It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Law Firm Behind Trump University Lawsuit Gave Big Money to the Clintons

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: mkultra11

Either way, they are looking to make easy money off a well known billionaire one way or another.

Sorry bub, but maybe you don't understand the legal system. In this case all they will be able to get is a refund of their money.

It was their money to begin with and Trump was the one trying to make easy money by selling fraudulent courses.
"Oh wow so you haven't been reading the complaints have you?

People got bilked for 35 to 60k for supposed lifetime VIP memberships.

Be honest with everyone including yourself. If Trumps name wasn't on this you wouldn't be defending it. You true believers are cult like to where you defend everything he is involved in. "

Can all the poor kids who got degrees in Liberal Arts sue all the regular universities now? You know who really wins in a lawsuit? The lawyers and courts. Can we shut down University of Phoenix that is a known scam? It's not that Trumps good, it's that he's getting singled out for doing exactly what every other business is getting in trouble. Trump is supposed to uncompetitively get things made in America when the government has made that a bad idea? I think it takes a crook to catch a crook and maybe this crook Trump can catch many many crooks for us in 4 short years.
edit on 2-6-2016 by LordDraconia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
The more I read about TrumpU the worse it is.

They preyed on the elderly high pressuring them to max out their credit cards and cash out their 401ks to pay for lifetime memberships to nothing.

That's worse than a used car salesman.

Well you don't like capitalism and you don't like Hillary. Should we just Bern it all down?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LordDraconia

Apples to oranges, first of all they got them from legit universities, and second they weren't promised the world with said degree.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
oops, lol

WASHINGTON -- Texas Gov. Greg Abbott received a $35,000 donation to his successful gubernatorial campaign from Donald Trump. This after a Texas probe into Trump University was dropped in 2010, according to the Associated Press. The AP reported that Abbott, a Republican, was serving as Texas Attorney General at the time, and opened a civil investigation of "possibly deceptive trade practices" into Trump University, but quietly dropped it when the organization agreed to end its operations in Texas. Trump subsequently donated $35,000 to Abbott's successful gubernatorial campaign, according to records obtained by the AP. The AP reported that a spokesman for Abbott declined to comment. Weigh In On Facebook: Is it inappropriate for an attorney general to take a campaign donation from someone their office was once investigating? Trump University guides unsealed this week by a federal judge in southern California undercut Trump's portrayal of his one-time real estate seminar course as an uncontroversial operation. Instead, the manuals reflect boiler-room sales tactics -- the proceeds of which went largely to Trump. The manual for the staff at Trump University events was precise: The room temperature should be 68 degrees. Seats should be arranged in a theater-style curve. And government prosecutors had no right to see any documents without a warrant. Instructing employees how to stall law enforcement investigations might seem like an unusual part of running a real estate seminar company. But at Trump University -- which drew investigations by Democratic and Republican attorneys general alike -- it was par for the course.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Apples to oranges, first of all they got them from legit universities, and second they weren't promised the world with said degree.

Is University of Phoenix a legit University? They have been scamming people for years and noone seems to care. The same people that are suing said they liked the classes? Why did they change their mind? Why does Trump University have an obligation to make it's students millionaires but regular Universities don't have any responsibility to their graduates? I don't get it the apples or the oranges sorry. I think if this was the Clinton Foundation it wouldn't be a news story. "The U.S. government’s predatory-lending program
America earns $3 billion a year charging strapped college parents above-market interest. “It’s like ‘The Sopranos,’ except it’s the government.”

www.politico.com...

I think Politico is left leaning but even they are disgusted. How much did Trump allegedly scam these people for again? Was it more or less then $3 billion? Or did he scam their apples while the government only scams their oranges?

Edit: This is what a Hillary victory would look like. Obama decided to "fix" the student loan system and federalized it and made it worse. He wanted to "fix" healthcare and drug costs have soared. What exactly is Hillary going to "fix" in her third term for Obama?
edit on 2-6-2016 by LordDraconia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordDraconia

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Nice video. I think the real Trump is a lot smarter then the strawman they've painted him to be this last year.

Wow...His first statement about the BBB rating was complete BS...with Complete fake docs...so Much so that the BBB had to call him on his BS in an official statement.

Link
edit on 2-6-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Technically yes they are, I agree they are a scam but they call at least call themselves a uni, they are accredited.
And lots of people care, they just can't be sued as easy as Trump because it can't be as easily shown that the people were lied to.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I don't honestly care who is trying to smear someone else's name. Bottom line to me is years back, they were suing Trump for Trump University which wasn't a university at all, had cruddy instructions, and was focused on pressuring those attending to sign up for more seminars, whether they could afford them or not.

This is hardly the first nor last time this sort of thing happens - just look at many of the "leadership" courses like Rapport, that cajole and pressure folks out of their money, and convince them to sign up for more unnecessary courses. The difference.. is this guy is trying to run for POTUS. He couldn't have cared less about the students attending his "university," he was just in it for the profit. And so it shall be when running the country. You really think he cares about the American people? Your average everyday Joe? Please.. get real.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

edit on 3-6-2016 by Grimpachi because: not worth it

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Looselungjones2

Dukeofjive?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Nice video. I think the real Trump is a lot smarter then the strawman they've painted him to be this last year.

Wow...His first statement about the BBB rating was complete BS...with Complete fake docs...so Much so that the BBB had to call him on his BS in an official statement.

Link

Yep I read it, "The document posted on social media on Thursday night was not a current BBB Business Review of Trump University. It appeared to be part of a Business Review from 2014."

Then, "To be accredited, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB Accreditation Standards which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints."

Do you have a business do you understand the BBB? You pay for membership and they give you an A. You don't pay and oh look at all these complaints I found.

Oh look reviews on the BBB, but I guess since these aren't anti-Trump I'm probably shifting goal posts or turning apples into oranges or some other logical excuse why none of this matters:

Why the BBB deserves a FFF
yourbiz.nbcnews.com...
Better Business Bureau - A useless institution ?
referencedesigner.com...
[Rant] The Better Business Bureau BBB sucks
www.dslreports.com...
Quote from this one, "Yep they are bought and payed for by businesses. You can be a crap business with multiple complaints and still get an A just pay the money." And if you watched Trumps video you can see he's not the type of guy to pay money to make nice. That's why THEY hate him.
BBB Better Business Bureau IS A COMPLETE SCAM. BBB IS COMPLETELY UNFAIR TO COMPANIES WHO ARE NOT A BBB MEMBER Irvine California
www.ripoffreport.com... -A-354515
Warning!!!!! Do Not File A Case With the Better Business Bureaus.
www.myaudittsucks.com...

But the MSM has fed you all your life that you need to be BBB accredited to be a real business right? So funny a scammer company being the arbiter of what is real and what is a scam. That is where our Country is right now.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
I don't honestly care who is trying to smear someone else's name. Bottom line to me is years back, they were suing Trump for Trump University which wasn't a university at all, had cruddy instructions, and was focused on pressuring those attending to sign up for more seminars, whether they could afford them or not.

This is hardly the first nor last time this sort of thing happens - just look at many of the "leadership" courses like Rapport, that cajole and pressure folks out of their money, and convince them to sign up for more unnecessary courses. The difference.. is this guy is trying to run for POTUS. He couldn't have cared less about the students attending his "university," he was just in it for the profit. And so it shall be when running the country. You really think he cares about the American people? Your average everyday Joe? Please.. get real.

But we'll be his business and stockholders and investors. It will be the world he's going to fleece in our honor is the hope. Do you really want China running circles around us in trade deals and more HRC Crony Capitalism? I am willing to set P.T. Barnum loose on the world at this point.
edit on 3-6-2016 by LordDraconia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Technically yes they are, I agree they are a scam but they call at least call themselves a uni, they are accredited.
And lots of people care, they just can't be sued as easy as Trump because it can't be as easily shown that the people were lied to.

Well let's not single Trump out and shut them all down. When education becomes all about profit our Country is in a bad spot. We spend so much more on education then other countries to have bad outcomes. How come our private Universities are the envy of the world but our public school system is like a broken sewage plant?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
This is worth cross-posting to this thread:

a reply to: TownCryer

So, Democrat Eric Schneiderman's opinion has nothing to do with politics?

Schneiderman endorsed Clinton

Attorney General Eric Schneiderman was quick out of the gate to endorse Clinton, but has been a no-show when it comes to the campaign trail.
But veteran Democratic consultant Hank Sheinkopf said it makes sense for Scheiderman to lay low since it will make it more difficult for GOP presidential frontrunner to claim the ongoing fraud lawsuit the attorney general brought against the now defunct “Trump University” is politically motivated.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Link

Yep I read it, "The document posted on social media on Thursday night was not a current BBB Business Review of Trump University. It appeared to be part of a Business Review from 2014."

Then, "To be accredited, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB Accreditation Standards which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints."

Do you have a business do you understand the BBB?

I understand enough about the BBB to conclude (as they have) that Donald Trump forged a document to show an accreditation that he never got and a review grade he never got....and so says the BBB and he has quietly not responded to the BBB's very public explanation that the document he showed was not from the BBB...cuz his followers don't care...they will eat whatever he feeds them.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Trump did not forge anything. Did you notice the part where it said the rating has ranged from A+ to D- ?

Apparently when Trump printed or was sent that page, the rating at the time was A.
Anyone can file complaints with the BBB. It would not be hard to kill a business by filing complaint after complaint to drive down a rating. Like maybe during a heated political contest?

And:

www.bbb.org... ter-business-bureaus/

As a result, over time, Trump University’s BBB rating went to an A in July 2014 and then to an A+ in January 2015.

edit on 6/3/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So did HE, lol, whats your point?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Trump is a business man and his next conquest is to be president of the united states. He has no idea nor holds no real views on any political issue unless it makes him the president.

He doesn't even know if he's a republican or a democrat. He chose to run republican bc that is the more uneducated, easier to manipulate group of people, and its working, hes winning off of people's lack of intelligence. He knows exactly what he is doing and its working for him so far.

edit on 3-6-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

You are missing what they are saying..

Trump University changed its name to Trump Entrepreneurial Initiative in 2010 and ceased operations all-together in May 2011 after multiple lawsuits.

The BBB explains that complaints expire and are removed from the record after 3 years and the default is A+ without complaints...

So yes a business that ceases operations in May 2011 could reasonably be expected to have an A+ by 2014 as old complaints are purged..

But what the hell am I telling you for?

You read the same thing but chose to chop the first half to make a dishonest assertation:

During the period when Trump University appeared to be active in the marketplace, BBB received multiple customer complaints about this business. These complaints affected the Trump University BBB rating, which was as low as D- in 2010.

[May 2011...in response to multiple lawsuits it folds up operations]

Complaints over three years old automatically rolled off of the Business Review, according to BBB policy.

As a result, over time, Trump University’s BBB rating went to an A in July 2014 and then to an A+ in January 2015.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Fine, but that doesn't excuse what Trump did in anyway. At the very least those other for profit schools are accredited and still considered a 'university', pretty sure that wasn't the case with Trump.

We spend so much more on education then other countries to have bad outcomes. How come our private Universities are the envy of the world but our public school system is like a broken sewage plant?

Really depends who you ask and what you are looking at, plenty of great people come out of our school system, and we really don't spend all the much compared to other places. And you just have to see the funding of the private schools to see what help

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join