It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about Mandela Effect

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Now truth is that there is not a single shred of evidence that would confirm of such things as a consciousness/soul or a physical being shifting to alternate timelines or realities. Make no mistake, I`m not saying that this phenomena is not possible or that in fact is not happening on regular basis but so far it has only been a theory.

So regarding to the theories and hypotheses of such phenomena taking place, let`s get something straight first. To all those unable to comperhend the idea of shifting to different realities, there is a difference between soul jumping and physical jumping from a theoretical standpoint.

1. Soul jumping

The idea of soul or consciousness jump is when a persons essence or self awarness wakes up in another reality where a certain things are different to the previous reality. So there is no evidence, other than your memory, that anything has changed whatsoever. Simply because it has not happened in this reality. For example, in this reality there has been no Berenstein bears just Berenstain bears since like forever...duh. And that means that you won`t be able to find any evidence against it, not on books, not on internet, not in register and not anywhere else. Is that so hard to understand? In this reality the authors were Stan and Jan Berenstain and their predecessors were also Berenstains.

2. Physical jumping

I`m not sure how could this possibly happen but let`s assume it can and a person along with his/her belongings somehow finds a portal and jumps to a paralel universe. So this person could actually prove he/she is from another reality if one of the belongings is like a passport of a country that doesn`t exist in this reality.

Which reminds me of the Man from Taured which is probably the best documented case of possible timeline or reality shift. But the thing is that we have no evidence other than the testimonies of people involved. So were they telling the truth about what they had witnessed? Even if they did, who is to say that the man with a passport was not performing a hoax? I mean, cmon, think for a second...it was in the 50s when it happened where documents were much easier to falsify than today. He is said to had vanished from a guarded hotel room where he was detained along with the documents from a security room, yet no one ever thought of making a few copies of the documents, making pictures of the person and/or put him in a room with cameras. On top of all that, we all know that there have always been con artists walking among us, still are and always will.

Remember, this is just the theory part of it and the potential of finding a real evidence very scarce if not almost nonexistent. So now I would like to talk about the evidence proposed by those who claim that Mandela effect is a reality and can no longer be denied.

EVIDENCE PRESENTED

I personally entertain the idea of Mandela effect as a possiblity in every day`s life and even I remember certain things differently that what it is now but I won`t try to prove a point using false methodologies to collect "evidence" that supports my belief. I highlighted the evidence part because in most of the threads, the only evidence is that these people don`t know what evidence actually is.

Testimonies are hardly considered evidence in such cases because we can then find a group of 20 people saying they saw a Godzilla like creature running around, crushing buildings and killing people but that does not make it so, does it? Or the flat earth theory for example. My point is that memories do NOT prove anything, even if these are correct memories. It is all subjective.

Another such "evidence", to my disbelief, was Google search engine which applies to both google and youtube since it is owned by the same company. Do you guys even know how search engine works?

Here is a quote from another thread:

Even if the people who remember Berenstein and Mcintyre are wrong (which they are not), can we not see that Google is somehow being programmed to suppress those results and only offer results for the “new” names?

It is not suppressing any results, it will always give you an answer to a query made. So if results for Mcintyre and Berenstein exist, it will find them. But what you have to know is that people who made websites containing these keywords are talking about Mandela effect conspiracy or they have intentionally or unintentionally mistyped these keywords. So, again, this is not proof of anything other than people (that made these websites/articles) are trolling around or remembering things differently.

Simple way to prove this is to create a few websites with keywords such as Donald Trumpet for example and you`ll be talking about Mandela effect in about three months time when all of these webistes get indexed and since it is relevant to you with a history of visiting conspiracy websites, you will soon find these results and make a new thread, while the main Google profile site will still say Donald Trump.

So it leaves us with the physical evidence and my polite question, where is it? Something like the proposed Taured passport. Even if it was real, how do we know it was not forged and a story made up?

CONCLUSION

As I have said in the beginning, even if Mandela effect is real and a part of everyday`s life, there is no evidence to support the idea and all the "evidence" for it is not evidence at all. At least not the evidence we are all looking for and I would dare to say that there will be none for very a long time in the future...until, if alternate timelines/realities do exist, we make a bridge between the two and observe the differences at the same time. If proven wrong, however, mankind will know that our memories are not reliable at all and, luckily for us, we`ll be long gone when it happens

That`s it, the truth about Mandela effect. Thanks for taking the time to read
edit on 31-5-2016 by Op3nM1nd3d because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I'm not saying the mandela effect is real or not.
What i came to say is humans don't know sht so this thread is irrelevant.
3rd

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
A valiant effort my friend, but remember that the people your addressing are incapable of thinking for a second that they might be wrong about something. Instead they choose to believe that somewhere there exists a universe where their memory is infallible, and somehow they've been removed from that universe, while still remembering mundane details about it.

They now exists in a universe where people are capable of misremembering and making mistakes, and they just can't adjust. It must be horrible for them to have to be surrounded by all us flawed humans when they are used to such memory recollection perfection.

A coupe days ago a member named misssmartypants or something like that(this flawed universe memory strikes again) claimed that she knew for a fact that New Zealand had moved, and yet she couldn't remember the climate of either the current island or the one from her universe.

That's the kind of stupidity your fighting.
Good luck...
edit on 31-5-2016 by Quantumgamer1776 because: Editing

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d

the truth of the alledged " mandela effect " is really an incestuous cult of the stupid freeding on each others delusions - with the obligitory turd stirring charlatans thrown in

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Op3nM1nd3d

Truth is an imaginary precept that unenlightened minds cling to out of habit and fear of entropy. There is no truth. In my opinion. Which is, in itself, inherently flawed.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
But u guys it's the mandala effect.

edit on 31-5-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

I know that some who know better can`t be helped as their truth is the only truth. I`m fighting for those who may find the whole Mandela effect theory appealing but are still somewhat undecided. I want them to learn things for themselves and question everything they read. As soon as this is done, holes will pop up everywhere

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I chalked all of it to bad memory , Mandela, the Bernstain bears, all the others until the recent thread that mentioned the adult diapers being "depend", not "depends". You can tell me all you want that I remember it wrong but I will always remember as depends because that is wtf it was.

Just like pampers and luvs and huggies and every other diaper ever.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Well.. I clearly remember things being different along with hundreds of thousands of other people around the world.

Could it be a shift happening? Possibly.

People who clearly died and now are alive.

I remember the Snow White line being 'Mirror Mirror' on the wall not 'Magic Mirror'.

objects that were there and now gone.

4 yrs ago i had a couple of chairs outside my place, One was Black and the other Blue.

I went out one morning only to discover the Black chair was now a Brown chair, i asked other members of my family and they too were confused and weirded out by this. Clearly it was not just a memory bank overload as i wasn't the only one who witnessed this. And consequently this bothered me for months.

So my thoughts on this is, subliminal suggestion. Nothing is solid in this world.

Shift Happens.

edit on 5/31/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Another great thread about this phenomenon. It's like the reasons why that most recently there have been so much aggro from the people protesting where ever Donald Trump is speaking for his presidential nomination. A few violent protests happen and suddenly it is the norm and thus it happens every time. The ME is sort of working to the same factors.

It's probably just sirE heading another Operation Mind#.

Additional info.

“Mirror, mirror, here I stand. Who is the fairest in the land?”
― Wilhelm Grimm, Grimm's Fairy Tales
edit on 31-5-2016 by Tindalos2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I like how people point fingers and literally say "this person is stupid" because of this whole ordeal.

Yet no one who isnt experiencing this can fathom what it would be like to be on the other side of the discussion. Instead they would rather poke fun and call people childish names. For all anyone knows this is a new mental illness and some of you are sitting in your little chairs poking fun at people that very well may ill in the head.

Im almost certain i am the only person that has taken this route of explination, because i dont believe in whatever the hell a "time jump" or "reality jump" is, yet still experience this oddity of something i once knew as fact not being so.

I assumed ATS was a place to discuss things like this. Not to be riddiculed, called stupid, talked down upon, or any of the childish BS that runs rampant around here.

I dont expect, or care, for people to believe me as i can see how absurd it sounds without the assistance from the captain obvious' of the forums sprinting at the chance to declare how much they know the competency of a memory that isnt theirs.

Point being, if you dont think its real, thats fine, but you dont need to belittle people and make them feel like garbage because they are experiencing something that cannot be explained or proven.

link   
I think the geography problems might stem from simplified text books at school. Left page you have Australia on it's own (this might stem the idea that many people believe it was not so close to other land)
On the right page you have New Zealand. A child will think that both pages are a connected map and positioning new zealand in their head in a completely different location relative to Australia than it is.

I do feel annoyed at people who dismiss anyone looking into the madela effect as stupid or unwilling to admit mistakes. There will be explanations to why thousands of people would bet money on "Luke, I am your father".

It may not be anything to do with coming from different timelines but saying shut up you are all wrong isn't an explantion. I don't know why these people bother going on ATS.

link   
Tindalos2013

That's exactly what it (FNORD) and we both (FNORD) it (FNORD).

(FNORD) it.

Hail Eris.

link   

Since I don't know everything I just keep an open mind.

Reality is subjective sometimes.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Truth is an imaginary precept that unenlightened minds cling to out of habit and fear of entropy. There is no truth. In my opinion. Which is, in itself, inherently flawed.

My truth is probably different to yours but I`m pretty certain we can both agree on some points, yes? If so, that`s the truth I was talking about, the objective truth. How true this truth actually is I think is a matter of further discussion but let`s not derail this thread, ok?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Op3nM1nd3d

Derail? Wasn't the topic of your thread the "truth" about the Mandela Effect? A truth that you could not possibly possess? My point, in cased you were unable to discern it, was that there is no truth. Therefore, your assertion that you had single handedly ascertained that truth is highly unlikely.

But I could be wrong. In fact, I probably (FNORD).

Kallisti
edit on Cpm4Tuesday2520160631Tue, 31 May 2016 16:25:06 -05002016 by CagliostroTheGreat because: Eris deliver me from typos

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Vortiki

I like how people point fingers and literally say "this person is stupid" because of this whole ordeal.

Yet no one who isnt experiencing this can fathom what it would be like to be on the other side of the discussion. Instead they would rather poke fun and call people childish names. For all anyone knows this is a new mental illness and some of you are sitting in your little chairs poking fun at people that very well may ill in the head.

Im almost certain i am the only person that has taken this route of explination, because i dont believe in whatever the hell a "time jump" or "reality jump" is, yet still experience this oddity of something i once knew as fact not being so.

I assumed ATS was a place to discuss things like this. Not to be riddiculed, called stupid, talked down upon, or any of the childish BS that runs rampant around here.

I dont expect, or care, for people to believe me as i can see how absurd it sounds without the assistance from the captain obvious' of the forums sprinting at the chance to declare how much they know the competency of a memory that isnt theirs.

Point being, if you dont think its real, thats fine, but you dont need to belittle people and make them feel like garbage because they are experiencing something that cannot be explained or proven.

I understand where you are coming from and I too have experienced this effect. I clearly remember Sex in the city as well as some other things that don`t add up to this reality. But problem is that there is no way of proving it because if I had jumped to this reality, there is no evidence to be found here. Just like I have explained it in my OP.

But even though I believe this to be true, I`m open to the possibility that I don`t remember it correctly. What I would never do though, is to try and convince everyone that I`m right using tools such as search engine as evidence, not even knowing how exactly things work. Arrogance and Ignorance combined in an attempt to prove yourself and others that you are right. Nothing more, nothing less.

That`s all I`m trying to say here and if you go and re-read my OP, you`ll see that actually never said that I don`t think it`s real. Problem is that people read what they want to read, not what`s actually written.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: VortikiYet no one who isnt experiencing this can fathom what it would be like to be on the other side of the discussion. Instead they would rather poke fun and call people childish names. For all anyone knows this is a new mental illness and some of you are sitting in your little chairs poking fun at people that very well may ill in the head.obvious' of the forums sprinting at the chance to declare how much they know the competency of a memory that isnt theirs.

But the thing is, people who don't believe "the mandela theory" ARE experiencing it. "It" being the mistakes in what one thought was. So, we CAN fathom it. It's just that these people do not chalk it up to a timeline shift. I figure that I never knew what was correct in the first place or I associate it with something else. I'm very open to the idea of timeline shifts but these experiences have nothing to do with that, IMO.

The fact that these experiences are basically about three topics (spelling errors, celebrity death, geography) causes it to not scream timeline shift. As I asked in another post, what if we were asked to answer questions (even multiple choice) about the spelling of words/brands, who is alive and who isn't, and country placement? Do you not think that an alarming number of us would get the same things wrong?

Why are the experiences not many and not varied?

I've researched this topic a lot because like I said, I remember things differently too. I think that these believers have about as much evidence as I, so why are so many people diehard about it being a timeline shift? What evidence do you have that I am not seeing?

It's just becoming increasingly annoying as these mandela effect topics are everywhere!
edit on 31-5-2016 by paperdoll because: typo

edit on 31-5-2016 by paperdoll because: typo

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I agree that there is no evidence as the Mandela Effect appears to be a glitch in the matrix or a disturbance in the force. So the ME may be a parallel universe or version of reality that we find ourselves in. With just enough awareness of it to have a glimpse of it (a celebrity that we are sure died some years ago that died "again") but not be quite sure of the reality jump. Nor aware of the version of us that took any of an infinite number of timelines or realities. And the more we look at it the more real/unreal it seems.

Ow, my brain hurts.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: paperdoll

originally posted by: VortikiYet no one who isnt experiencing this can fathom what it would be like to be on the other side of the discussion. Instead they would rather poke fun and call people childish names. For all anyone knows this is a new mental illness and some of you are sitting in your little chairs poking fun at people that very well may ill in the head.obvious' of the forums sprinting at the chance to declare how much they know the competency of a memory that isnt theirs.

But the thing is, people who don't believe "the mandela theory" ARE experiencing it. "It" being the mistakes in what one thought was. So, we CAN fathom it. It's just that these people do not chalk it up to a timeline shift. I figure that I never knew what was correct in the first place or I associate it with something else. I'm very open to the idea of timeline shifts but these experiences have nothing to do with that, IMO.

The fact that these experiences are basically about three topics (spelling errors, celebrity death, geography) causes it to not scream timeline shift. As I asked in another post, what if we were asked to answer questions (even multiple choice) about the spelling of words/brands, who is alive and who isn't, and country placement? Do you not think that an alarming number of us would get the same things wrong?

Why are the experiences not many and not varied?

I've researched this topic a lot because like I said, I remember things differently too. I think that these believers have about as much evidence as I, so why are so many people diehard about it being a timeline shift? What evidence do you have that I am not seeing?

It's just becoming increasingly annoying as these mandela effect topics are everywhere!

I dont think its any sort of shift. I think its some sort of new mental illness which is why its recent and why its mostly widespread across the usa.
The only thing i am certain of is a single piece of anatomy. With no possible way to prove it, and with absolutely zero belief of some sort of "jump" i honestly think some sort of bacteria or something is affecting peoples memories.
If i had good insurance and could afford it, i would go have myself diagnosed by a psychiatrist and a physician.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join