It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wash your feggin hands people

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
What about socks and sandals?

That is the sole purview of the sartorially challenged. If you come out dressed like that someone should run up to you, lick their hand and smear it on your face.

edit on 1-6-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer becasue he left it in the ladies room

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I see some of the humor in this thread has been lost on you..

But you still didn't answer my question. If used correctly (remember you said they aren't actually used correctly,) are they effective?

Because it wouldn't matter whether used correctly or not if they're bogus either way. But if they are effective when used correctly it seems you really have no reason to criticize.

You didn't answer the question.

And if I am a little OCD, it certainly doesn't cripple me in the slightest, nor does it bother anyone around me. Washing hands when appropriate is hardly a disorder.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The five second rule is one that everyone knows!!!

My mom used to say that everyone eats about a pound of just plain old "dirt" in their lives. I worked with babies for so long that I never, ever got sick. You live, you adapt to contaminants.....

You become a parent: First child, you sterilize the pacifier if it comes into contact with any other surface than the interior of your child's mouth. If anyone else so much as breathes on it (let alone handles it or coughs or sneezes on it) you throw it away.
Second child, you pick the pacifier up off of the floor or table or pavement, blow on it, and stick it back in your kid's mouth.

People are too freaked out about germs.
Humans have been surviving with "unhygienic" behavior (and complete lack of awareness of 'germs') for millennia.

edit on 6/1/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

But you still didn't answer my question. If used correctly (remember you said they aren't actually used correctly,) are they effective?

Because it wouldn't matter whether used correctly or not if they're bogus either way. But if they are effective when used correctly it seems you really have no reason to criticize.

And if I am a little OCD, it certainly doesn't cripple me in the slightest, nor does it bother anyone around me. Washing hands when appropriate is hardly a disorder.

Yup. OCD. Excessively using hand sanitizer IS a disorder. Get help. And I'm plenty amused by the other answers. It's just that I am not compelled to take orders from you and answer your questions the way you want them answered.
edit on 6/1/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Hah, Schuyler said almost the same thing:

originally posted by: schuyler
Of course not. With your first child you boil the pacifier for ten minutes before you give it back. With the second child you wipe it off and give it back. With your third child you let the dog lick it to clean it off before you give it back.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

Another thing I hate is people who come over, have a cup of cofffe, then think they're helping out by hand washing the cup in the sink and plonking it on top of my clean dishes drying on the rack. I have to re-wash all of them! The cup smells like a wet dog since all they did was give it a quick rinse.

Whu????

Wow. Time to take some deep breaths and think about what things don't freak other people out. If it freaks you out inordinately, you're probably overreacting. I understand how that feels. I used to flip out if a couple of dish-soap bubbles were left on my flatware!

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Ok still no answer. Whatever.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

LOL!!!! Yes! That is exactly it!!!

And I didn't see schuyler's post - it just, well, it is what it is.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Ok still no answer. Whatever.

Last I heard, you weren't signing my paychecks. Get help.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

So I'm going to be ostracized as some highfalutin hand-washer while you all applaud the dude who I literally saw take a dump and then run his hands through his hair?

Oh it's good to be back on ATS

Are you sure he took a dump? Maybe be was doing a number 3!

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
a reply to: peppycat

What about socks and sandals?
I've only sported that look with the one sandal i believe one can get away with it, Birkinstocks...otherwise, i have to scrub my feet at the end of the day.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet

So I'm going to be ostracized as some highfalutin hand-washer while you all applaud the dude who I literally saw take a dump and then run his hands through his hair?

Oh it's good to be back on ATS

Are you sure he took a dump? Maybe be was doing a number 3!

it was a number 4 and I was in the transgender stall, so it's cool man.

Get off my back!

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

And if I am a little OCD, it certainly doesn't cripple me in the slightest, nor does it bother anyone around me.
You sure? I had a colleague when I worked at a Hyatt Regency front desk - convention hotel - and when large conferences would check in she would become almost incapacitated after handling other people's currency or plastic or pens or checks.....she would Lysol the equipment every morning as though it was contaminated with the Andromeda Strain - and have to go wash her hands after every so many guest checkins.

She would only type with the fingernail of her one pinky - and you could literally watch as her anxiety level got higher and higher .....
her patience and affability got reduced at an inversely proportionate rate....

I loved her, but I did tell her that she had OCD. It was a distraction for everyone....and it did cripple her ability to move things along. Besides the fact that it's exquisitely uncomfortable to feel that flipped out when everyone around you is as calm and matter-of-fact as can be.

If others aren't flipping out or wearing hazmat masks, you needn't worry either.

Washing hands when appropriate is hardly a disorder.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Perhaps google it, I read about them before so it's likely online.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Right. I suppose ATS isn't the place to ask for clarification from a poster concerning their post.

Anyway, I'm off to seek some desperately needed help. It's a wonder a hard-luck case like me got this far without it!

I don't know how I'll ever get out my front door without one of these though

edit on 1-6-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I don't know how I'll ever get out my front door without one of these though...

Level IV bio suit?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Another thing I hate is people who come over, have a cup of cofffe, then think they're helping out by hand washing the cup in the sink and plonking it on top of my clean dishes drying on the rack. I have to re-wash all of them! The cup smells like a wet dog since all they did was give it a quick rinse.

Whu????

Wow. Time to take some deep breaths and think about what things don't freak other people out. If it freaks you out inordinately, you're probably overreacting. I understand how that feels. I used to flip out if a couple of dish-soap bubbles were left on my flatware!

I wouldn't say it "freaks me out" . I mean it's not like I call the police about it.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

The thing is that you are suffering. You are flipping out over something and wasting energy and time fretting over it.
I really, truly do know that feeling. Therapy helped me a lot....

anxiety attacks are awful. OCD is a form of anxiety. It is treatable, and you can get some relief if you want it.
Or don't. If it's okay with you to be freaked out by the environment in which you live and operate, then have at it!

My colleague once told me about how a black-light would highlight all of the human 'contamination' in a hotel room so it was visible. She said she thought all of us should have a black-light for when we entered rooms ----

and I said, "Dearest my friend - you are the last person on Earth who needs a black-light in her hand to seek out microbes!"

Your body, right now, NarcBuddha, is inhabited by billions of microbes. In your body, on your body, all around you, on every surface you touch - microbes. There's a reason we can't "see" them. They aren't problematic in the vast majority of cases.

It'll be okay. If everyone else is suiting up with gas masks, then is the time to become alarmed. Otherwise - if you are not an "immune compromised" person who needs to be in a bubble - you'll be okay.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Well I don't allow anyone to touch anything in my kitchen or go near my fridge unless they wash their hands when they visit, If they are unconcerned about my well being then they can stay away and skype me. I have cats and all my cats live long' really long we are talking into their 20s, I have one now who is comming to the end I will give her a year she is 26, Every meal is served in stasinless steel bowl and washed after each meal and is rinsed with water before food is placed, I know people who are to lazy to clean their cats bowls and just fill them up and eventually clean them when they smell. if it works for cats it works for humans, people moan that they always get wet cups forks plates in my house, that is because I rinse them under the tap before using, Dust is a killer and its what is in the dust you can't see. Anything that goes in your mouth should be checked and people that don't wash their hands before eating are fools, I never eat out and if forced to eat out I only ever get chips from a chip shop (french fries) as they are cooked in boiling fat and everything or anything on them is killed. bacteria will kill us all in the end and is out of control now and antibiotics are pointless as your body has become used to them as they over used them in meat production, If you are a vegetarian you have half a chance but only half as there is antibiotics in the water also and that is recycled in most places. So whats the Answer buy a farm in Scotland or somewhere with a Loch at hand to drink fresh unpoluted water and don't eat meat and grow your own food, eat meat if you raise it yourself, but until then wash your hands and don't trust food made by strangers.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Actually for both NB and violet:

There is an OTC treatment that you can use that has no repercussions or adverse effects whatsoever -
vitamin B6.

Pyridoxine Hydrochloride. It is a use-as-needed immediate relief thing for panic attacks (similar to Tylenol for pain relief timing)......If you feel your anxiety level getting out of your comfort zone, take 200 mg of B6. (If you take more than 250, you might get tingly fingertips - but the stuff is water soluble so you excrete the excess and it doesn't "build up" in your system - but it sure as heck does help!!)

This is "old-skool" maybe for some of you - it was taught to me by a doctor back in the mid-80s.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join