It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media melting down over Trump referring to a reporter as "sleaze".

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

No, Trump did nothing wrong. Months ago the MSM had lists of veterans groups that had already received millions. Donations were still coming in. Fundraisers don't get the pledges on day one. They come in gradually over time, and are still coming in.
And as he said, there were veterans assigned to vet the organizations who would receive the donations. That takes time.
It was a work in progress, and was progressing.

The media knew all of this, but they decided to spin it.

Trump did a good thing with this fundraiser, and the media made a mockery of it for ratings.

edit on 5/31/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Wow watched the whole thing, and the one minute 9 second one in the op is a super cut that takes him out of context...

I wonder how much more the media have been doing that?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoBaZ

Wow watched the whole thing, and the one minute 9 second one in the op is a super cut that takes him out of context...

I wonder how much more the media have been doing that?

Is that a rhetorical question?

The media take clips and quotes out of context -ALL- the time. They go for the ratings, not the truth.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Makes me wonder if we see a clip in the news (not just on Trump) that makes a person look bad if we should find the source and get the real story, maybe we should do that also with good news...

It does make one wonder how much everyone is being lied to.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
CNN is spending an entire hour with a panel discussing Donald Trump bad-mouthing the media. Why the hell is CNN so fixated on this? Donald Trump (rightfully) scolds our shallow-brained news media every chance he gets.

I think CNN is starting to sense that Donald Trump is going to be our next U.S. President, and are becoming uneasy. It carries a lot of weight when the President calls out a network, newspaper, or reporter as "sleazy". They know that President Donald Trump will shame these networks into becoming real news outlets again. They will have go back to investigating and reporting news with integrity, and it's scaring the living poop out of em!
edit on 5/31/2016 by carewemust because: see above

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

But wouldn't it have been better for him to say "I appreciate the question, it gives me the opportunity to clear this up".

To see it as an opportunity -- not an attack. He knows this topic is being discussed everywhere, and questions about it were inevitable and justified. He could have turned it -- in his favor, instead of launching an attack.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Many potential voters are not aware that Mr Trump opted NOT to attend the Iowa Debate and instead do the fundraiser for Veterans groups. At that point in the seemingly never ending stream of "gang up on Trump" debates, Trump was out ahead of the pack in some polls so he was being made the "target." Rather than another crybaby session "he's so MEAN to (fill in the blank)" Trump opted to do something good, positive and noteworthy.

He leaves the media in his dust....

Oh and ABC's LLamas? He "discredited" Jaunita Broaderick (who had accused Bill Clinton of sexual assault back in his Arkansas Governship days). How did determine she wasn't a credible accusor/witness, well if you say a name, add the same verb over and over and poof--she "discredited." No evidence, just repetition of a talking point. Llamas NEVER scoured the Arkansas countryside, talked to witnesses, state employees, other campaign volunteers. NO! He just repeated "discredited."

Hillary, leaving the barn door wide open herself, notably said "a woman's claim of sexual assault should NEVER be taken lightly" so, figuring I that irony, Trump was right. Llamas IS a sleaze.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

CNN talks about Trump 23 hours a day. I don't know what they'd do without him.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Nope. That's the meek way that everyone else deals with false accusations from the media. It does nothing to stop them. That's what I meant above. The media never gets called out for their tactics. Finally someone is telling them straight out that their bs is flat out wrong, and they should not be lying to get ratings.

The situation was not some one on one interview where a journalist asked a question, and gave Trump a chance to respond. It was full on attack by the media, stating things as fact that were not facts.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold

originally posted by: xuenchen
LOL

He really told those guys what side their bread is buttered on didn't he.

Yes he is a bit like Kim Jong Un, when Elected these "Journalists" will probably just disappear.

This is exactly how Obama and the media treats Fox, but that;s completely justified and different right?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

LOL

Yes he is a bit like Kim Jong Un, when Elected these "Journalists" will probably just disappear.

Ummm no,
People getting "suicided" are a Clinton and Obama specialty.
Google Vince Foster or Donald Young, among many,many others.
Trump, on the other hand, does not have a literal trail of dead bodies around him.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Obama

from 2009

Why Declaring War on Fox News Could Be a Mistake for Obama

Over the weekend, White House communications director Anita Dunn announced the official beginning of the Obama administration's war with Fox News. Of course, the battle has been openly brewing for months now.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

What I;m waiting for... likely After the Republication Party Nomination & after Trump announces the Executive Branch 'Team' of POTUS & VP... for Trump to not only Lambast the Media (Intelligenzia=>in their-own-minds)
but to level the charge of the current WH Occupier as conducting Traitorous Acts for 8 years in office along with the insider Muslim-Brotherhood advisors who are in fact recognized as global Terrorists...(Egypt just convicted a group of MB as terrorists)

...but por-old Trump can't lay all his cards on the table just Yet !

just wait... those sychophant reporters will get their due in due-time... the Obama coddling media will get dressed down at the campaign nears election day !!

ITS ABOUT TIME, I SAY

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Journalistic integrity no longer exists.

Because they asked him where the money went?

:-)

Poor Donald

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
Having watched that, and looked at all that is going on, Trump may need to back down on this, cause he will need the fourth estate if he is going to get the public on his side, and a majority of them at that.

Based on this there are several things that can be stated:
He is upset that the media is not treating him like the darling that he believes he is, or celebrating or even heralding him. And it disgusts him to no end, to the point where he is not attacking the very people he needs, as they will either make him look good or very bad.

A lot of this was started when people wanted to know what organizations he donated to, and how much they got. Far too often, some nonprofit organizations were shown to be corrupt and taking peoples money.

What I would like to know, is why did he not provide that information to the media, why keep it a secret? That kind of publicity, showing that he is donating to various veterans organization would give him good publicity and show that he does indeed care for those who were asked to go out and fight and help them out? That kind of publicity would go farther and stick out in peoples minds, and help sway some of the people.

But he did not do that and when it appeared as though he did not do such, then all of the sudden he gets upset and this list appears with numbers? Something does not really seem right, nor does it appear to add up.

We can only sit back and watch, seeing if this continues on, and what happens.

from what I gathered at the Trump Press Release...Trump is letting other Veterans Organizations & their leaders go ahead and Vet the NGOs that would receive monies....
Trump nor his inner group was cited as deciding which Veteran NGO would get what amount of donation from the pledged sums in hand

Trump used grass-roots & informed feedback from the 'real people' to Vet and Allot sums of money to veteran support groups.... Trump did not call in a Blue-Ribbon Panel of political hacks to judge where the money would go-- he let the Righteous People rise-to-the-top to administer the situation at hand...
Fortunately Trump did not need the input or advice from a cadre of Muslim-Brotherhood thugs like Obama permits to help decide USA policies...Nor support by the likes of Holder and Lynch who themselves are just outside-the-law as-the-saying-goes

Trump did a good thing in giving notice to all the Journalist Hubris that the great flushing will take place when he takes office.... & 80% of them correspondents/journalists/reporters will be just so much flotsam to be flushed down the Toilet as far as his administration is concerned... (progressive-liberal-red-diaper-doper-babies)

...don't get me riled up....

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoBaZ
And thus the Gauntlet was Thrown and the Mike Dropped...

And Now in the midst of the point when he will need the most coverage, he will get Ron Pauled by the Media...

It has Began...

No Trump on the first screen of Fox, you have to scroll down to the latest news small print.
He is front and center ABC, the channel he dissed.
MSNBC Almost every story all negitive
CBS news Front and center, Ratcheting up and double down on the "Sleaze" attack thinking they got blood in the water.
CNN Trying to spill blood trump front and center.

Only one to get it is Fox, How long until the rest follow the Example...

I just went to foxnews.com and hit control-f and searched for "Trump"

The name lit up 4 times on my screen, no scrolling down. Search window said there were 11 total hits. Not all were pro-Trump.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: carewemust

CNN talks about Trump 23 hours a day. I don't know what they'd do without him.

Just like they intentionally ignore Bernie Sanders, or anything that even hints at Bernie Sanders being alive. I'm really hoping that CNN is on Trump's "It's payback time!" list, after he's sworn in as President.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
It must be so confusing for Americans to see a candidate that actually speaks their mind. Now I can understand Hillary's appeal.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

LOL

Ah, I see. The new argument is if you're critical of and call out our corrupt media, you'll draw comparisons to North Korea.

Guess it's a good sign that's all the leftists have left at this point. Guess comparisons to Hitler and Nazis didn't get the bang you wanted.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   

LOL

My Gawd !!

What ARE you suggesting ?

Hanging like a slaughtered pic down in Mexico? Nah, probably just Dan Rather'd with a twist.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join