It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Water Makes Us Passive!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I posted a news article that states the commisioners of Palm Beach in Southern Florida have agreed, via a 5-2 vote, to add Fluoride to their water supply thus imposing a proven docility drug on ~450,000 unwitting citizens in addition to the ~2/3's of our nation already exposed.
News article

I find this alarming. When I was a kid, admittedly not too long ago, I of course heard the rumours of how fluoride was being mixed into our resevoirs and the benifits of good teeth etc. But, I've been doing some research and the results are interesting/disturbing.....

First the Definition of Thyroid....A gland that secretes the hormones thyroxine and triiodothyronine, they help control cell metabolism. Cell Metabolism affects how the body translates nutrients into energy and thus have an impact on how efficiently our body grows physically in youth as well as mental activity. It should be noted that a decreased capacity for mental activity in adolescence translates into learned behaviour and as such tends to be an automatic response in future mature years.....

Second, the effect fluoride has....Refer Here
And Here

In summary, Fluoride is interruptive of healthy thyroidic hormone function, evidence that fluoride does indeed promote docility with proper dosage. "Proper dosage" translates into an overdose, which is easily accomplished by fluoride additives in many of our food and beverages:One Example:. Further evidence is fluoride as an ingredient in Prozac, an anti-psychotic, as well as 25% of tranquilizers!source:Here. The "myth" that fluoride causes docility in the human organism is not so much a myth.....combine that with the fact that fluoride is the provocatour of Dental Fluorisis, a dental problem( a google will turn up plenty of info), and fluoride has no real positive attribute and thus should not be in our water supply...but it is still being added!!!

And this is just one example of the suppression of relevant information.....

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Flouride is bad, however the preservatives and chemicals we put in our food has to be far more worse!

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
What are ways to counter the effect of Fluoride?

I heard that Tamarind is a potential way to counter the effect of Fluoride...

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Mwen -
Link and here

These two links show that Tamarind helps halt tyhe progression of fluorisis, which is a degenerative condition on teeth and bones. Fluoride retention interferes with the thyroid glands function which includes the release of a hormone calcitonin. Calcitonin is a response to high calcium levels in the bloodstream, and induces higher retention of calcium in our skeletal system as well as higher excretement of calcium through urine. Lowered levels of calcitonin, which can be caused by fluoride, result in a loss of bone density and tooth decay. Ergo, Tamarind does a bit to halt this process.

However, Tamarinds effect is on fluoride retention. As our state of mind is usually affected immediately with the brains ingestion of any chemical/nutrient/hormone/lack thereof, Tamarind would have little effect on the aspect of fluoride that induces complacency.

[edit on 15-1-2005 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Ok, what say we tried an experiment. Get yourself a reverse osmosis water purifier.
Choose as long a timeframe as you can stand- at least a week; 4-12 would be better. For that time, drink purified water, and avoid fastfood, canned food, or bread products. Just eat meat from the butcher section of your local grocery store and fresh non-packaged vegies.

Take IQ tests before and after and see what the results tell you.

Anecdotal evidence: When I was in the California Cadet Corps (a highschool military cadet program) I attended a survival school for 3 days.
I didn't eat for 2 days, I drank nothing but water.
I've rarely been sharper or felt better in my life. I can't prove its because things in the food and soda I drink were messing me up, but I strongly suspect that- I hadn't slept so much, I hadn't eaten much, I felt absolutely great.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
That would be an interesting study.
It would also be interesting judge your energy level.
In theory a non affected thyroid should make you less tired and more inquisitive.

Fluoride has many nasty effects including the thyroid, if taken at great measure.
Fluoride was also user by the Nazi's for to keep prisoners docile.
see link

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Ok, what say we tried an experiment. Get yourself a reverse osmosis water purifier.

Maybe a test/way of measuring the chemical content of water would aid the experiment as well. I'll give this some more thought; the idea of being pro-active amidst my growing dissatisfaction for current affairs is positive and agreeable to me. Good Idea.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I dont drink tap water not only because the floride and I am suprised people still drink from the tap

I thought along with keeping hydrated drinking water was to help keep the body clean, so how do you do that with unclean water?

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by picaso_2000
That would be an interesting study.
It would also be interesting judge your energy level.
In theory a non affected thyroid should make you less tired and more inquisitive.

Anyone who has ever been on a serious diet and excercise program can tell you what it does for your energy level. The improvements a person feels in the first few days of a diet and excercise program are amazing. When I started trying to get into the Marine Corps (I had to lose 50 pounds before they would take me) I started out running 1 mile a day- after only 2 days I was running 3 miles- probably because I had changed by eating/hydrating habits.

I'll let you all know when I get around to buying a water purifier, then I can try the experiment.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I don't drink tap water....just please tell me they are not putting this stuff in beer.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
So, its the water, huh!?

I wondered why Arizonans walked around in a zombie like state all the time, and i thought it was the heat!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I just looked up the faucet water filter I use, PUR. It doesn't list flouride as something it is eliminating.

To those of you who drink bottled, water:
How do you know your bottled water is any better than what comes out of my tap? Some bottled water is no better than tap water.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Dontread, Walmart has something called "drinking water" - they say if it has this label its right out of the tap.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
I just looked up the faucet water filter I use, PUR. It doesn't list flouride as something it is eliminating.

To those of you who drink bottled, water:
How do you know your bottled water is any better than what comes out of my tap? Some bottled water is no better than tap water.

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but wont reverse osmosis purifiers take out 100% of everything that isn't H2O?

If not, you could always boil and condense your water, although it would be time consuming and bad for your gas bill, and you'd have to regulate the temperature so that you weren't evaporating floride as well.

That brings an interesting question to mind. Do any chemists in here know if floride can actually bond to water in any way? This would be a whole other problem.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
I don't drink tap water....just please tell me they are not putting this stuff in beer.
Love and light,
Wupy

Hate to do this to you mrwupy, but check out this link:Fluoride Alert

Fluoride is in many things including our beverages, as would logically follow if our water supply is used in mass production of consumer goods.

At this point, I want to stress something important. Fluoride itself isn't anything to worry about. Fluoride overdose is the problem, and with the possibility of many our goods exposed, it is vital to understand what it is. That is what we are attempting to do here. Also, I would hope that this would undermine some of our governments credibility; they have lied about this and continue to ignore evidence that contradicts to their contrary.

Vagabond: I'm researching the chemical properties of fluoride to water; alas, I'm not a chemist and this will take me a couple shakes of the lambs tail to wade through and understand the information.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but wont reverse osmosis purifiers take out 100% of everything that isn't H2O?

From the manufacturer:

Question
Do your filters reduce fluoride?

Answer
Our household water filtration products leave the benefical fluoride in your drinking water, which may already be present.

PUR
The site says their ingredients are a trade secret, I'm not totally sure they use reverse osmosis.
In another area they say

The faucet mount, countertop, and undersink cartridges are made of carbon and an active agent to remove lead. The carbon and active agent are bound in a block form.

ingredients

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I had to find out what we are talking aboaut:

Diffusion is the movement of molecules from a region of higher concentration to a region of lower concentration. Osmosis is a special case of diffusion in which the molecules are water and the concentration gradient occurs across a semipermeable membrane. The semipermeable membrane allows the passage of water, but not ions (e.g., Na+, Ca2+, Cl-) or larger molecules (e.g., glucose, urea, bacteria). Diffusion and osmosis are thermodynamically favorable and will continue until equilibrium is reached. Osmosis can be slowed, stopped, or even reversed if sufficient pressure is applied to the membrane from the 'concentrated' side of the membrane.

chemistry.about.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Not a big fan of flouridated water myself. I've read most of the stuff about it already posted on this thread. One thing I've not seen anyone post about it the source of said flouride. As I understand it, the flouride used in drinking water is not the pharmaceutical grade NaF used in toothpaste, but rather flourohydrasilicates, the source of which is rumored to be from the 'scrubbers' of industrial smokestacks. Gross.

Furthermore, flouride apparently only functions to combat toothdecay when applied topically, and not systemically. I don't drink tap water either.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I'd also like to point out some things. Fluoride in toothpaste is something I can understand since we're suppose to brush our teeth for several minutes, if indeed fluoride does fight cavities, but what is the point of putting fluoride in the drinking water when the water only stays in our mouth a few seconds? Also, fluoride is the main atom used to make many anti-psychotic medicines, including Prozac. And there was a recent guardian article, where testing in the waters found traces of Prozac.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Link

The above link states what can/can't filter fluoride from water. From the info I encountered, fluoride exists as a negative ion in water. Water has a slightly negative charge itself to begin with. Two negative charges are not conducive to the making of a chemical/covalent bond. Thus, fluoride can be filtered out of water.

A simple truth, but what fun(read: headache) I had getting to the point of stating it

[edit on 18-1-2005 by MemoryShock]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join