It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Fellow Texans...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Seminole has grown ten fold in the last ten years. It's becoming quite the German community.

Lots of slippery money floating around that place.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Good thing I never tried one. I was wondering why they were so big and looked funny!

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Emu

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

You are missing out. Emu is practically two legged beef. Makes great jerky.

They are also hilarious.
edit on 1-6-2016 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I like jerky, it is a meaty flavor? Sounds good

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

West Texas has been getting hit pretty hard this past week in general. There were 4 tornado's between stanton and big spring about 3 days ago.

Im willingn to bet jb thomas reservoir is a muddy mess right about now.

I watched that crazy storm on raindar and from the peanut factory. All the other storms progressed in a north easterly fashion, but that one just stuck to the edge of Midland and boiled and spawned mini-monsters.

The light show was out of this world. The bolts would come out of the topmost section of the thunderhead and strike outward and downward. It was one of the most energetic storms I've seen recently.

I was just telling Phage that these storms were lacking in energetic luster, then a week later one shows up.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Peanut factory,,, would that be the Birdsong plant just out side of brownfield?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CoBaZ
Naw, I'm with the competition. Our facility might fill their parking lot.

I dare not utter the name here because everything I say can and will be used against me.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

im sure the oil cash is helping.

There are quite a few menonites in that area, too. Right?

the downside of emu: they are 2 legged, and that scares off the deer. otherwise, they are entertaining to have around. we bought a deer lease out by garden city that had a couple of emu in the deal. gave them to someone who did the emu oil thing just to get them off the land.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
You are correct, many menonites.

And the other thing, that makes me think slippery money, is the oil cash is drying up. So, you would think that construction would start going down. This isn't the case with Seminole though. There's a new building every month. New Taco Bell, new Bush' Chicken, an uncountable number of pivot system dealers. I'm happy for the growth, but I just find it a little odd that Seminole has been stagnate for decades, and suddenly growing crazy fast. I am sure that immigration is bringing a considerable portion of that money in.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

The oil cash isn't drying up. at least, none of the oil guys think it is. they are buying up mineral rights left and right here, and have put a few new rigs out into the field. we still see quite a bit of support traffic (midstream injection services, natural gas is still struggling to catch up with the last boom, pipeline buildouts, etc).

you know its back on when it hits midland, and all those rigs start pulling out there. what everyone keeps saying is: after the election oil will normalize again and start a slow creep back up to 80bbl by EOY 2017

ETA: i guess folks are sitting at home and not working. but that is short term. the business planners are looking 5 years out, and there is quite a bit of $$$ projected during that time.
edit on 6/1/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Yea, you're right about that. I'm not even 40 and have already seen three oil boom/busts. I have a number of family in the business.

I've seen the highs and lows, that's why I stick with agriculture. The sine wave isn't nearly as bumpy.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I hate to admit being north of the red river but you lucky people down there have the best fishing on your side of texhoma

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neysa

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Ah Texas...

Alaska's little sister

Yeah, they set that up at the state fair every year...you can buy t-shirts and stuff from them. I don't go to the fair anymore since its the exact same year after year...and full of teenagers with nothing to do.

Also, I'm not in the market for a hot tub, 4-wheeler, new shower, a cow, or a gigantic cabbage. LOL

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

state fairs are all the same, as far as im concerned. I've been to a couple in my life.

but county fairs? especially in sparsely populated areas? always something(s) interesting to look at.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Once had a business idea, mind it was an idea only....

By a nice size plot of land near Midland Odessa area, Just outside of the city limits.

Get enough tiny Houses to fill the area making a micro neighborhood.

Rent for 1/4 the price in town...

But then I realized I just am not that driven.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Also, you are missing the perfect time to be here 64• at 8:30 in the evening on June 1st... WTF Over?

Awww Man... it got up to 90 here yesterday, and 'cooled off' to 80 at sundown. Sheesh, coveting your temps right now...

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: CoBaZ

"Mancamps" make good money during the booms.

you should check out a hotel in Marfa called El Cosmico. they are a hotel where the rooms are tents, old pop up campers, etc. its kinda cool, in a bohemian sort of way. Totally fits in Marfa. you can see lots of images online.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I was thinking about that place when Cobaz made that comment.

Always wanted to stay there, but my bike needs some work first.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Oh, and the washed up musical acts. Groups and artists I thought were long dead somehow come out of retirement for our state fair.

That's a REAL Mandela Effect...

"What? Pat Benatar is playing? I thought she was ... dead or something?!"

Seriously, she is apparently playing our fair this year...as well as someone calling himself, "G-Eazy".
edit on 2-6-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join