It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Networks Cover Gorilla Death 54 Times More Than Chicago Shootings

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FaunaOrFlora

It's not the gorillas fault either, but your problem is that on a value scale where there's a gorilla on one end and a human baby on the other you're choosing gorilla because you are condemning all humans to the level of "another stupid human"

The zoo had to make a judgment call about the value of a human life over a gorillas and personal I think they made the obvious right choice.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Why do people care so much what the news covers? They cover things that appeal to the masses so their ratings will get higher and higher, its a contest, get higher than the competition, higher than last month, last year.

It IS news, don't get me wrong, just don't put all your eggs in the news basket.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

Why is a human life worth more than a Gorilla's?

That is what is sick. People feel they are above all other life on this planet......

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: FaunaOrFlora
a reply to: SaturnFX

I didn't mean this instance per se (but still fits) as the mom should have been watching her children.

I was actually thinking of the boy killed at the Pittsburgh zoo by the wild African dogs a year or two ago.

There are many other instances where parents deserved this award at zoos.

Parents deserve watching their children die?
you are literal cancer.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FaunaOrFlora

How many diseases have gorillas cured, poems written, songs performed, societies built?

I get what you're saying and all life is valuable, but there's a clear distinction between the value of consciousness of a human and that of a gorilla.

If the situation was different and it was YOU at that zoo with the gun in your hands and the choice of killing the gorilla or letting the child die would you honestly say you would sit back and watch it happen?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
If the situation was different and it was YOU at that zoo with the gun in your hands and the choice of killing the gorilla or letting the child die would you honestly say you would sit back and watch it happen?

It was hard choice. And I totally understand the choice they made.

Mostly just playing devil's advocate here. But if there was no other choice then they probably made the correct one.

Just wish it didn't happen in the first place.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
At 7,000,000,000, humans are not rare.

Gorillas, tigers, etc., etc., etc. - R A R E .

The human species, the most destructive thing to happen to this planet, needs to reexamine its F'd up priorities.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I just wish we as a society take a good hard look at this for what it is. There is no need to keep highly intelligent animals like gorillas and elephants in cages. Sea world just made the decision to get rid of it's killer whale program after multiple deaths over the years.

I will put some of the blame on the parent here. Because you can't blame the zoo who had fences, motes, and most likely posted rules. Certainly can't blame the gorilla for being a gorilla. I know kids can be quick and elusive. But if your child is in proximity to any large dangerous animals caged or un-caged and you are complacent then I don't know what to say. To me that's just bad parenting. It's a bit like leaving a loaded gun within reach of your child and just assuming the safety is 100% child proof.
Zoos will continue to keep highly intelligent animals in cages.
So long as parents continue to bring their children to zoo's.
Maybe our morals will eventually catch up with us on this issue.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   
There are only a few hundred lowland gorillas left in the wild. That many people get shot in Chicago every year. Gorillas don't poach each other or us. We poach them and we poach each other. Why is black on black killing under reported? Because it looks like the blacks are being picked out, picked on, and pilloried. Then it seems like racism reporting. It happens so often its just periodic filler news rather than main stories that are exceptional for their rareness. Its really blacks shooting themselves in the foot as much as shooting each other in general, as they become stereotypes for this kind of behavior which leads to more bigotry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join