It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm voting out are eu !

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   
We need to control our borders !
I don't want to be the United States of Europe !
If any country had our island as there country ,they would be out !
It only serves the rich been in Europe !
And I know the country leaving will cause a bit of global termoil but it's time to be selfish !
See Eu laters

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I guess your title means out of the EU? "out are eu"...

originally posted by: Denoli
And I know the country leaving will cause a bit of global termoil but it's time to be selfish !
See Eu laters

I want a red pen when reading this, "their country", "turmoil" and what you're trying to say with "rich been", is just a mystery.
Go ahead leave, nobody's holding you back.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

Can't say I disagree with anything you posted fella.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   

By control borders, do you mean prevent people from seeking legitimate political and humanitarian asylum as a direct result of wars we helped start by funding terrorism, in order to justify illegal wars and obtain resources we had not the right to?

Because that is what the overwhelming majority of immigrants are after doing. The statistically irrelevant number who would do us harm might pose a threat, but only someone who does not understand what it means to be British would fear death strongly enough to prevent them from doing the right thing when it comes to the victims of our excess.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

By control borders, do you mean prevent people from seeking legitimate political and humanitarian asylum as a direct result of wars we helped start by funding terrorism, in order to justify illegal wars and obtain resources we had not the right to?

Because that is what the overwhelming majority of immigrants are after doing. The statistically irrelevant number who would do us harm might pose a threat, but only someone who does not understand what it means to be British would fear death strongly enough to prevent them from doing the right thing when it comes to the victims of our excess.

I'd guess he means brining to an end the hundred k plus number of eu migrants that arrive each year that we cannot currently refuse entry to.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I'm not voting, my life won't be effected either way. My family and friends lives are more likely to be effected, so if I do vote it will be remain to make their lives easier

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

After reading your thread the other day, you should just do whatever you feel like, fella. You are one person who definitely doesn't need to be worrying about owt else.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   

It's a convenient thing to forget in these times of immigration et al, but...

Of the net 373,000 immigrants in year ending December 2015 only 184,000 were from the EU. I am more concerned about the 188,000 from outside of the EU.

To be more specific, and stray into sensitive areas, there are half a million people in the UK who were born in Pakistan - like that country has any cultural similarities with the UK! Quarter of a million Bangladeshi's (why)? These are ghettoised groups in the UK who are separated and apart and (for the most part) uninterested in changing to adapt to UK culture.

At least the Poles integrate and the Germans can be fun down the pub!

To the OP. I am genuinely undecided, but thought a rant on immigration would be helpful lest people think that all immigrants were from the EU!

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Came across this post on Facebook. For those who are still on the fence, give this a read.

If the Referendum was a vote to join the EU and you were told that foreign labour would be given priority over local skilled men, over 50% of your laws would be made by the EU, that you would have to give up your exclusion zone around your coast to allow fellow EU countries to fish in your waters, that there would be a common agriculture policy that would cripple your farming industry, that if any of your heavy industries were in trouble the government would not be allowed to help, that they plan to make a European army, that you would have to have an open border to over 500 million Europeans and it would cost you a gross payment of 59 million pound a day.

How would you vote?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

It's a convenient thing to forget in these times of immigration et al, but...

Of the net 373,000 immigrants in year ending December 2015 only 184,000 were from the EU. I am more concerned about the 188,000 from outside of the EU.

To be more specific, and stray into sensitive areas, there are half a million people in the UK who were born in Pakistan - like that country has any cultural similarities with the UK! Quarter of a million Bangladeshi's (why)? These are ghettoised groups in the UK who are separated and apart and (for the most part) uninterested in changing to adapt to UK culture.

At least the Poles integrate and the Germans can be fun down the pub!

To the OP. I am genuinely undecided, but thought a rant on immigration would be helpful lest people think that all immigrants were from the EU!

You seem to have forgotten that those ONS figures are a load of tosh that have been called into question by GP registrations and National Insurance applications.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I mean stop all the people coming here to strip our country , my grandad , nanna , great grandad and so on built our country , and as its in europes ,Americas , and in the rich people's interest we stay in ! Why !

BECAUSE THEY AINT AT GROUND ZERO !

The don't use the rammed hospitals !
Doctors !
Schools!
Slashes to disability benefits !
Cheap labour !
Who wins ?

No one at ground zero ! Only the above !

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

I'd guess he means brining to an end the hundred k plus number of eu migrants that arrive each year that we cannot currently refuse entry to.

Yes, that'll be them. The ones pulling potatoes out of fields, the ones gutting and processing fish, the ones cleaning puke off hospital floors. The ones paying their taxes to keep our own unemployable layabouts in booze, fags and drugs.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: lacrimoniousfinale

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Yes, that'll be them. The ones pulling potatoes out of fields, the ones gutting and processing fish, the ones cleaning puke off hospital floors. The ones paying their taxes to keep our own unemployable layabouts in booze, fags and drugs.

None of whom are part of the reason wages are depressed, get ill, receive benefits or require school places for their kids, housing etc.

That post of yours is every bit as blinkered as the type that paints all immigration as bad.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   

We already do. every single time I leave the UK and return I have to have a passport. If you mean control EU citizens coming here to work then one question : Who do you think is employing them in preference to native workers? That has nothing to do with the EU but everything to do with either "lack of skills", "lack of labour" or cost cutting to make the UK employers richer than he/she already is.

FYI I have just come back from Pitlochry where the windows in shops , restaurants etc are displaying adverts for staff. If the local population could satisfy that demand there would be no signs Simple.

So what. Don't give me the cultural distinctiveness line. I've went to Italy last year and they are clearly Italian. Despite the huge number of non EU desperate people landing on their shores.

Like Ireland and Cyprus.....basic homework, know who the hell is in Europe.

The rich have the means to employ advisers to make sure they keep as much of their money as they can. This occurs In and out of the EU. That said it was the EU that wanted to do something about tax havens it was the UK that vetoed it.

Global turmoil with ISIS rattling it's sabres and Putin getting involved in disputes...are you mad. Libya melting, The US potentially having Trump as president. North Korea testing nukes. All of these are not related to the EU but they do add instability to the world. Making things worse is plain mad.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

. We can’t take them all in.

I wish we could but we can’t.

In the south east our public services s are beyond breaking point. It takes four weeks to get a GP appointment! FOUR WEEKS!

Yes we can build more schools, hospitals and homes. And we should.
But large infrastructure projects like that take time. At best we won’t see the results of that for 5 years, possibly 10.

For the time being the UK is full. We literally can’t take anymore until we build more schools, hospitals and homes.
We need to put a hold on nonskilled immigration until our infrastructure can catch up.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
No your right, I can just sit back as a neutral observer

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Everybody is entitled to there opinion , that's just mine .

Take it or leave it .

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I hear you, the place is rammed with people. However, with regard to schools being over full, housing being at a premium, and other attendant issues arising from having many people and few resources, I have the following to say.

Our nation, indeed, our people, must take responsibility for the criminal behaviour of the people we elected. We must elect better people in future, deconstruct the methods by which private interests siphon money out of tax payer pockets, and hide them away out of sight, remove the contracts that keep our government paying over the odds for goods and services, and keep our civil service high ups in kick backs and under the table payments. Doing this would save us so much money every year, that we could easily afford to start the infrastructural changes necessary to alleviate the problems we are having with space and resources.

Furthermore, if we are going to leave the EU, we need to be realistic. Leaving the EU will do NOTHING to lessen the number of non-EU migrants, who are by far the most in need of our assistance, and the most deserving of it, given what they have suffered in our name. Our nation paid and supplied revolutionaries, and those individuals took that money and material and bought about hell on earth. If we must suffer hardships so that we can atone for our stupidity in electing this succession of schemers, then that is what must be done. Our honour, and probably the future of our species relies upon people being prepared to do the hard things, make the tough calls, and take on the burdens which have been unfairly placed on others shoulders.

Failure to do this now, will lead only to greater sorrow and hardship later, festering wounds, never healed by compassion, never even attended to out of obligation, WILL infect this species and slay it, unless we start taking measures now. This nation should be a bastion of freedom, mercy, and liberty, and we, the British people should be prepared to do what must be done, to ensure that is how the future remembers us. At present, we will only be remembered as either accomplices, or fools, duped by a thin sham. We must build a better future than that for our own, and for those who have been wronged by our governments appendages, and their outrageous activities.

If you are telling me, that we will leave the EU, but continue to take in refugees from the conflicts that our governments tendrils have helped create, then I am all for it. But if the aim is to stem the flow of new arrivals, then I say a pox upon it. We may as well burn our house down, if we are not going to be generous enough to take in those we have hurt when they need us most, even if it cripples us. Being prepared to ignore the debt we owe to those we have betrayed is not human of us, nor understandable. It is unacceptable, and intolerable. We are British, and we should expect better of ourselves.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You might want to change your name to TrueEU

If you think that TPTB planned all the stuff leading up to the 'migrants' don't you think that they would have a plan for the people? Then the 'migrants' are part of their plan.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: thinline

The plan is to take control fully, by totally dividing the nation against itself.

The only solution is to refuse to be divided. I refuse to hate and distrust my fellow human beings, based on their immigration status, religious beliefs, economic status, colour, sexuality and gender. I refuse to be lead, to be herded. I refuse any control of the government or financial entities, over my will, and the will of the people of this United Kingdom. I want to see our nation deal with the problems its leaders have caused, by unifying the people against them, by unseating them, subverting their every machination, purely by refusing to be distracted from the raw, boiled down truth.

We have responsibilities to meet, to ourselves, to our children, and to the world we are meddling with. We MUST meet those obligations, and move forward with positive changes to the way we do business. Whether in, or out of Europe, that will NOT change. Perhaps we will find it easier to do what must be done, when not part of a federal super state. I have no desire to be in federal society personally speaking.

But we must be realistic about what leaving the EU does, and does not mean. Leaving the EU does not mean we get to fail to take in those we have harmed, even if it threatens our lives. Honour demands better of us than that, and would do no matter what structure we were a part of.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join