It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Law Firm Behind Trump University Lawsuit Gave Big Money to the Clintons

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Hillary went to court too, for racketeering. Should she be held accountable?

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BIGPoJo

Wow, red herring already?

Not aClinton supporter here so I am not sure why you brought that up unless you are diverting attention.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Not aClinton supporter here so I am not sure why you brought that up unless you are diverting attention.

Just measuring your level of care in regards to scrutiny under the law.

The Clintons are mentioned in the OP so its fair game.

Here is my prediction. Trump will win the lawsuit(s) decisively. I am 50/50 split on if he will counter sue, he may be too busy running the free world to persue a case when the time comes however.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Why are you lot arguing with Xuenchen? We all know the tricks that the old fox gets up to in an effort to stir people up.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: BIGPoJo
The case will not go anywhere because he can parade student after student that enjoyed the school plus endless documentation of the students giving the school a good review.

Good point. And, as shown in the video posted earlier, Trump has proof that the SAME people that are suing gave excellent reviews on the course, in writing.

Knowing how class action lawsuits work, I bet that these lawyers went out of their way to seek out anyone and everyone who went to Trump U, trying to talk them into joining the lawsuit with promises of riches. Some people are slimy (or desperate) enough to jump at this. Lawyers are definitely slimy enough to do this. They do it all the time. I'm sure we have all seen the TV ads to "call this number if you have ever had this medical procedure done"... etc.

And I bet the lawyers counted on Trump settling, which then they could attempt to use as admission of guilt, as well as making easy money. They probably did not count on Trump taking it to court.

And if he settles, he would have lawyers all over trumping up cases and seeking out clients to make a quick buck.
edit on 6/1/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Word is the judge was offended by what Trump called him/her. So, it's now fact, Trump pissed off the judge and has made an enemy.

Smart move Trump. I'm sure this jackass will be a great president...

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Complete waste of time? Says who, you and Trump? People were scammed out of tens of thousands of dollars. Trump won't settle out of court? Why, because you believe his lying ass? Trump is a pathological liar and has settled out of court many times in the past when sued.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Oh the deflection!

But... Yes, for the love of God, can she be held accountable for something and taken out of the race?!

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Word is the judge was offended by what Trump called him/her. So, it's now fact, Trump pissed off the judge and has made an enemy.

Smart move Trump. I'm sure this jackass will be a great president...

So the Judge is in fact biased.

I knew it !!!

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
What does it mean? I mean what does it matter that they paid for speeches? How does this effect the trial? Shouldn't this have been vetted before trial began if it represents a conflict of interest which I don't see. If the judge had contributed I'd understand but opposing council when the trial has nothing to do with the clintons? If someone contributes to Clinton they can't sue trump? Why?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

That NEVER happened. WTF dude?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Wow what a fortune. Wealth untold. Hee hee. I just paid that much to have three trees removed from my yard. That's not a hugh contribution and still this trial has nothing to do with the clintons.
There is no conflict of interest unless Clinton somehow benefits from this.
How does she benefit?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

The case will not go anywhere because he can parade student after student that enjoyed the school plus endless documentation of the students giving the school a good review.

Good point. And, as shown in the video posted earlier, Trump has proof that the SAME people that are suing gave excellent reviews on the course, in writing.

Knowing how class action lawsuits work, I bet that these lawyers went out of their way to seek out anyone and everyone who went to Trump U, trying to talk them into joining the lawsuit with promises of riches. Some people are slimy (or desperate) enough to jump at this. Lawyers are definitely slimy enough to do this. They do it all the time. I'm sure we have all seen the TV ads to "call this number if you have ever had this medical procedure done"... etc.

And I bet the lawyers counted on Trump settling, which then they could attempt to use as admission of guilt, as well as making easy money. They probably did not count on Trump taking it to court.

And if he settles, he would have lawyers all over trumping up cases and seeking out clients to make a quick buck.

I hate to burst your bubble, but have you read any of the documents released by the judge? Because they show that Trump University is, well, a scam.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

That NEVER happened. WTF dude?

Sure it did.

from March 2015 ....

Clinton hit with racketeering lawsuit over emails

The conservative group Freedom Watch has filed a racketeering lawsuit against former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton that accuses her of failing to produce documents under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).

The civil suit, filed Wednesday in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, argues that Clinton used her private emails to sell access to other officials in return for donations to the Clinton Foundation.

It alleges that, during her tenure, Clinton withheld documents requested under FOIA regarding State Department waivers given to businesses or individuals doing business with Iran, possibly undermining U.S.-imposed sanctions.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Complete waste of time? Says who, you and Trump? People were scammed out of tens of thousands of dollars. Trump won't settle out of court? Why, because you believe his lying ass? Trump is a pathological liar and has settled out of court many times in the past when sued.

Trump University a scam? Sure is. Not that it's right because it isn't. Just as bad as the Clinton Foundation scam. Point is that the scams are happening on both sides.

LETTER: Clinton Foundation a political scam

The plain facts make it obvious that the Clinton Foundation is functioning and has functioned as an arm of the Hillary for President campaign. Dozens of former Clinton staffers, campaign officials, surrogates and family members have been paid with funds donated to this spurious “charity.” The very same coterie of Clinton acolytes are now employed by the HIL16 campaign.

This is obvious collusion and a gross violation of American campaign finance law. The numbers are quite stark. When Hillary left the State Department in 2013 and began the run-up to her campaign her personnel became employees of the foundation. Personnel expenses, consultant’s fees and travel expenses all increased by double digits. Overall, personnel and travel expenditures increased 33 percent.

www.dailyrecord.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Just measuring your level of care in regards to scrutiny under the law.

The Clintons are mentioned in the OP so its fair game.

Here is my prediction. Trump will win the lawsuit(s) decisively. I am 50/50 split on if he will counter sue, he may be too busy running the free world to persue a case when the time comes however.

He already tried to counter sue one of the women who was scammed out of 60K because she dared to talk about her experience, but it was thrown out of court because that type of suit abridges her first amendment right.

I would say there is about a 90% chance fake University loses it arse off.

As far as Clintons being mentioned in the OP some stray case certainly is off topic.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

If she used the Clinton foundation for political gain it is against the law the same as when Trump used his foundation for political gain with the Veteran charity deal, but I read that it is doubtful they will go after Trump since it wouldn't be until 2018 that it would see a day in court.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Another fun article about Trump University.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well, I think we all covered that and said he was. Some say it's because of Obama but current events tells us he's unsealing the records because of Trumps witless personal attacks against him.

So again, how come we can't place any responsibility on Trump? Why is he so damn special?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

Well, I think we all covered that and said he was. Some say it's because of Obama but current events tells us he's unsealing the records because of Trumps witless personal attacks against him.

So again, how come we can't place any responsibility on Trump? Why is he so damn special?

Because he has incredibly thin skin and explodes whenever facts puncture him?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join