It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOPE! You're a BIGOT!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It's not that I care what people on the internet think - It's that I come to ATS to seek out more intelligent conversations and exchanges. Even if I don't participate in them, I really enjoy when I see people using logic, statistics, coming up with conspiracy theories backed by data/facts.

ATS is becoming a place that contains less examples such as those, and more examples of " You're a bigot! "

That is my complaint.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

The "bigot" and "racist" terms being thrown around are not done so casually. This is actually a widely held and deeply internalized belief.

People on the far left actually BELIEVE that anyone that is a straight white male is a racist. Even if they do not do anything racist, they are racist. If they have black friends, they are racist. If they don't have black friends, they are racist. If you listen to rap music, you are racist. If you don't, you are racist. This goes on forever.

This mantra is being pushed in the media, taught on our university campuses, and even parroted by our politicians.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: deadlyhope

Well, don't forget SJW and Snowflake.

How could we forget you?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Ummmm...yeah! For the most part anyway. If you forget standard name calling (ass, jerk, etc.) and get down to calling someone a name because of their position on a particular topic...yes. But I'm open to hearing your opinion.

Liberals Call Others:
Racist
Bigot
Homophobe
Anti-Black
Anti-Trans
Anti-Gay
Gay Basher
Stupid (typically used about religion)
Anti-Woman/Feminist

Conservatives Call Others:
Atheist (not much of an insult)
Baby Killer

I know this list is no way complete. But it always seems to me that it is those on the left throwing out labels, calling others haters and anti-this and anti-that, insulting someone's religion (stupid believer in invisible Gods), insulting people who think life is more important than choice (I'm pro-life by the way), etc.

But what does the right call others that they aren't. Gay? Atheist? Besides facts and things people call themselves...what insults does the right throw out and label people? I really can't think of many. But I'm open for correction.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Here are some of the things conservatives have called me:

Libtard
Anti-American
Anti-freedom
Anti-liberty
Precious snowflake
Stupid (usually in regards to my suggestions of common sense gun restrictions)
Pro-abortion (I don't know know any pro-choice person who loves abortion)
Apologist (usually when I debunk some inaccurate statement they made about "Obummer" or "Manchelle"/"Moochelle")
Communist/Marxist/Fascist

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

They call you Manchelle?

ha misread;

late, was about to say, thats a strange insult lol
edit on 2-6-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Just pointing out the lovely names conservatives call our President and First Lady.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Yeah this thread certainly is not partisan. Both sides are very guilty of this same thing that divides us more than the issues themselves. We could actually come to solutions on the issues if people wanted that outcome - it doesn't seem they do, though.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Everyone is a bigot.

If you say your not ?

You are.

We are ALL bigots.

Everyone has PEOPLE they don't like.

As per the definition.

: a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)

www.merriam-webster.com...

Many people fail to see this.

And it is especially apparent in the world of politics.

That's why it's ALWAYS the pot calling the kettle.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I have recently been engaged in a debate on you tube about the transgender issue and this term is being discussed in nearly every post. While I do agree with the definition, I think the larger problem is folks that look at "unfair" as anything being against their opinion. I recently read on article about how our society is now largely hostile with what the author terms "moral narcissism". Everyone believes that their lifestyle or their emotions or their ideas are superior to all others simply because it is theirs. The decline in critical thinking and rationale coupled with the teaching that everything you think or feel is important has really lowered the standard of communication between folks.
edit on 3-6-2016 by bmullini because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
SPAM REMOVED BY ADMIN
edit on Jun 17th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join