It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Secretly Squashed IRS Resistance to ObamaCare’s Illegal Subsidies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
A report is saying the Obama Administration met in secret with some IRS people to "discuss" how to handle possible illegal payoffs to insurance companies through Obama.Care even though the money was not appropriated by Congress.

The issue is connected to the fact that the courts have ruled the billions of dollars in payments unconstitutional.

Now who will be getting the money back for us taxpayers?

And who will get prosecuted for authorizing illegal payments?

White House Secretly Squashed IRS Resistance to ObamaCare’s Illegal Subsidies

The New York Times reports on a secret meeting from 2014, exposed thanks to sworn testimony before the House Ways and Means Committee, at which a vanload of IRS officials were told to stifle their complaints about billions of dollars in flagrantly illegal ObamaCare funding.

The Times makes a fitful attempt to spin this as a “Republicans pounce” story, stressing that we’re only learning about Fisher’s testimony because Ways and Means Democrats “feared Republicans would release selected excerpts” as part of a “witch hunt,” which would in turn be part of a “crusade to dismantle the Affordable Care Act, which has been twice upheld by the Supreme Court.”

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

"Not a smidgen of truth IRS is targeting conservative 501c3's" - Obama on O'Reily Factor.

This latest lie or threat is number 108,430,666...

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Well , another case of wrong-doing in our Indonesian Immigrant president's Administration

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Why do I get arrested when I do illegal stuff?

These guys are actually impacting people.

edit on 6 by Mandroid7 because: cant spell

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Another trash piece from a trash source. How about something credible for a change.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Looselungjones2
Another trash piece from a trash source. How about something credible for a change.

At least we know what you think of the New York Times.
New York Times

WASHINGTON — On Jan. 13, 2014, a team of Internal Revenue Service financial managers piled into government vans and headed to the Old Executive Office Building for what would turn out to be a very unusual meeting. Upon arrival, the I.R.S. officials, some of whom had expressed doubts that the Obama administration had the proper authority to spend billions of dollars on a crucial element of its health care law, were ushered into a conference room. There, they were presented with an Office of Management and Budget memo laying out the administration’s justification for spending $3.9 billion on consumer health insurance subsidies. They were told they could read it but could not take notes or make copies. The O.M.B. officials left the room to allow their visitors a moment to absorb the document, and then returned to answer a few questions and note that Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. had been briefed and signed off on the legal rationale.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

So, you are 100% in favor of the Obama Administration giving billions to insurance companies from taxpayer money that wasn't appropriated by Congress ?

Good for you.

edit on Jun-01-2016 by xuenchen because: hold the phones !!

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

As much as I dislike Obama, I dont believe for a second that the IRS was against stealing more money.

Maybe a PR stunt/spin to portray the Federal Reserves enforcement division in a positive light?

Who knows.

edit on 1-6-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

At least we know what you think of the New York Times.
New York Times

WASHINGTON — On Jan. 13, 2014, a team of Internal Revenue Service financial managers piled into government vans and headed to the Old Executive Office Building for what would turn out to be a very unusual meeting. Upon arrival, the I.R.S. officials, some of whom had expressed doubts that the Obama administration had the proper authority to spend billions of dollars on a crucial element of its health care law, were ushered into a conference room. There, they were presented with an Office of Management and Budget memo laying out the administration’s justification for spending $3.9 billion on consumer health insurance subsidies. They were told they could read it but could not take notes or make copies. The O.M.B. officials left the room to allow their visitors a moment to absorb the document, and then returned to answer a few questions and note that Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. had been briefed and signed off on the legal rationale.

I love when they eat their own, yum!

Would love to know what was on that memo..

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I have always been led to believe the IRS monies collected did not fund our government in any way. In the sense it is a private corporation who does not pay for healthcare, military, or any other federal program and the IRS is just another name for giving the king his taxes. With that in mind is this saying Obama stole from the king to fund that crappy healthcare enema we all got?

new topics

top topics

join