It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Fellow Texans...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

about 10 years ago we had Def Leppard playing int he parking lot at the local Wal Mart.

LOL, didn't think they sucked THAT bad.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

"Pour some Sam's-Choice-sugar on me!"

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Texas is so great that Texans can't stop flooding into Colorado.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy

Texas is so great that Texans can't stop flooding into Colorado.

Touche

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

You have to remember that a nice little chunk of Colorado was Texas before it was Colorado.

We are just reclaiming what we want to take with us.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

You're not reclaiming anything. Texans can't handle the mountains.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Wait, you mean Texans ski?

I thought you guys would have something motorized for us to play with.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Yeah I'm surprised about it too. Chairlifts are a gift to people who can't have their heart rates go over 100bpm. Texans wouldn't do it if there wasn't a machine to safely carry them up the mountain. Too much BBQ.

I like most of the Texans I've met. I recently applied for a position in Dallas. I'm trying to convince myself that it might be fun, but I see myself only dirt biking down a hot desert trail and nothing else. I just don't know what people do there. Not exactly a place filled with adventure from what I can see.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Hmm if I recall correctly, Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Kansas, Colorado, and Wyoming were the original borders Texas won in it's independence from Mexico.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

unofficialnetworks.com...

hahahahaha

Longhorns, Aggies, and Red Raiders

That is so true. Some of us may have a mixed bag of that in a family, or even on the same person.

And it typically breaks down like this:

Texas Tech = West Texan
Aggies = the bumpkins and ranchers
Longhorns = just about anyone, especially the ones who never graduated high school

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

"What? Pat Benatar is playing? I thought she was ... dead or something?!"

Well that makes sense after she did not get to play most of Texas after Cher pulled a "No Show Jones"

Funny thing is many big Buck shows are doing that to Lubbock as of late,

Paul (Billy Shears) McCarthy -- But he Made up for it.
Cher -- No Show a week before the show was suppose to happen
ZZTop -- Opening act played, then One of the band members Stubbed his toe getting on stage and they refunded the tickets.

Meanwhile the South plains fair has been pretty good...

I kinda wish Blue Oyster Cult would come back, I missed their show because of Job search...

Got to see America, Grand Funk and Three Dog Night. Went to the .38 not so special concert and got let down.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CoBaZ

Then they all drew clear lines that separated themselves from Texas. Telling...

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Why do I feel like there's a whole world for me to discover down there? It's just the heat. My God the heat! Even the thought of it makes me have to change my shirt. So much sweat.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Why do I feel like there's a whole world for me to discover down there? It's just the heat. My God the heat! Even the thought of it makes me have to change my shirt. So much sweat.

Because there is.

There has to be something interesting in a place that takes you 16 hours to drive across. A couple of my favorite things in Texas:

- spring time on Highway 71. My God, the flowers. If you are driving on 71 during the spring, slow down. People will usually be slowed down or stopped. It really is awe inspiring
- Fredericksburg. What a great place to rent a cabin ($200 a night for a 2 bedroom cabin) or a bed and breakfast for a weekend. The wife and I enoy renting one outisde of town so we can see the stars. We usually catch a show at The Rockbox
- Comal River. A nice, deep river that provides a leisurely float of about 3 hours. There are 3 tube shoots along the way to give you a reason to stay awake. Schlitterbahn is fed by the Comal...and the best waterpark in the universe.
- Marfa/Big Bend. God blessed this piece of land as being special. Because it is.

Yes its hot. Thats why we have beer.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

It's why we have lots of pools and lots of air conditioning.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv
You also have the Alamo, Davy Crockett lives on.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

So no fresh lakes or cool mountain air? Well I hope Texans are generous because it's going to take a nice offer from the job to get me out of my current living situation. Seriously though, I'd do it for a couple years. I love BBQ, but I can only apply so many years of pressure onto my arteries and intestinal track. I can't say for sure what the current state of either of those situations are right now. Could be a death trap for me.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Oh, there's plenty of lakes and rivers - mountains, not so much.

It's hot all over Texas, but the further east you go, the more humid it is. The further west you go, the drier. The winters are terrific if you don't like the harsh cold (like me).

I love central Texas, specifically the hill country (it's where I live) - it's beautiful. I also love parts of West Texas, like the Big Bend area - totally different than the hill country, but still beautiful.

I'm mostly vegetarian, so I don't eat BBQ, but there's still lots of great Tex Mex food I can eat!

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Texas is a lake at the moment, but for the most part there are normally many lakes and rivers to choose from.

Central Texas is where all the fun is IMO. The grocery stores sell ammo just down from the beer aisle. The best BBQ joints are there. Some town within a hundred miles is usually hosting a festival of some sort. The further south you go, the more amazing the towns are. I like to drive through historical districts to see the old houses and downtown architecture.

Never have to go far to find live music.
Nothing says good times like bonfires, beer, guns and tannerite.

I can't give many pointers on DFW area. Been there once and it wasn't for me.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join