It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOPE! You're a BIGOT!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Some people feel better putting others in nice little labeled compartments. They cope better with adversity that way. And some people are just jackasses.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ChuckNasty

That's the thing, ufo literally means unidentified. Anyone short of military personnel would probably deem a stealth plane as a ufo. So when people insist that something they can't identify is supernatural ...

I believe in aliens, don't personally believe they've visited us, but anyways!

I don't really agree with the topic deletion situations you mention. I think multiple threads could very well exist at once, so long as the original post at least has a different opinion or presents things differently or better even on the same topic.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

That just about sums it up.

Some peeps just like to set fire to everything, because the don't like looking at themselves

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

BIGOT!

J/K..

The multiple threads of the same topic should be allowed IMO as you stated. The one without substance, would die off as intelligent people migrate towards the thread with moxy.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Thanks! Yeah, I have heard that "rebel" label before. Can't imagine why.....*snicker*

As for Donovan, just love that miniseries, and Marc Singer was a total hottie back then! Plus, seems to fit in a lot of ways now.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

hahaha with a ban on name calling perhaps? Where opinions could be expressed without fear of a backlash?
Nah never happen

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

hahaha with a ban on name calling perhaps? Where opinions could be expressed without fear of a backlash?
Nah never happen

Name calling is a part of life. It comes with freedom of opinion and the ability to express them (opinions).

One has to be resilient in their posts and have the capability to overcome any perceived negativity.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Negativity - differences of opinion are one thing but name calling is childish and unecessary and on this particular forum used to be frowned upon. Name calling to me simply proves that you have little by way of argument know you may be losing so throw a tantrum

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

People don't know how to debate anymore and specifically respect other people's arguments

Ats has become less about facts and more about opinions and feelings

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I admit that I don't like most people, but I consider myself more of a misanthrope than a bigot. I default to the position that a person is an asshole until proven otherwise. Heck, I am an asshole so really I mean no offense.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

www.forbes.com...

they’ve used British information, British data, to study their claim.

There are other problems as well but that hasn’t stopped various people leaping upon the result with glee.

Ahem.
Pretty sure this is a big part of the problem also.. There are those of us [ again, ahem ] who just can't help calling names like a 2 year old. Insulting the other side and pretending, because they are opposite, that somehow makes them more intelligent.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
Some people feel better putting others in nice little labeled compartments. They cope better with adversity that way. And some people are just jackasses.

It seems to me that we are 'hardwired' for racism/bigotry, naturally.
If we see some person who looks different then our family coming through the trees, the likeliness is great that they will kill the men and boys, take our provisions and our wimmin!
Those with a better sense of 'other' (schizophrenic duality/ego), live to do more breeding. Evolution.
It is an anachronistic trait, for sure, but the 'gene' remains in all, to one degree or another!
So, it appears to me, in my research, that we are either 'recovering', or we are practicing.
And denial is, invariably, 'practicing'.

edit on 1-6-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

You're right.

If you or I have an opinion which is different from the Pro-baters we are called 'Bigots/Racists/Phobics' etc...

We just have an opinion and we can say what we like.

If I don't like a certain group, i will say so... that's my right as a Human Being.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: Liquesence

I blame Obama. Bwahahahahaha........

I know, everything is his cursed fault.

I'm still angry he allowed them to kill Jesus. What a monster.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Another problem is that nobody trusts anybody's sources anymore. Even what we would call "the facts" have been politicized to the point where certain threads are thrown out on the basis of the websites political leanings. This leads to a board where no matter what you post somebody can come in and say those facts aren't really facts b/c Huffington Post blah blah blah or Infowars doop dee doo

Along the same lines everyone defends THIER sources as the end all be all of "truth"

When even the facts become opinions then what else is there to do but argue about our emotional reactions to things?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

And on the flip side if you feel you and others like you are being discriminated against, you're a bigot.

Feel that you are being harassed because you're a male in an all female workplace? Your sexist!

Feel that the criminal system is biased against your skin color? Your racist!

Everyone needs to shut up, go outside, ride bikes, bbq, watch the clouds and imagine what they look like....

People, seriously -- go live life and stop blaming everyone else for everything that's wrong with everything.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
All that's well and good...

Doesn't change the fact there is a hell of a lot of bigots on ATS.

And a lot of labels. And those labels allow a platform for attack. Frankly I do not like several attributes displayed in society, mostly of their declining reprobate morals. And I refuse to indulge them in their gutless attacks.

I don't believe all of these titles or labels are anything more than deflection for a weak argument.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

So what I read in your post is people are a bigot if they don't see the big picture as you do? Please give us an example of a bigot on ATS. I think the word bigot is bandied about a bit too much so I would like an example. (WITH CONTEXT)

Everyone has an opinion and an agenda no matter how "pure" the intentions of their point of view is. If someone calls someone a bigot they lost the argument right there in my opinion. Intellectual dishonesty is what I see when the fail safe word "bigot" is thrown out

Nope, not buying the premise of the argument here.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
a reply to: ChuckNasty

That's the thing, ufo literally means unidentified. Anyone short of military personnel would probably deem a stealth plane as a ufo. So when people insist that something they can't identify is supernatural ...

I believe in aliens, don't personally believe they've visited us, but anyways!

I don't really agree with the topic deletion situations you mention. I think multiple threads could very well exist at once, so long as the original post at least has a different opinion or presents things differently or better even on the same topic.

Just look at that King Tut thread. One guy just quickly posts a line and the link stuff and BAM - master thread. 2nd guy, adds bunch of words and substance....closed.

A multiple thread of this topic wouldn't have hurt anyone. I can almost bet that the closed thread creator would have been more of an asset towards that topic and ATS overall. The first one who just wants stars and flags...yeah, bet not so much.

Edit: OP of the first King Tut knife thread first response here: This is ATS...

edit on 1-6-2016 by ChuckNasty because: edit as above.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

At the end of the day, does it really matter if a bunch of jackasses on the internet think you're a bigot? Seriously, why waste time worrying about whatever label people are going to slap on you and just be true to yourself. If somebody believes me being me constitutes me being a bigot, oh well... sounds like their problem, not mine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join