It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SiriusXM suspends Glenn Beck after guest's Trump comments

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: masqua

When I think of Glenn Beck, I think of flying spittle.

IMO even that is too good for him...

At one time I thought he was interesting to watch, but once he went over the deep end that's where I had to tap out.

What is it specifically you don't like about Beck? I have disagreements with him on certain subjects, but I don't get to the point of hating the man.

What gives?

Are you serious? The man's insane, or gives a good impression of a man close to the edge of insane. His chalkboard rants on Fox were ridiculous. He gibbers about things that he knows nothing about and I really, genuinely, think that the man's having a mental breakdown on-air.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Idiot.

Glenn Beck and whoever produces that farce of a show, too.

You don't talk about killing people. And the Tweet Thor sent shows what a clueless moron he is.

"I mean, uh...'hypothetically speaking' of course, who's gonna ice this guy."

If i were Sirius, i'd do the same. If the shows that are licensed cannot police their own content, i'd reserve the right to do it for them by declining to carry their shows. In the world of business, that's what we call a liability.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

What is it specifically you don't like about Beck?

Mostly, his crocodile tears moment. He's either emotionally unstable, or a manipulative POS. Neither one appeals to me.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Pretty sure death threats aren't protected speech.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Beck's an idiot and a tool anyhow. But since when is it cool to start censoring speech like that??? Of all the things on XMRadio I find it hard to believe that anything on Beck's show could have been that bad to shut him down.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

His speech wasn't censored, we all know all about it. He got fired for agreeing a presidential candidate should be assassinated by an American patriot. Trump has been protected by the Secret Service and they take all death threats seriously, like Facebook. Sirius has to can him because they don't want or need a poop show.

I hope this is the beginning of the end for Beck.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: xuenchen

Beck's an idiot and a tool anyhow. But since when is it cool to start censoring speech like that??? Of all the things on XMRadio I find it hard to believe that anything on Beck's show could have been that bad to shut him down.

A death threat against Donald Trump.

For better or worse, its possible that the same thing said in a year from now would result in a Secret Service visit.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I thought it was hypothetical. I'm listening to the show now so I'll have a better idea of what's going on in a few minutes.

But I certainly won't argue that the world would be a little better off without Beck clogging up the air waves.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I dunno how it was because I will not listen to his show, nay COULD not listen it because it's so bad and I can't stand Beck's fakeness. I did however recently watch him rub his punchable face in a bowl of cheetos and I enjoyed it very much.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Ya, I saw that too. Beck and his little crew of morons that he hosts the show with should be neutered and given real jobs hunting gophers or something useful IMO.

I just listened to the part they're talking about and it didn't sound that bad to me. He was obviously speaking hypothetically and it was a "what if" type of situation that he was talking about. It wasn't a suggestion.

I realize Trump is a possible president and under protection right now but it still didn't seem that big of a deal to me. Plus this is not Public air waves either. This is Paid for Radio which usually means you can say all kinds of stuff without it being off limits. Maybe it's just me though. But it didn't seem like a threat to me when I heard it.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

What is it specifically you don't like about Beck? I have disagreements with him on certain subjects, but I don't get to the point of hating the man.

There is no specific thing that did it...I just don't care to listen to what he has to say anymore, and I guarantee there are many just like me that just got tired of him.

It's hard for me to hate someone I have never met

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

It's hard for me to hate someone I have never met

You are right.

But when that someone frequently spits while screaming into a microphone, it makes it a whole lot easier.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

But when that someone frequently spits while screaming into a microphone, it makes it a whole lot easier.

Hard to hate a guy that cries, but much easier to laugh at what he has become.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Glen Beck outed Himself as controlled opposition when He torpedoed Debra Medina's campaign.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

What is it specifically you don't like about Beck?

Mostly, his crocodile tears moment. He's either emotionally unstable, or a manipulative POS. Neither one appeals to me.

If I am not mistaken, Beck had a severe alcohol problem in his early years. Think it's possible he has relapsed?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Amazingly, some of those chalkboard rants proved to be prophetic. Beck predicted the Arab Spring and the formation and rise of ISIS, along with the attempt to reform their caliphate years before any of it started making mainstream news.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

who knows. and who knows if that was even true.

its entertainment. they try to craft a product that consumers will buy. becks crying and emotional histrionics seem to indicate that he is willing to go a little further than you or I to get someone (anyone) to buy his product.

My general rule: i try to listen for the folks who are speaking quietly and confidently. I ignore the folks who have to shout.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Fair enough.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

With a net worth on $250 million he is giving the public what they want.

I listen sporadically mainly due to his boy who cries wolf act. I seem to recall him crying wolf about winter coats not being available at affordable prices a few winters back and of course the great rice shortage of 2012 that never happened. When I listen now it is just junk food for my ears.

sasonal

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join