise.
After 7 years Obama still can't move whenever the puppet strings slip off.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Looks like the link was killed.

edit on 14-6-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

edit on 14-6-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

How do you even say "wit"? You can't say "wit", it'll sound exactly the same as saying with.. I mean, wiv.. that's possible. But how do you pronounce wit any differently than with?

Hmmm... Obama is so lame though, I mean.. I don't understand why black people even like him. He acts like how a super lame white person would act.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I know it's not really a very important part, but, come on... couldnt we find a better actor for this scene? This is just terrible acting. I'm not inspired at all. I liked the other Obama clone/robotoid/whatever they used much better... I Hope they Change back to the old one soon... It probably just needed a routine maintanance tune up or mind control reinforcement session.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Obama, behind the scenes, has been trashing Trump ever since Trump was a Birther (people seem to forget about that) when he offered 1 million dollars to obama for charity of choice if obama produced long form birth certif

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Maverick1
"A buncha okey doke"?? he said, let me repeat :

A BUNCHA OKEY DOKE!

Good God.

I was wondering about that one.

Did his staff actually think that was an attempt to ape the local lingo? I haven't ever heard that expression and I've grown up around rural folk most of my life.

Lol dubya used to pull that stunt. I hated listening to him. He butchered very colloquialism he ever said. Drove me nuts. "Fool me once, shame on you, but uh, but uh, you can't fool me again." And he always said "nucular" instead of nuclear. Nails on chalkboard.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join