It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Christians duped; fails terribly!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim
Deuteronomy 21:22 “And if a man has committed a crime punishable by death and he is put to death, and you hang him on a tree, 23 his body shall not remain all night on the tree, but you shall bury him the same day, for a hanged man is cursed by God. You shall not defile your land that the LORD your God is giving you for an inheritance.” [ESV]

High treason was punnished with being nailed to a tree in the time of Joshua.

Joshua 10:26 “And afterward Joshua struck them and put them to death, and he hanged them on five trees. And they hung on the trees until evening.”

So. If Jesus was cursed by by God for being nailed to a cross/tree, what does that say about the ones who are drinking his blood and eating his flesh? Cursed?

Revelation 16:6 “For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and you [Jesus] have given them blood to drink. It is what they deserve!”

Just a little inside information about Christianity and the church, a little secret if you will, keep it under your hat, not many people know so wouldn't want this to go out into the mainstream

The flesh of Christ is really just a a piece of bread or wafer, the blood, red cordial or juice, it's not really blood or flesh, it's symbolic, it's a spiritual image.
Another thing, the communion is also about relationship.

The curse was the fall of Adam and Eve, Jesus broke the curse for those who represent His gospel.

You really need to apply common sense and logic before commenting on this sort of stuff, it makes you look a little silly

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: amihotCD

When you can't get through two sentences without serious grammatical errors, I would think twice about calling entire groups of people stupid. Do you know what Jesus really disliked? Hypocrites.

Seriously, read his most important teaching. A good chunk of it was given up to don't be a hypocrite.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Stupid people enjoy calling other people stupid when they don't understand what others are saying. Since they think that they know everything there is to know about everything.

It's sad. That said, I don't think that that person is a hypocrite. You kindly assumed that they aren't totally ignorant. Pearls before swine and all that jazz.

Hardened hearts lead to blindness, imo
edit on 31-5-2016 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: rukia

Stupid people enjoy calling other people stupid when they don't understand what others are saying. Since they think that they know everything there is to know about everything.

It's sad. That said, I don't think that that person is a hypocrite. Pearls before swine and all that jazz.

Maybe not, but in my opinion, if you are going to go out and call a bunch of people idiots, you ought to do your best to make sure you are dotting all your "I"s and crossing all your "T"s, otherwise it looks a bit like the pot calling the kettle black.

And that's even before getting into the seriously shallow nature of the post itself.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Oh, absolutely.

It's very ironic.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Oh golly gee, woe to thee. What toxic thinking and splinter pointing is this.

Think outside of all the multiverses in the universe or planes of existence in all of the aeons or what picture you've got in your mind about the configuration of the world.

And carry on from there. Or don't.

Only you can decide.

edit on 31/5/16 by Sump3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

Since the Bible is quite clear in several places that Jesus was accursed because of us, I am not quite sure what you are saying.

Are you suggesting that curses are communicable like diseases?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: amihotCD

Xtians are about as stupid as it gets. Let's try these ones out, shall we?

1. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you. HAHAHAHA!!!!!! Yeah right! LOL (No examples needed for this craziness) But, I can't hold back! I'm sure Jesus and god are soooooooo happy that G. W. Bush "blessed" and "loved" Saddam and the 1,000,000 innocent people he murdered!!!!!!!

2. Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth. HAHAHAHA!!!!!! EVERY SINGLE Jesus on a crucifix is graven. Uh... and I think he's in heaven, right, retards??? So is every statue of the "virgin" Mary. Oh, and all the statues of the saints and apostles, too!!! RETARDS! ALL OVER EVERY SINGLE CHURCH and THE VATICAN!!! Way to go Pimp Pope!

3. And my favorite... If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. ... If someone
slaps you on your right cheek, turn your other cheek to him as well. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah right! I'll be sure to tell that to the xtian cop next time I slap their face!!!!!!!!! What a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could go on with this for two days straight! IDIOCY!!!!!!!!!!!

1. I am fairly sure that when any Iraqi citizens were killed in the conflict, George Bush was not present. Nor did he intend, prior to their deaths, that they be killed (especially the innocent). To establish intent would require 'evidence of intent' and there isn't any. If George Bush had, in fact, murdered someone, I'm sure that he would be accused of it and would have to stand trial. As it is, there was a conflict over control of oil production, in which George Bush played a role. If either side had capitulated immediately, then there would be no conflict. It could be suggested that both sides believed that they could win and committed to the conflict ignoring the consequences. Both sides carry equal blame. The conflict also has nothing to do with Christianity or otherwise. A stronger circumstantial case could be made about the car tyre industry's culpability in the war (economic involvement, dependence upon oil and so on).

2. It is clear that God forbade worship of statuary, not creation of statues. In fact, God explicitly ordered that a statue of a snake upon a pole be manufactured for a religious display to Israel and also that the Ark of the Covenant and many of the fittings of the Temple/Tabernacle contain representational art (Cherubim, flowers, specific leaves and fruits).

3. Have you ever slapped a Christian Police officer of the law in the face? If they were following Jesus' teachings, they might surprise you and actually turn the other cheek! But you'd have to be fairly sure that they were a Christian, if you hit the wrong officer, man, you'd be stuffed. As the scenario you proposed was entirely hypothetical, happening only in your imagination, you can hardly charge Christians with your imagined responses.

Not a particularly valid line of reasoning with any of these, but I'm sure you could go on for days like this. "What a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", "IDIOCY!!!!!!!!!!!".

edit on 31/5/2016 by chr0naut because: grammar! Ar.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
He was cursed because He took on our sins. Our sins cursed Him to death. That's why we don't have to be perfect.

That Blood they drink in Rev is cursed water. Symbolically, that parallels vinegar wine and also "a sinner's blood". Christ's Good Wine, is the Holy Spirit... and also clean water symbolizes that.

Everything in the Bible has an "anti-parallel". And everything in the Bible keeps its Symbolic, Referential Integrity.
There's a Heifer sacrifice where the Heifer's neck gets broken after being led down a path next to a river, with un-sewn land also next to the path. You do that sacrifice when someone's killed and no one saw who did it.

The back in the day Jew, "anti-" parallel of this sacrifice is Moses. A Jew who sewed next to a cursed river, and was killed and no one saw who did it. The Gentile version of this sacrifice to come, is where a Man that had access to the Holy Spirit (River next to path), didn't sew for the Lord. Note that the water can be used to water plants, and also that the Holy Spirit wasn't around for Moses (cursed river), but it is now (reg river for that coming sacrifice) (keeps ref. int.).

Moses died on a Mountain and was buried in a Valley. Goliath was killed in a Valley and buried on a hill. Everything w/ the Lord is on a mountain/Hill in the Bible. And visa-versa with the valleys and low places. And then the opposite brings death to the other. It's supernatural. It couldn't be written like that by accident.

Then you have this one with Christ on the cross:
John 19:28 Later, knowing that everything had now been finished, and so that Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, “I am thirsty.” 29 A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus’ lips. 30 When he had received the drink, Jesus said, “It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit."

They take the Hyssop branch (Gentile branch) put the Vinegar/sour wine on it (crappy Gentile Blood). That's the opposite of Christ's "Good Wine"....and they put it to Christ's lips with a sponge (earthen vessel from Lev.). This inverted w/ "the anti-" means, Christ gave His "Good Wine" through a Cedar Branch to the Sponge (Baby/earthen vessel) to Mary Magdalene.

I have a ton of theses invert parallels, here's a whole video on it below. It's for sure right. I have all the Feasts and Animal Sacrifices figured out, too.

The Hyssop Branch comes from verses like this, that denote branching the Gentiles in with the Cedar/Jew Branch:

Lev 14:4 ...some cedar wood, scarlet yarn and hyssop be brought for the person to be cleansed.

The Scarlet is a Blood Tie. So once again, symbolically, bloody water and vinegar wine are imperfect blood... and the opposite is Good Wine and Clean Water. We drink the good water that blesses. The Wine gets turned into Water when you have "The Bread" with it. We don't literally drink Blood. LOL

edit on 08am5401am3054vAmerica/Chicago by saidative because: left video out

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Here's one I've been thinking about lately. Not trying to bash or anything.

As I recall from Sunday school, God originally created man naked and ignorant like the rest of the animals. It took Satan and original sin to give us what intelligence we have. Would this not mean that everything we've ever come up with using our brains, including religion, is the work of the devil?

I could be missing something here that would explain this conundrum. I'm certainly no Bible scholar. Feel free to correct me on this.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: subject x
Here's one I've been thinking about lately. Not trying to bash or anything.

As I recall from Sunday school, God originally created man naked and ignorant like the rest of the animals. It took Satan and original sin to give us what intelligence we have. Would this not mean that everything we've ever come up with using our brains, including religion, is the work of the devil?

I could be missing something here that would explain this conundrum. I'm certainly no Bible scholar. Feel free to correct me on this.

From what I gather they were originally perfect, and did not know evil. When they "ate the tree of knowledge of good and evil", they brought evil into a once perfect world and thus cursed the harmony of Creation. This imperfect act opened a can of worms, pandora's box so to speak, which could only be redeemed by another perfect manifestation from God - Jesus. Eating the tree of knowledge by Adam and Eve should be considered a forgetting of knowledge (Gen 3:13) whereas Jesus comes in Remembrance of this knowledge of God.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Ok, fair enough. I figured they'd written in something to explain it. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Forgiveness.....that's what the catholics and the jews and the muslims are missing.......so they are all nervous about eternity....Christians just know.......scripture states there will be screams in terror on the last day....not because of the end of the age.....because they know they missed the mark.....and will fear that fact coz it's too late.....

originally posted by: amihotCD

Xtians are about as stupid as it gets. Let's try these ones out, shall we?

1. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you. HAHAHAHA!!!!!! Yeah right! LOL (No examples needed for this craziness) But, I can't hold back! I'm sure Jesus and god are soooooooo happy that G. W. Bush "blessed" and "loved" Saddam and the 1,000,000 innocent people he murdered!!!!!!!

2. Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth. HAHAHAHA!!!!!! EVERY SINGLE Jesus on a crucifix is graven. Uh... and I think he's in heaven, right, retards??? So is every statue of the "virgin" Mary. Oh, and all the statues of the saints and apostles, too!!! RETARDS! ALL OVER EVERY SINGLE CHURCH and THE VATICAN!!! Way to go Pimp Pope!

3. And my favorite... If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. ... If someone
slaps you on your right cheek, turn your other cheek to him as well. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah right! I'll be sure to tell that to the xtian cop next time I slap their face!!!!!!!!! What a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could go on with this for two days straight! IDIOCY!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
signature down at the bottom tis all out of context.....badly.....you can do better than this......make me proud.......the quote is dissing the evil muthas of the day......you know, the ones He called bad names....

Deuteronomy 21:22 “And if a man has committed a crime punishable by death and he is put to death, and you hang him on a tree, 23 his body shall not remain all night on the tree, but you shall bury him the same day, for a hanged man is cursed by God. You shall not defile your land that the LORD your God is giving you for an inheritance.” [ESV]

High treason was punnished with being nailed to a tree in the time of Joshua.

Joshua 10:26 “And afterward Joshua struck them and put them to death, and he hanged them on five trees. And they hung on the trees until evening.”

So. If Jesus was cursed by by God for being nailed to a cross/tree, what does that say about the ones who are drinking his blood and eating his flesh? Cursed?

Revelation 16:6 “For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and you [Jesus] have given them blood to drink. It is what they deserve!”

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: paperdoll
So, people would be punished by death, and then hung on a tree? If so, how come they hung them up after they were killed? I'm just curious.

--- to curse them obviously....

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Although the premise of your thread and a lot of the other conclusions you have posted throughout ATS are incorrect, your curiosity is to be appreciated.

Not so much incorrect as counter-doctrinal. I fight dogma, not the Word of God. when you study these texts in their ‹original› languages, the stories open up and you see clearly that just about everything having to do with the Church is sacrilege.

Most don't have that. The Truth is going to be the complete antithesis to what our parental generations have surmised, so at first the Bible may seem contradictory and confusing, but with diligent study it will begin to make sense. Take your curiosity, and like Solomon, ask for knowledge, and if you are persistently pious and righteous in your search, you will find the Answer:

And Jesus said, "Whoever discovers the interpretation of these sayings will not taste death...Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all. [And after they have reigned they will rest.]" Gospel of Thomas

Indeed, sir
as long as we can hrm, agree to disagree-- and leave stuff like faith and religious madness behind and discuss these texts as texts and riddled such texts, we are all on the right track. Jesus and none of his followers were Christians. They were Moses-only liberal Jews.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
Yeah but those were just misdemeanors and don't really stay on your record.

To you perhaps, but not to the Sanhedrin and even the Romans.

-- Stealing (or rather robbing) a donkey back then would be the equivalent of grand theft auto (not the game obviously) these days
-- High treason (like when Jesus paraded as the new King of the Jews) was punnished by death.
-- Break-in and entering into a fashionable estate, and emptying that house for everything edible and drinkable, well, how would you treat someone if they did that to you?
-- Armed assault on a police officer and resisting arrest, hmmm.....

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Jesus was not pinned to a tree, nor cursed by God.

Galatians 3:13 « Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree”— »

A tree is by definition, a plant with roots in the ground

In english perhaps, but in Hebrew a pole, a cross, a tree or anything erect called Etz. Translated «Tree».

The «Kabbalabian» Tree of Life is called Etz ha-Chayim. The Tree of Wisdom is the same «tree», only it's «pregnant» (it has a heart) and is called Etz ha-Daat.

The «cross» Jesus carried was the Staurus, the cross-beam. Golgotha means «the place of the blocks-and-tackles». He was probably nailed to the staurus and pulled up on one of the oaks Joshua crucified his enemies on who challenged him in Salem (Jerusalem) soon after he had crossed the Jordan and held the one-week-show around Jerico, stressing the ancient walls by attracting every soul in the city to walk around on top of the city wall leading to its collapse when Joshua had found out where the walls were on their weakest and did the finale.
edit on 14-6-2016 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Deuteronomy 21:22 “And if a man has committed a crime punishable by death and he is put to death, and you hang him on a tree, 23 his body shall not remain all night on the tree, but you shall bury him the same day, for a hanged man is cursed by God. You shall not defile your land that the LORD your God is giving you for an inheritance.” [ESV] High treason was punnished with being nailed to a tree in the time of Joshua. Joshua 10:26 “And afterward Joshua struck them and put them to death, and he hanged them on five trees. And they hung on the trees until evening.” So. If Jesus was cursed by by God for being nailed to a cross/tree, what does that say about the ones who are drinking his blood and eating his flesh? Cursed? Revelation 16:6 “For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and you [Jesus] have given them blood to drink. It is what they deserve!”

Do you truly not understand what you read?
The very first sentence tells you that it could not have pertained to Jesus. There are two distinct avenues in this teaching. Firstly there is the punishment by the religious centers and then we have the punishments of the civil centers.

What is your point? Is it the religious or the civil aspect? Naturally it pertains to the religious aspect since that is the entire foundation of your rant. So in lite of that it is totally false what you have expounded. Jesus was accused of a capital religious crime in professing that He is the Son of God. That was the charge brought against Him and if found guilty He would have been stoned to death.

Jesus stood trial before the Great Jerusalem Sanhedrin of seventy one in the hall of hewed stones and not a lesser crime before the Sanhedrin of twenty three. But all in all there were not one trial but six trials. Three by Jewish means and three by civil means. I suggest that you read up on this before you bash some thing that you have no idea what you are bashing.

Now that we are discussing the Hebrew understanding of a man found guilty you neglected to take in consideration that Jesus was found not guilty in the Jewish/Hebrew law and was not stoned. In fact He was acquitted in all three Jewish accounts and in two civil accounts. So in effect Jesus was not accursed and committed no punishable crime against His God. Nor even against Rome for that matter.

As a result of this civil accusation against Rome, in the sixth trial, Jesus was hung for a judgment of a civil crime and had nothing to do with Deuteronomy 21:22-- Actually the sixth event could be considered a judgement and sentence. Now as a result of this and other injustices that Pilate committed, he (Pilate) was recalled by Rome and was relieved from office. Tradition tells us that Pilate took his own life eventually.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Seede

The point I make here isn't legal, but the notion that whoever is nailed to a tree or otherwise is killed using a tree or an erect wooden structure, like a gallows-- is also somehow cursed. I'm pretty sure Friedman would argue that the part about being cursed is som sort of marginalia that has been accumulated into the text at some point. The point is, Jesus committed high treason, and he received the death penalty by Rome, not in some marvellous court, but in the town square. Apparently the Sanhedrin first had him flogged, for undisclosed reasons, typically 40 minus one lashes. Then Rome had him high, dry and cursed. This treatment by the Sanhedrin apparently left Jesus with showing clear signs of pneumothorax, or a ruptured lung, which is typically healed by piercing the chest (how we would receive [knowledge of] healing form his wound) and drain the thorax for blood and condensed water.
edit on 20-6-2016 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join