It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump: Illegals treated better than US veterans

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Illegal immigrants in the US often get better care than the nation's military veterans, Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has said.
"We're not going to allow that to happen any longer," he told a bikers' rally in Washington DC.

Mr Trump did not provide any evidence for his assertion.

Last year, the billionaire sparked anger by attacking the military record of Senator John McCain, a former prisoner of war.
Donald Trump: Illegals treated better than US veterans

Is it possible that the above fact stems from the elite's view of the military?

“Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy.” - Henry Kissinger

I've always wondered how the military could stay loyal considering that comment. If my employer said that to me, I would be gone ASAP.

As far as the politics of treating illegals immigrants so well, I wonder if it has to do with the possibility that they may be good for the economy.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Well, when I got out of the military being a vet made it a lot harder to get a job.

I eventually took it off my resume and my job search got easier. This was before 2008. Now it's easier theres been a massive shift culturally towards getting vets jobs.
edit on 5/30/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
He's not wrong. this is a national shame

+3 more 
posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

Most vets I know don't even use the VA because its such a horrible service.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Anyone with ANY doubt as to the validity of this should spend a few days visiting each floor of their closest V.A. hospital. Observe.

To vets everywhere....THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Trumps right, they are.

So what's he going to do about it?

Last I checked, Trump was giving illegals not veterans jobs to build his properties, while making a big show about giving veterans charities money. Then behind the scenes telling the vets he's not giving them anything.
edit on 30-5-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
A flag and a star for that one...

Mr.Trump looks like Santa compared to Henry Kissinger.

A nasty example of how Policy has become separated from Politics.

+1 more 
posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Trumps right, they are.

Last I checked, Trump was giving illegals not veterans jobs to build his properties, while making a big show about giving veterans charities money. Then behind the scenes telling the vets he's not giving them anything.

1) He hired a Contractor who hired a DOZEN Illegals over 30 years ago. He does not hire Illegals...knowingly.

2) The final paperwork for the Veterans who were the recipients isn't even submitted yet. And already 4 million roughly has been accounted for.

+8 more 
posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Vets signed up to give their lives for the country - there is no higher honor and sacrifice a human can give.

The way the US government treats their Military personnel and in particular their Vets really tells you all you need to know about them. We all know that the US government has previously sanctioned illegal experimentation on US soldiers whilst on active duty so if they treat soldiers like that you start to understand why they don't give a sh*t about Vets.

The US governments treatment of illegal immigrants when compared to their treatment of Vets only reinforces the premise that the US government has their priorities assbackwards.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Trump should know he has employed both!

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Trumps right, they are.

Trump is not even potus yet.

What has Obama done for them is the important question.

Oh right, that's why Trump said what he did, never mind.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Here is the top of the list result using the search term: "Trump hotel full of Romanians" because the Romanians are known the world over for their hospitality skills.

www.nytimes.com...

There is also a thread in which Mr. Trump denies "Climate Change" yet is worried about His Scottish golf course being swamped by water...

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Hillary doesn't have a history with vets.
Bernie was on the senate veterans affairs Committee when so many vets died just waiting for treatment.

Trumps got the right approach.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Trump is not even potus yet.

What has Obama done for them is the important question.

Oh right, that's why Trump said what he did, never mind.

Obama's done nothing for them. Now how are we going to fix that?

Perhaps it has to do with individual attitudes towards vets? Like the individuals who hire illegals or bring in temporary workers when it's within their power to give those jobs to vets instead?

We have three candidates for president right now. One holds vets in contempt, one was part of the VA bureaucracy that mistreats them, and one trots them out for show but then tells them to get lost when it really counts. How do you propose we fix that?
edit on 30-5-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I see its another jerkle cirk in here. What exactly does trump offer as proof. I seem to recall immigrants also fight for this country as well.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Looselungjones2

I seem to recall immigrants also fight for this country as well.

Not illegal ones.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Great, a thread based on what Donald Trump says and what a man born in 1923 may have said in thw '70s. Yet another great one here! /sarc

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Trumps right, they are.

True. That is the point. Everyone knows Vets have not been treated well. Every candidate says they will treat them better.

Trump suppoters will have selective reading on that.
edit on 31-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Yeah its really crap. Its like prisoners get luxury. .. homeless people offend to to get shelter; something not right there!

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Trumps right, they are.

He'll bloviate about it. And let me tell you something - it's going to be YUUUUUGGGGEEEE!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join