It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama tries to trash Trump, turns into a complete mess when teleprompter breaks.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Oh we can get that as the root can we? That's funny. What are white trash from Nebraska next door called? What about in Kansas, Washington state. New York???? No sorry but no . Just stop already. This is you're interpretation and no one else's.
People have been saying okey dokey since the 30s probably. It means the same as ok. Alright, sure,.
I didn't mean it racially I meant it as stupid loud brash you know like Donald trump.

It has a double meaning.

The word "OKIE DOKE" as a NOUN, describes a White person in power, media, politics...as someone who is lying to Blacks. It was spoken in Black Liberation circles in the 60s through 80s more so.

Some Black Liberation preachers use it in sermons. Black Liberation authors and speakers have used it. The "MOOR" movement. The "Black Israelite" movement. The "Kemetic Science" (Black Egyptian) movement.

It is NEVER a term used when describing anybody OTHER than WHITES.

But it's cool, half here probably have to Google "Black Israelites" or "Kemetic Science" or "Kemet" movement to even know what the HELL I'm talking about.

edit on 796pm3001America/Chicago16CDT01America/Chicago by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
My god! Can you imagine what his conversations with foreign dignitaries are like with no teleprompter?

Maybe thats why nobody ever takes him seriously; because they don't know WTF he's saying

edit on 2-6-2016 by essentialtremors because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

I didn't say it was offensive. That dude who bathes in a fountain did.
Go back and read the thread again.
Oh and glad to know we have you to point out what you believe are my short comings. How are you different now?

Here is what you said:

Everybody pretty much agrees what that word means so no. I'm not stupid and I don't think you are either.

You get to decide what is offensive and what isn't because everybody agreed?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

They softened the definition on Urban Dictionary.

I looked it up too a long time ago because that's also part of my professional job, but I was fascinated by the unwillingness of certain people on this thread to render even the simplest of answers to my question. I really did just have that one simple question with no gotcha behind it.

That they were either completely unwilling to answer even that they didn't know or were likely to insult my intelligence by having that question says quite a bit about them.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: essentialtremors
My god! Can you imagine what his conversations with foreign dignitaries are like with no teleprompter?

Maybe thats why nobody ever takes him seriously; because they don't know WTF he's saying

I imagine they aren't as bad as you might think. Speaking in front of a crowd with no conversation of any sort is very different than speaking one on one or even small group. Now I likely wouldn't agree with the things he predicates his negotiations on, but I am confident he likely does not stutter like that at all.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit
His transhuman program went haywire ?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

But, if, if, if ya know....he, he, he.....like...

....sorry, I lost my train of thought

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

But, if, if, if ya know....he, he, he.....like...

....sorry, I lost my train of thought

Okie-Doke

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

a reply to: UnBreakable

Oh my, do you really think that was an accident? Please tell me know know I wrote that with purpose?

I know. Ever hear of sarcasm? It takes a sense of humor. Get one.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Oh now he was being coherent but earlier it was gibberish. Earlier he couldn't land on a word, now he's plotting and throwing in code.
Okaaaaay then. Eenie meenie miney mo pick the one that's apropos.
He's a genius, he's a jerk,
Pick whichever one will work.

You're a poet, and don't know it.

And may not know the racial undertones of his poem either.

I do because the local microbrewery had the gall to use it on one of their billboard adverts and the local racial grievance editorial writer had to inform the world of it.

I believe the member you are referring to is a 'she' and not 'he' as you said 'his' poem.

If that's so, then I apologize for getting that wrong.

No need to apologize. I know it's difficult to distinguish the way 'she' talks.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I didn't vote for Obama and I feel Bush and Obama are about the same but I just don't see why this is so funny.

If any of you were public speaking thousands of times I imagine there would be embarrassing mistakes, days you are off and not your best, anyone of us.

I was expecting something way more for all the hilarity in response.

I feel compassion for anyone messing up while public speaking, been there.

edit on 2-6-2016 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I learned early on here that arguing grammatical uses of words is a lost cause due to the fact that apparently grammar hasn't been a focus of the educational system for quite some time now. People who have gone through the system over the past 20 years or so have no idea what you speak of when you ask such questions about parts of speech and how they compose communications. For some folks, ignorance is bliss. I'm sorry for them but I didn't take them to raise.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
I learned early on here that arguing grammatical uses of words is a lost cause due to the fact that apparently grammar hasn't been a focus of the educational system for quite some time now. People who have gone through the system over the past 20 years or so have no idea what you speak of when you ask such questions about parts of speech and how they compose communications. For some folks, ignorance is bliss. I'm sorry for them but I didn't take them to raise.

*sigh* I guess I am spoiled by working with mostly literate people who have the sense to admit it when they don't know and do understand what I am talking about by word usage. I am also spoiled with a husband who understands it too.

I tend to forget that people in general do not understand basic grammar but I don't understand why because I never found it to be all that difficult myself.

It was just clear to me that he didn't mean to say "OK" or "sure" with that way he used it, and so I wanted to know what he meant by it because unlike a lot of people apparently, I find new usages to be interesting on a personal and professional level. You never know when that bit of trivia might crop up at your job, right?

edit on 2-6-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Reminds me of this classic by Stan Laurel...

youtu.be...
edit on 2-6-2016 by kuraijanai2013 because: Repeat

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Actually he is many times easier to understand then Bush was. I would like to see people take the Presidents of the us seriously because the reputation of our nation is involved. When we laugh at him we are making fun of ourselves.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Actually he is many times easier to understand then Bush was. I would like to see people take the Presidents of the us seriously because the reputation of our nation is involved. When we laugh at him we are making fun of ourselves.

I would agree that this nation has become a parody of what it used to be.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Looselungjones2
a reply to: paxnatus

8 years of making people like you upset was enough. Still crying over the loss. So put that in your history books.

History Books?? Oh I didn't know we still had those!! After all didn't this fine piece of trash rewrite history!! Or at least give it his damn best shot! If you support a man who lead us straight into the toilet then i i i i i i i i iiiiiiiiiiii can can can can NOT hel hel hel hel help help help YOU! The likes of OBOZO has proven he could not lead a 5th grade chorus singing row row row your boat!

Lighten up Frances! His legacy will live on LMAO!!

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Believe me, I get it. I was raised by a grammar-Nazi and married a PhD in English whose favorite class was History of the English Language. The last two years of high school was a struggle with my youngest because the communications she brought home from the school were riddled with grammatical errors and extremely hard to read. Happy to report however, that now she is actually out in the world of life and business she often thanks us for our insistence that she learn to write and communicate properly.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
How amusing these threads become, the partisan posturing is non-stop.

11 pages, 74 flags, and dozen of "stars" later ... what have we discovered?

President Obama "stutters" when he's passionate about a topic, or goes off-script, or has a teleprompter issue.

He did it as a candidate, he did it as President (twice), and he'll keep doing it.

So what?

When some of us critique threads like this as "Pure Obama Bashing" ... this is what we're talking about.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I don't know about you but i cannot remember a time that i was telling someone something and was NOT EVEN
THINKING ABOUT WHAT I WAS SAYING IN ORDER TO COMPLETE MY SENTENCE....jUST THE SENTENCE!! If i have had had a moment like that which we just witnessed, i have had the honesty to say i lost my train of thought or was distracted or something that would not make appear to be a babbling idiot!! We are not
talking about lack of passion, or grammar we are talking about about total loss of coherence!

He has done enough public speaking that he should be prepared when the teleprompter fails in order to prevent such embarrassment to himself!! So this tells me if you care so little about yourself that you cannot possibly care about your audience! which we all know is true so the whole point is MOOT!! Now back to my laughing fit!

ahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha!!!

Pax

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join