It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

back to lurking

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: frenchfries

Grow a thicker skin, or you'll never make it anywhere you go.

I think it's more akin to...

"I just rather not deal with the frustration".

I get what the OP is saying. It's better to just leave angry people alone who just want to piss and paint over everything. Why bother? It's not about having thick skin or being a victim of a pushover. It's just simply walking away from things that always put up a resistance to anything and everything. It's like walking a path barefoot with less sharp stones on it.

When I first came to ATS. It seemed like a very friendly place where you could post your views and actually discuss them. Now everything seems to be a pounce on someone. If you discuss God... You're a bigot and a crazy person who should be locked up. If you discuss Aliens... No one says anything. If you discuss really far out ideas... You're an idiot.

Too many people here seem to only want to argue or call you names or simply destroy the character to any idea you may have. You can simply present something to this forum as general news or a discussion and people are so quick to set it smoldering.

It's almost like saying "FIRST". It's a race to see who can bash the OP first for some stupid stars. Yeah.. they don't mean anything, but to trolls and aholes.. it means people agree with them, thus lifting them and their egos up.

The only reason I actually even log in anymore is to get away from the stupid J.V. videos on every single thread. I even said that I wouldn't post here anymore but the OP was dead on target.

Not only the content, but the rotten tomatoes throwers at ATS are really pitiful these days. I WANT to see far out ideas. I WANT to read about weird $#!^. THAT's what ATS was. I want to think outside the box. I want to disconnect from the real world and daydream about WHAT IF. Simply put, the aholes here on ATS wont let you. I get it... Deny ignorance. That's not the only theme on ATS but now days, it seems to be, yet it's the ignorant who are quoting it every 2 seconds.

edit on 31-5-2016 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Well I think it's election season and so things naturally heat up, and also this is a particularly strange and sometimes violent election. So politics rule the day, i suspect after January of next year we will get back into the U.S is taking over the world plots, and the Illuminati, along with aliens ect . He's talking about the Mandela effect thread he made specifically, which i my self remember Billy Graham dying and that one has never sat well with me, though I have yet to embrace extremes to explain it, im also willing to be criticized, but if i took an extreme position with a sure conclusion of course people will counter that, in fact people counter hard core skeptics who also seem to think we exist in a world where missing socks do not occur, nor the strange and inexplicable. With that said, yes there are assholes occasionally I can be my self, a thick skin does help with these things and context, I believe this time on ATS will pass and we will get back to the meat and bones. Thanks for replying brother
edit on 31-5-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Don't pay much attention to those that give you a hard time here. I also first came here to read about things that caught my interest and to talk about things that you can't anywhere else, with respect. You can't really do that without seeing a whole bunch of needless, hateful posts putting people down if they don't agree with the poster. I get tired of it too. It's really nothing to do with having 'thick skin' I just don't feel like having conversations that are full of unnecessary rudeness and smart arse comments. If you want to have a respectful conversation with someone about any topic that's important to you, you can pm me.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: StallionDuck

Well I think it's election season and so things naturally heat up, and also this is a particularly strange and sometimes violent election. So politics rule the day, i suspect after January of next year we will get back into the U.S is taking over the world plots, and the Illuminati, along with aliens ect . He's talking about the Mandela effect thread he made specifically, which i my self remember Billy Graham dying and that one has never sat well with me, though I have yet to embrace extremes to explain it, im also willing to be criticized, but if i took an extreme position with a sure conclusion of course people will counter that, in fact people counter hard core skeptics who also seem to think we exist in a world where missing socks do not occur, nor the strange and inexplicable. With that said, yes there are assholes occasionally I can be my self, a thick skin does help with these things and context, I believe this time on ATS will pass and we will get back to the meat and bones. Thanks for replying brother

Anytime my friend. Always a pleasure to respond or be responded to by you. You've always been level headed and BS free

edit on 31-5-2016 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I feel like I was right behind You when You typed your Rant.

ATS at times feels like it has been infiltrated by Children. (Maybe it has?!)

Some of those Children are probaby in the age bracket of where a 'child' rests. Some of those children are grown ups, (Physically), over 18 and maybe up to late 70's?

I laugh at them silently here at home most of the time, when I see some of the garble that is posted on these pages...

Don't let 'em get to Ya!!

Syx...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join