It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I (BoX) believe the Religion of Scientism is looming very hazardously on the near horizon

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

What an absurd assertion.

I doubt that spelling it out will help but I'll try anyway:

1. The listening devices derived from scientific fostered technologies are used 24/7/365 in China to listen to, record, watch, people for unwanted deviations from the Communist Party Line.

2. Y'all are being grossly disingenuous on the one hand to rant about Christians daring to use computers etc. while noting that many folks in various scientific fields have made of science a religion. Yet, when I note that China uses such technologies to subjugate their citizens--that's suddenly "different." HOGWASH. Evidently logic, reason and facts are out the window arbitrarily and with great fickleness. I think I'd be embarrassed to pull such an irrational stunt in the name of 'reasoned scientific perspectives and efforts.' Sheesh.

3. China has at various times trumpeted the supreme loftiness of science over religion as a construct, structure and system, philosophy of life to be adored, worshiped, venerated, incorporated as a way of being in the world, as a way of construing the world and as a way of seeing the world totally and exclusively. Russia did the same thing. Though in NK leader worship is higher, they also hold up science as a jr god to the leaders. These are sociological and psychological facts. Y'all can DENY that the observed walks like, quacks like, swims like, flies like, waddles like, . . . a duck and lays duck eggs until Jesus returns but denying facts doesn't make them go away.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Sure. I COULD describe such to you.

I doubt it's worth the bother. Your blinders are too thick. Your denier is operating at toooo full a head of steam.

Otherwise, you'd be bright enough to see them yourself.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Ok, here's an excellent example of why science is not nor even remotely close to being a religion.

The article here demonstrates new evidence to the origin of the common dog. Initially science theorised the dog came from one ancestor of wolf but now it appears that is not the case and there were two.

This is exactly why science is not a religion. If it were a religion, it would have ignored the latest evidence and observations in order to maintain its initial theory. Instead, it adjusts itself to accommodate the latest evidence.

Religion cannot do this as its entirety is based on the lack of evidence -- it relies purely on faith.

Should a discovery come out that categorically proved Jesus never existed - what then? How would your religion handle it? It couldn't and wouldn't. It would deny the evidence (as it does currently) as heresy or blasphemous and continue as it does.
edit on 3-6-2016 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

I don't know why people bother the OP has said before all possible Aliens are demons....
He is just attempting to grasp at straws hoping one will save his dying religion.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

I already tried explaining to him why this OP makes little sense.

But he will be in here shortly to tell you how you missed the point, just don't get it, and won't be able to have a conversation about it because you don't agree with his premise.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Oh, I know. It's the same in his other thread about the same topic. But I enjoy watching the religious cling to their outdated belief systems in the midst of evidence.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Of the over 4,000 + religions in the world, no.. I don't think someone is going to "masterfully" or "cleverly" create a one-world religion of any kind. I think a one world currency or a one world government is more likely to be a reality than a single world religion. There have been attempts to force others to accept your belief policies in the past, and those didn't end so well. You can perhaps force someone to say something they don't mean.. you can't force them to change their way of thinking or their beliefs.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg
A tool of manipulation -- you left that part out.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Deism and science can coexist.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Or if not exactly co-exist, they can exist without causing dangerous amounts of strife. They can't exactly ever co-exist, because one is based on belief, and the other on scientific fact.

But regardless, the OP has a theory I guess that aliens and government are going to force a scientific regime on folks, pushing science as religion, and ostracizing or "punishing" those who don't conform. I don't even kind of buy it.. sounds like a bunch of hokey science fiction. In fact, one of the books I am writing is based on that premise. And.. yea, science fiction. : )

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: Rapha

That's an interesting hypothesis.

And, those who 'scientifically' believe in a huge infinite number of alternative multiverses would agree with your assertions.

I'm exceedingly skeptical. I don't think that's the reality ahead.

Agreed, these fools have been told umpteen times that their are many alternate realities, they do not seem to realize that MAY have been the case, but is no longer so....and is NOT the Ultimate Goal of those who wish to RECREATE EVERYTHING.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
a reply to: BO XIAN

Something either looms or it does not. It cannot 'loom hazardously', as neither word works in this instance. As for the rest of your post I find it largely hysterical and filled with words in caps. No. Science is not being turned into a religion. It is merely a tool to understand this world - this universe - of ours better.

In a great deal of areas, Science is totally and UTTERLY controlled...whomever writes the textbooks controls the religion.

It is so easy to see, yet you seem entirely unable to even ENTERTAIN that it may be being limited on an extremely vast scale, because you are in the midst of its RELIGION.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
They can't exactly ever co-exist, because one is based on belief, and the other on scientific fact.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

See my posts on page 9.

Read it and weep.

And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men.
edit on 4-6-2016 by Miracula2 because: fire and great wonderous warships running aground

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

Are you from 1899? If not stop doething

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Oh, indeed!

Time will tell, and time is, I believe, growing short.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Science is only possible because Jehovah God created the laws of the universe. And we are able to perceive them.

For man to think that man made them up and invented science is such an arrogant folly it is beyond words.

Science, just like religion, politics, and economics, or the commercial system of things, are only going to lead man into deception and ruin.

Not that the study of the universe is bad. But because those who hold control over it are arrogant, ignorant, and like you said, religious in their false doctrines. Which can be proven to be so.

Soon those that put their faith in the dark star, the false light of scienctism will realize that it was of no saving power.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: iBelieve77
Science is only possible because Jehovah God created the laws of the universe. And we are able to perceive them.

For man to think that man made them up and invented science is such an arrogant folly it is beyond words.

Science, just like religion, politics, and economics, or the commercial system of things, are only going to lead man into deception and ruin.

Not that the study of the universe is bad. But because those who hold control over it are arrogant, ignorant, and like you said, religious in their false doctrines. Which can be proven to be so.

Soon those that put their faith in the dark star, the false light of scienctism will realize that it was of no saving power.

I really don't think that you understand science.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Is this just another "teach the controversy" thing?

Science is just as stupid and full of lies as religion.
Choose religion.

Never understood how, but the strategy seems to work so more power to you I guess.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Thankfully the western world (apart from large portions of the US) is getting over believing the lies and delusions of primitive goat herders, and is better off for it.

Religions' time has been and gone.

edit on 5-6-2016 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I hope scientism is looming on the horizon. It would be miles better than any of those ancient god religions like Xtianity that rely on blind faith and have done heinous acts over the years including torture, murder and genocide to non believers. At least it would be based on knowledge of reality and would update itself as new information becomes available, rather than holding ancient interpretations of blind guesses as absolute truth.

Hell, I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat!
edit on 6 6 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join