It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First in Israel: Surgery that Removes Shaking due to Parkinson's Disease

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Now I think this is great. So nice to be able to share some good news for a change.

Snippet from article:

In a medical breakthrough, a treatment has been found to treat Parkinson’s disease. In a rare procedure, brain surgery was performed to treat Parkinson’s and its subsequent shaking via ultrasound waves.

Another:

The complex and innovative surgery was developed by the innovative Israeli company InSightec. The procedure is performed utilizing ultrasound waves while the patient lies within a MRI machine wearing a special helmet. The surgeon uses a computer mouse instead of a knife.

How great to not even have to go under the knife. To be able to be back with your family at home a couple hours after the procedure, even a better bonus.
I hope this makes its way around the world soon. Seems they have already done over 500 procedures so far in a few other countries. So many suffer from this and it is sad...
I just hope the insurance companies in America don't take a arm and a leg as the trade off...

There is also a video included at the article showing the procedure done in Israel

LINK TO ARTICLE

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

God bless Israel! Their innovations are outstanding year after year! If only their right wing war mongering PM would finally be voted out.
edit on 31-5-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
This is very good news. I believe Michael J.Fox has Parkinsons, i just hope they get this out to the rest of the world and not just the elect few.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
If it truly works it won't be allowed to be used in the US, where is the money to be made in curing the disease?
Big pharma won't let it happen.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Can we have Michael J Fox back and acting again??

Please? ASAP?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
"Those evil Jews!"

"This is all their fault!"

#first!

Other then that, it's great news! Israel is notorious for pioneering new medical advancements , despite people thinking they only deal w military equipment

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

I need a new Back to the Future in my life, that doesn't suck! This needs to happen before Christopher Lloyd kicks the bucket!

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman
First in Israel: Surgery that Removes Shaking due to Parkinson's Disease

Just waiting for the Arabs and other anti-Semites to turn it into another "Damn Jews!" moment!
Unless they have Parkinson's, I guess! *__-
edit on 31-5-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: namelesss
What a odd remark to make with a avatar such as yours....

I myself am just glad that man has found a good start to a cure, plain and simple.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I have some friends who have Parkinson's Disease and for them this is great news. I just hope the technique can be accepted quickly by the medical and insurance communities. Kudos for a solid advancement in treating another debilitating disease.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman
a reply to: namelesss
What a odd remark to make with a avatar such as yours....

Not when you give it a bit of thought;
We are Omni-!
One!
What do you think 'Omni-' means?
One!, ALL inclusive!
Sometimes, we experience the passing 'feeling/thought' of 'anger'.
What is not Us?

It's part of our humanity/Universality!

I myself am just glad that man has found a good start to a cure, plain and simple.

Amen! *__-

The 'good start' to a Universal 'cure', is being unconditional Love!

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I enjoyed this very much, S&F

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
God bless Israel! Their innovations are outstanding year after year! If only their right wing war mongering PM would finally be voted out.

Why is there ALWAYS a need to turn a thread about Israel into some form of political debate? I'm not accusing you of repeatedly doing this, but it seems there is always somebody who has to bring up politics whenever the country or its citizens are mentioned.

top topics

join