It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOPE! You're a BIGOT!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Are you kidding me?

These days you can hardly talk politics or ideas without being called a bigot, a nut, a right wing or left wing this or that. It applies in the real world, and on ATS - The place we are supposed to try to deny ignorance.

Not every thread questioning religion is from an extreme atheist looking to abolish God and morality from the country.
Not every thread questioning the trans situation is a thread written by a right-wing nut job conservative who just needs to open their mind.
Not every thread questioning gun laws is a "progressive" or "leftist" attacking the entire second amendment and our fore-fathers.
Not every pro Sanders thread is about establishing communism in America.
Not every (anti)Immigration/refugee thread is written by a racist bigoted republican.

Yet often times, we act like these are the circumstances in which cause a person to write such things. We close our minds because of our stances we've so defiantly defended these days that we don't even talk as much conspiracy and theory anymore, we don't talk about ideology and exchange ideas, we don't try to discuss things and come to the bottom of everything, instead, we fight.

Nearly every thread I create, people assume something about me. They assume I'm pro this or that candidate because of one sentence, they assume I'm a bigot, homo/transphobe and such because I question our administration. Because I believe that altruism does NOT exist in the white house, I believe in agendas, conspiracies, I believe in a government seeking more control, I believe our constitution is being ignored/shredded as the years go on...

But it's tough talking about it, to some people. They don't see the big picture, they don't see the real ideas behind a thought - They're stuck behind a mirror and all they can see is themselves, their own opinions, biases, etc - And it just causes this forum to be a drain sometimes.

Open your minds, fellow members. I challenge you to do this. I challenge myself to do better as well. Thanks for reading.

-Deadlyhope

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

You had me at "these days..."

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Well, don't forget SJW and Snowflake.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
All that's well and good...

Doesn't change the fact there is a hell of a lot of bigots on ATS.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Agreed.

This is why I cautiously respond.

People seem to like to categorize and assume based upon their own very narrow-minded partisan lens, or make anything partisan, because it's all they know (or hear).

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I've noticed this as well, ATS really has gone down the drain here recently. Maybe it's just following the trend of society as a whole but I thought this was supposed to be a site that went against the societal norm so I guess I held it to a higher standard. Not anymore, I've come to expect ignorance on these boards.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
So what if you're a bigot? Sticks and stones my friend..

Everyone has a right to an opinion and guess what? You have the right to agree or disagree. We have "comment police" running around posts just looking for an "in" to annoy, denounce and label anything that even resembles a supossed attack on anothers core beliefs or opinions. I simply don't address it and move on. Some of us need to put our ego's aside and not try to defend or respond to the onslaught as it occurs.

You'll feel better for having not been baited into a bs debate on your character which is usually off subject anyway.

edit on 31-5-2016 by EternalShadow because: a correction

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I'd guess that 99.9% of all posters are just regular people with regular jobs and regular lives in regular towns.

No one is a model-billionaire with a yacht who hates people who;
Pray
Are different colors
are vegans

blah blah blah.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I'm not a bigot. I'm under 200 pounds for the first time in 2 decades. Smallerot would be more appropriate.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Open your minds, fellow members. I challenge you to do this.

Right. And let the devil come in and control my thoughts. Or open my mind and allow those brainwashing commie ideas in to melt my resolve away. No thanks, it's a strong, closed and totally in my own control mind for me thanks.

It is a fearful world Dead. Not only is it fearful, I think it is existentially fearful. This open mind is a frightful concept. It might mean taking a chance on becoming something other than who we already think ourselves to be. Very scary.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

You are so right, and it's getting really old!! You can't discuss anything without a crowd coming along, tossing out all the labels. and basically shutting down all sensible discussion. I don't know how the poor mods keep up these days.

You'd think people would figure out that demonizing the opposition shows a weak position.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

You are so right, and it's getting really old!! You can't discuss anything without a crowd coming along, tossing out all the labels. and basically shutting down all sensible discussion.

^ This.

Donovan, you're a sage and a true rebel.

They gang up and try to derail all sensible and intelligent discussion with BS talking points.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I blame Obama. Bwahahahahaha........

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
There are so few actual sensible discussions anymore, I rarely post. Its all about one upmanship...who can be the first to scream racists, bigot, homophobe (or whatever the buzz word of the day is) first....who can appear to be the most enlightened, liberal, politically correct poster on the boards blah blah

Everyone's entitled to an opinion....unless of course that opinion clashes with theirs

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
There are so few actual sensible discussions anymore, I rarely post. Its all about one upmanship...who can be the first to scream racists, bigot, homophobe (or whatever the buzz word of the day is) first....who can appear to be the most enlightened, liberal, politically correct poster on the boards blah blah

Everyone's entitled to an opinion....unless of course that opinion clashes with theirs

Just "liberal"? Where have you been?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
Are you kidding me?

These days you can hardly talk politics or ideas without being called a bigot, a nut, a right wing or left wing this or that. It applies in the real world, and on ATS - The place we are supposed to try to deny ignorancr

ATS has a sh*t load of bigots and xenophobes. I'm sick of seeing anti muslim stories that only cite right wing websites and blogs. Deny ignorance is a nice concept and certainly something we should strive gor, but ATS members are no more enlightened or better informed than folk on Reddit and other forums. They THINK they are...but they are wrong.

I k

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
Are you kidding me?
These days you can hardly talk politics or ideas without being called a bigot

The truth is that we are all bigots/racists!
We are either practicing or we are recovering!
Denial = practicing!
And there are HOARDS of 'practicing' ('denying') bigots!!!

Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice

news.yahoo.com...

"There's no gentle way to put it: People who give in to racism and prejudice may simply be dumb, according to a new study that is bound to stir public controversy...."

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Haha shoot! I need to get to where you are. Haven't been there in a couple years myself

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Open our minds?!

What if I was born with an open mind, but I recently decided to close it. I have that right blessed to me by the Constitution of this never great land of US of A..

....you sir/ma'am, are a bigot!

But yeah, you speak your mind that isn't with the FOTM and BAM...'there must be something wrong with you' mentality/replies ensue. No body can have a simple conversation/discussion without getting all butt hurt.

For example: I am pro life and also pro choice (people can't understand that); I am for the trannies, but I believe we shouldn't have laws that ban nor promote their choice; I have nothing against gay marriage, I am against the churches being forced to perform them (almost like making a Muslim butcher carry pork products IMO); Etc etc. You try to speak your mind in any of these forum topics and people go all ape S word.

Might be off topic, but on topic with the idea of your rant. I believe there are UFO's....on the other hand, a light that is likely an aircraft isn't a UFO. Those F tards who reply, "well, if you don't know what it is then it is unidentified.." That is utter bull crap! It is along the lines of me saying I saw bigfoot at the park....then me responding to every thread reply with, "Well, the guy did have Big Feet...

Let's make this site great again (pun) and let us all focus on NOT focusing the mainstream crap.

Also! There are those people (you know who you are) that once they see a headline, they'll quickly create a thread for it...they'll in turn add very little, if any, comments on it...but they just want to be the first to post the thread topic. While another person would see the same thread at the same time frame, create a huge talking point about it...only to get closed by a moderator just because someone else was first in making the thread on the same topic?!

REALLY? All this does is encourage dumb tards in making zero contribution to a topic where everyone else does the same.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

I wonder if an actual forum would work - the opposite of the rant section, a sensible section. Haha we could wish, eh ? I think it would interest quite a few people

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join