It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump: Illegals treated better than US veterans

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Technomancer01

No not high ranking. Just injured . These are our closest friends and both get benefits. They do get dental Jack just got dentures.
There is a very big VA center and hospital near us. It's still an all day thing. Like I said not perfect but there for them.

My husband is a veteran, recently retired, and with some disability. No, we do NOT get dental care. Nor optical. We have to go off post for medical care, or travel out of town to a crappy VA facility, where you can't even get an appointment for months, literally. The care offered by the VA stinks. What you get while active isn't great, as far as that's concerned. Over 20 years in - I KNOW better.

The OP is correct; vets are screwed over, receiving far less than illegal invaders.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: syrinx high priest

Most vets I know don't even use the VA because its such a horrible service.

You obviously don't know me because, once you get past the beaureaucrats, the actual medical proviers are caring, hard-working, nice doctors, nurses and therapists. The administrators tend to be petty politicking aparatchniks lost in a multi-layered feual system. The docs are great.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
how would trump know?
he bottled serving his country by draft dodging.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
He's not wrong. this is a national shame

not if it's a lie.......it's just Trump doing a little fear mongering and "we vs. them" propaganda...

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I didn't say you did but my friend certainly did. Should I get a photo of his bridge for you along with his VA paperwork?.
You're pretty much saying I'm lying and that's wrong. He got his dentures through the VA he didn't take a hit in the mouth he has gum disease and lost a few teeth. He got two because his dog chewed one.
I'm not a vet. I am also not a liar. This is true. Make of it what you will.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: F4guy

I asked my friends last night over front porch beers what their biggest complaint was and they said under staffing. They feel like you that the doctors and nurses are good caring individuals but that they are spread thin. This dept needs more funding and better organisation.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

You sure? Because judging by the posts on this thread, I'm under the impression that Trump has got a point.

If US is anything like basically most of other countries, they don't treat their veterans good. I've had a hard time understanding why do countries treat their veterans like crap at first, but then I realized something. They don't give a flying duck about us. All we are to them is just a means in getting their interests accomplished, you get a honor for your service, and then its good luck buddy, you are on your own.

Disgusting.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The only way you'd would get me to go to war, or even pick up a gun to fight for this country, you'd have to pay me billions of dollars. That way I won't ever have to work for anyone else ever again for the rest of my life. I want a brand new house, filled with brand new #, a car that no one else can buy, and a ticket to any destination that I desire to go. While also being able to drive what ever car I want.

Basically what I am saying is what everyone else thought about when they went to war. "I am going to be filthy rich if I survive this #!"

I'm not saying this is why they are living on poverty but these were the exact same thoughts running through my mind when I went to go sign up for a war. But I answered a question wrong and now I can never get a government job again.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I retired after 20 years in the Navy. I'd rather let gangrene take a limb than go to the VA. Oh wait, SAME THING.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I didn't say you did but my friend certainly did. Should I get a photo of his bridge for you along with his VA paperwork?.
You're pretty much saying I'm lying and that's wrong. He got his dentures through the VA he didn't take a hit in the mouth he has gum disease and lost a few teeth. He got two because his dog chewed one.
I'm not a vet. I am also not a liar. This is true. Make of it what you will.

I am saying that veterans don't necessarily have such coverage. In the case of your friends, they likely pay for that. We could PAY and get it, but the cost is prohibitive. It's not free, in any case. link I didn't say you lied; I said we don't get that for free. That's a fact.

Dependents don't even get dental care free when the service member is active. You have to pay for any coverage, and even then, there is a lot of out-of-pocket expense.

Illegals can have anything they need for free, no bills, no plans, just paid by taxpayers. That's the point of Trump's comments, and he's correct.

I am a vet, and married to a retired vet.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: GiulXainx

I was very very close to someone who died in the Afghanistan war, and I will guarantee you money was not a factor as to why he joined the military, knowing he would go to war in Afghanistan. You can say well 9/11 was the government's plan or whatever, but the men and women who joined, did so because our nation was under direct attack by terrorists, and they were willing to give their lives so that other of their countrymen and women would not die.

Maybe you need lots of money for that, but thank God not everyone does.

edit on 1-6-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: GiulXainx

originally posted by: GiulXainx
Basically what I am saying is what everyone else thought about when they went to war. "I am going to be filthy rich if I survive this #!"

I disagree. Perhaps that was your thought and maybe people you knew/know or your/their speculation/s, but that doesn't mean it's a 100% truth of everyone's reason for joining.
When I enlisted, I never thought what you said and neither did my buds. Money was never a factor for our joining.

originally posted by: Kitana
I was very very close to someone who died in the Afghanistan war, and I will guarantee you money was not a factor as to why he joined the military, knowing he would go to war in Afghanistan.

Kitana, I'm sorry for the loss of your friend; my condolences.

originally posted by: Kitana
... but the men and women who joined, did so because our nation was under direct attack by terrorists, and they were willing to give their lives so that other of their countrymen and women would not die.

Maybe you need lots of money for that, but thank God not everyone does.

Well said. Thank you!

As for the va, etc., I agree mostly with what F4guy said:

originally posted by: F4guy
You obviously don't know me because, once you get past the beaureaucrats, the actual medical proviers are caring, hard-working, nice doctors, nurses and therapists. The administrators tend to be petty politicking aparatchniks lost in a multi-layered feual system. The docs are great.

I'm service-connected (am disabled). For me, the vast majority of the medical providers have been outstanding; I do not expect 100% of them to be... that is unrealistic. The administrative side's treatment, eh... not so. The blaming, guilt tripping, false accusations, headgames... no. Not needed.
-------
To Sillyolme
(I'm not being argumentive, etc.)
As for the dental issue, my injuries are not regarding that, so I'm not sc (service-connected) for dental. Another way I'd qualify for dental is if I was rated 100%.
Could the va have deemed your friend's dental connected to his sc condition/injury? If so, maybe that?
Or maybe your friend has 100%?
Just thoughts is all.
There might some useful info here for you:
VA Dental
As for spreading the caring medical staff thin, I think that might depend on locations, too.
I agree that they need better organization & funding.

edit on 2016 6 6 by oldme because: wording fix

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I spent 7 years in the military, mid 80's, never left the US, never saw combat. I rely on the VA for medical care due to my economic status, and have had nothing but the best care. In fact am scheduled for surgery on Wednesday. I am one of the fortunate ones, I have several major VA medical centers and clinics withing an hours drive of my home. Does the VA have issues, yes it does, can it be fixed, I believe it can, but am not smart enough to share the answers.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join