It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artificial scarcity through a debt based loan system. Solution: basic income?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
If you give every one 30k 10k doesnt matter that would still become the normal. Take this if every one has 30k to spend on rent do you think every one moves to a better place no. The price of rent will be increased off the normal rate Ie 30k being the low. I dont under stand this crap. Nothing is being taught in school about supply and demand. What we need is deflation. In 1960 my dad said he would save all summer for a new car Not a used new to him car. He was making 3 dollars and hour and paying 3-4500 for a new car = 1000=1500 hours of work. Average pay now is 10 an hour average care is 30k plus thats 3k hours for a new car. Your money have been devalued this is the problem. Not i work at McDonalds and cant afford to support a family of 4. These jobs are not jobs they are temporary source of income. To help you get threw collage, high school they are jobs that keep you under employed.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: speeddr2000

You truly have no understanding of the economy.

But that's ok you still have time to learn!

Just remember there are 100 million people collecting benefits in this country alone.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Damn got schooled i guess. Where are you coming from. Nothing but you dont understand economy. It is simple supply and demand. The more people need an item the more the cost goes up. I under stand the collecting benefits its no where near 30k a person witch is 9 trillion. Also most of the benefits are coming from housing cost that are being subsidized by the government. When you have some one making 30k a year and getting another 30k from working why would you work ? I lived off 30k a year before so why keep working. The incentive to work is to not be poor and buy things. Its just the market that we have.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyrrho

originally posted by: Benicealways
a reply to: Pyrrho

The resources, as they are free. The technology, as they are resources. And finally, the people who want to have more than the basics.

Virtually all the money of a basic income goes back into the community whereas billionaire bankers put it off shore.

The resources are free? They just magically appear out of nowhere?

The technology? Where do you get it from? Who discovers the technology, and who has incentive to over achieve and research new technology to further advance this new society?

How do you reconcile the inefficiency of such a large government, which would no doubt have to use violence to force the entire population to give up their individual liberties to make this system work?

And what do you do when the billionaires take their money and leave? Every industry they have money in disappears, too. They aren't going to participate in such a corrupt system, and neither will large parts of the working population. We take away their freedom and tell them to participate or else?

I don't think you understand the implications. Maybe you can go immigrate to North Korea or elsewhere that you might enjoy.

Stop asking tough questions and let people dream...

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Oh yeah, because we own such a big loan to nature right?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Where does the money come from? There are 300 million people in the US. If you guaranteed $30,000 a year to every man, woman, and child that is $9 Trillion PER YEAR. We only collect about $2.2 trillion in taxes per year!

Guarantee $12,000, reduce it to $6,000 if you make over $25,000 per year, restrict it to adult citizens only. Mandate $3,000 per person annually spent on health care. Pay for it by cutting all other support programs (44% of the current budget), and a small tax increase of about 2 percentage points per person.

Then what do you do when people waste their "basic income" on booze, hookers, blow, and 24 inch rims? Do you then just throw them out on the streets?

What do you do when people do that now? It hasn't really been an issue, why would it suddenly become an issue?

Injecting all the additional money into the system would result in inflation. In the short term, you may see some economic boost, but as price discovery occurs, prices will rise and those people will still be broker than a muddfudda.

The plan I just outlined wouldn't result in any inflation.

originally posted by: stabstab
You could open up space mining and unleash the corporations then just tax them a reasonable amount and voila you have hard assets backing up the basic income.

Space mining is 50 years away at minimum, requires the development of new efficient launch vehicles, a Lagrange point space station, multiple high capacity space elevators, improvements in carbon nanotubes, and several other techs. And that's just to get to the asteroids to say nothing of actually mining them. The corporations are making progress on this, but they're only doing so with government grants. A single dollar of profit isn't going to be seen in this technology for 75 years still.

originally posted by: speeddr2000
Damn got schooled i guess. Where are you coming from. Nothing but you dont understand economy. It is simple supply and demand. The more people need an item the more the cost goes up. I under stand the collecting benefits its no where near 30k a person witch is 9 trillion. Also most of the benefits are coming from housing cost that are being subsidized by the government. When you have some one making 30k a year and getting another 30k from working why would you work ? I lived off 30k a year before so why keep working. The incentive to work is to not be poor and buy things. Its just the market that we have.

Simple supply and demand is economics 101. Economics is based on much more complex principals than that, it is not simple. If the government issued price fixing, spikes in demand would result in spikes of production to meet that demand as it would mean increased sales. Higher prices are a mechanism to allow the rich to always be first in line to a product, and a way to let people make the same income from less work.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Benicealways

Than who?
They also had low low population densities, if densities got to high, war. there was almost no humans

top topics

<< 1   >>

join