It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Attorney General Rips ‘Heartless’ Trump University

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
www.politico.com...

Trump university?

New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman slammed Donald Trump after the GOP presidential nominee spent the weekend criticizing a federal judge about a lawsuit against his Trump University real-estate education venture.

“You defrauded people out of money,” New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman said Tuesday. “They’re entitled to their day in court. He keeps saying it’s an easy case to win, but he keeps losing.

I think this was and is an obvious scam, this Trump university story and this prosecutor is earnestly trying to do right by the people who paid thousands of dollars and got little from “Trump University.” It’s a sad thing and I feel for the people that wasted thousands of dollars on this apparent scam.

I hope they get their money back

All he’s doing is delaying.” Schneiderman added that Trump demonstrated a “willingness to lie to people” to get them into his “phony seminars” and that it was “heartless.” He added, “It’s important information to get out there and I think that between the judge releasing these records and other things, I hope all the facts will get out that can between now and the election. I think it’s important public policy.”

And this is the guy than so many people want to be president!

edit on 31-5-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
Well I received my degree from Trump University in 2007 after 16 months of expensive and challenging coursework.

I made $350,000 in 2008 and went on to make millions every year since.

But then I woke up one morning in 2015 in a shack with a leaky roof in the middle of a swamp in FL.

Turns out it never happened, it was just faulty memory I guess, or Mandela.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I've been listening to some of the stories on the news today, and some sound pretty grim. He's misrepresented an awful lot.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Damn you Mandela!

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I don`t know anything about the trump university "scandal" but i can`t imagine it`s any worse than what what other universities do, charge a fortune for 4 years and then give you a worthless degree in creative writing or origami so you end up unemployed and owing a fortune in student loans that you`ll never be able to repay.
nobody is forced to go to college or get student loans, and no university gives a guaranty that you will get a job when you graduate.
edit on 31-5-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
People don’t realize the utter cruelty it is for a billionaire to exploit human beings like this.

Takes advantage of their hopes and dreams and uses them so he could add to his billions and steal their dream.

Its prime proof Trump is a selfish person who doesn’t give a dam about people.

All the money he has and he has to stoop to stealing people’s hopes and dreams

How many people here could sleep at night if they exploited honest and earnest people like Trump did?

How could his supporters justify this sleazy activity?

They'll find a justification because he’s blinded them with darkness

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
I don`t know anything about the trump university "scandal" but i can`t imagine it`s any worse than what what other universities do, charge a fortune for 4 years and then give you a worthless degree in creative writing or origami so you end up unemployed and owing a fortune in student loans that you`ll never be able to repay.
nobody is forced to go to college or get student loans, and no university gives a guaranty that you will get a job when you graduate.

So x, y and z commit murder or theft so it justifies a, b and c to do the same thing!

That’s your justification?

Everybody does it so its justified by a presidential candidate to exploit people because others do it

The person you want to give your trust to represent you has scammed thousands of people and may have financially ruined them for life is a good guy to you?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
I've been listening to some of the stories on the news today, and some sound pretty grim. He's misrepresented an awful lot.

You 'misrepresent' a vain, corrupt greedy selfish vice ridden lying monster by voting for it!

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The law firm involved in the deposition against Trump University has paid the Clintons large sums of money for speaking fee engagements in the past; the latest as early as 2014.

Source

In addition, in the midst of the litigation, one of the Robbins Geller attorneys, Patrick Coughlin, who is also ‘of counsel’ at the law firm, maxed out his donations to Hillary Clinton’s campaign. Records maintained by the Federal Election Commission indicate that Coughlin has been a longtime financial supporter of both the Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton. In February, he donated $5,400 to her campaign.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
From what I understand, it wasn't actually a university. The name had to be changed because it was considered false advertising to have "university" in the name even though it wasn't actually one.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Honestly, I'd be ecstatic to see him and Hillary, after their nominations, both get knocked out of the race due to their legal problems. The independents will finally get the coverage they deserve.

originally posted by: Willtell
People don’t realize the utter cruelty it is for a billionaire to exploit human beings like this.

Takes advantage of their hopes and dreams and uses them so he could add to his billions and steal their dream.

Its prime proof Trump is a selfish person who doesn’t give a dam about people.

All the money he has and he has to stoop to stealing people’s hopes and dreams

How many people here could sleep at night if they exploited honest and earnest people like Trump did?

How could his supporters justify this sleazy activity?

They'll find a justification because he’s blinded them with darkness

It was an odd business for sure. Doesn't even make sense when you line it up against his other business ventures. I'll look forward to seeing more details about the case in the future, and see what kind of public statement will be made in the next few months.

However, you're a bit short sighted. You're making judgements based on something that you don't have all the facts on. There are quite a few examples to show the opposite. Much more than can be said for anything coming out of the Democrat party.

www.ijreview.com...

Trump Uni is a shady deal. We'll see more details come out very soon. However, he's still better than the proven warmonger Hillary (unless you want more wars and social inequality) and I'll take him if I can't have anything better than either of them.
edit on 5/31/2016 by Pyrrho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
More victims of alleged Trump University scam come forward supporting suit against The Donald

More than 100 new people have come forward to complain that Donald Trump’s now-defunct “university” was a ripoff, the Daily News has learned.

Schneiderman filed a $40 million lawsuit against Trump in Manhattan state Supreme Court in August — accusing the mega-rich developer-turned-reality TV star of defrauding more than 5,000 people nationwide through his Trump University.

One of those who have come forward is Gary Smith, a former city transit worker who says he shelled out $36,000 — and got very little in return.

36 grand for this school!

He said the seminar was a sell-job for a $1,000 three-day class in which the instructor made a heavy sell for a $35,000 mentoring program with the goal of a 205% return on his tuition investment within 90 days.

But after using his credit cards to pay the $35,000, Smith was told by his mentor not to expect a quick return.

He was mentored into poverty

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
That`s not what i said, i guess i should have spelled it out in plain language, if trump did what all the universities are doing then they all should be prosecuted.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

maybe

50 thousand wrongs don't make a right

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Ummm...Oh...DO TELL...Will tell...

YouSir

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Do Clinton supporters actually think this civil suit will derail his campaign while she's been investigated by the FBI and probably should be indicted?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
TRUMP U 'SCHEME' REVEALED

Salespeople were instructed to deliberately mislead potential customers and manipulate their emotions.

WASHINGTON — A federal judge on Tuesday unsealed nearly 400 pages of documents related to a lawsuit over the for-profit Trump University, revealing the aggressive and predatory practices that Trump U. salespeople were encouraged to use on potential participants of the real estate seminar, which has been accused of being a scam.

The documents detail the internal “playbook” of Trump University, including information about how its salespeople were told to deliberately mislead potential customers, manipulate their emotions and ignore their concerns. Taken together, they represent a damning new window into the company that Trump closed in 2011 amid multiple investigations but has promised to revive.

The playbook instructed Trump University employees on how to target potential customers with bad credit. “What most people do,” reads one prompt, “is handle the tuition by putting it on their credit cards because it gives them the ability to make very small monthly payments and maintain a low overhead to run their real estate project.” Later on, it says, they can “use their success in real estate to pay off the banks in a couple of months or so.”

Here's a guy with billions and could have opened up a great school with a little effort and money and legitimate teachers

But no, he went the easy way out...that of the scam artist who abused these peoples vulnerability

Trump is cheap quick buck artist and doesn't care who he swindles in the process.
edit on 1-6-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Ex-employees on Trump University: 'A fraudulent scheme' and 'a total lie'

Among the harshest critics of Trump University were some of the people who used to work there.

"These people did not necessarily have real estate experience, but they were skilled at high-pressure sales," Sommer said in her statement. "I recall that some consumers had showed up who were homeless and could not afford the seminars, yet I overheard Trump University representatives telling them, 'it's ok; just max out your credit card.'"

Trump university?

Schnackenberg told the story of a couple he talked to the month before he quit who had no money to pay the $35,000 tuition. Schnackenberg said they were talked into using the husband's disability income and a home equity loan to pay for it. "I did not feel it was an appropriate program for them because of their precarious financial condition," he wrote. "Trump University reprimanded me for not trying harder to sell the program to this couple."

35,000 dollars for Trump university.

This university wasn't worth 35 cent!

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

"These people did not necessarily have real estate experience, but they were skilled at high-pressure sales," Sommer said in her statement. "I recall that some consumers had showed up who were homeless and could not afford the seminars, yet I overheard Trump University representatives telling them, 'it's ok; just max out your credit card.'"

money.cnn.com...

Like Sommer, Schnackenberg questioned the qualifications of the instructors, recalling one whose background was in jewelry making rather than real estate.

Anybody want a jeweler’s license?

Go to Trump University

He should change the name to

Scam Institute

The school promised that the instructors had been "hand-picked" by Trump.

"They were unqualified people posing as Donald Trump's 'right-hand men,'" said Jason Nicholas, another former employee, in his statement. "They were teaching methods that were unethical, and they had had little to no experience flipping properties or doing real estate deals. It was a facade, a total lie."

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
To the Trump supporters

Would you have paid for your children to go to this school?

And have your child have the burden of paying off the loan?

Or pay out of your own pocket

I don't expect many answers here

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The silence is deafening!

...and revealing

and predicted

top topics

<<   2 >>

join