posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:25 PM
a reply to: Bobaganoosh
Texas is the greatest piece of Earth this planet has. Yes, i have travelled from east to west, north to south. I live in West Texas, and work with a
group out of Austin. The only part I rarely get to is the Houston area and Texarkana area.
When i was a boy i could name the mascot and school colors for every high school in the state. Even the 6 man teams up in the Panhandle. So many new
schools, i gave up long ago trying to keep up.
The things I love about my homestate:
- NO INCOME TAX. Those dollars are offset by various commerce based taxes....the way it should be.
- the chicks. Seriously. im an old fart now...but my lord.
- the food. Nowhere else on earth can you get this blend of german and mexican cuisine.
- the land. if i want to ski, we got that. if i want to fish, we got that. If i want to be the only human within 30 miles....no problem. got
that, too. There is nothing that I would want to do that I cannot do within our borders.
- the people. yes, we got some real ignorant assholes living down here. We typically just elect them to public office so we can keep an eye on them
easier. the rest of us normal folks aren't so bad
my only beef with texas: I freaking hate the Dallas Cowboys. The only one of them I like is Romo. And I only like him because Cowboys fans hate him
so much....he must be a great guy.