It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discussion about Jeffrey T. Richelson editing 60 Area 51 documents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Jeffrey T. Richelson is the one who made Area 51 officially public. He submitted a request using the FOIA in 2005 and years later received a map and documents. He edited what he received and released 60 documents to the National Security Archives in 2013.

Why did it take 8 years to get the documents? Why are the documents edited?

Why is Hilary Clinton and Jonathan Podesta not satisfied with the 60 documents that have been released? Maybe because Jeffrey T Richelson was only doing his own research for his books? Did Jeffrey T. Richelson receive more than 60 documents or is this the only information that is safe for the public? In some of the documents it plainly writes this information has been made public because the engineering practices are quite common. The last document is dated 2009, Area 51 has been operational all along and probably is still operational, and may have been the ones who located and captured Osama Bin Laden.

How do we know these documents are even from Area 51 to begin with? There are documents about Desert Storm, so we were launching fighter jets out of Area 51? Another thing is Lockheed Martin built the F-117 so obviously Lockheed Martin employees were some of the engineers and mathematicians at Area 51. When you google Lockheed Martin and Area 51 all you get is Boyd Bushman, who was a well known conspiracy theorist whom has many youtube videos and books whistleblowing aliens and UFO's at Area 51. Boyd Bushman past away in 2014. Another Lockheed Martin whistleblower is Don Phillips who is part of the Disclosure Project and has a few video interviews.

Ben Rich was the former President and CEO of Lockheed Martin and past away in 1995. Jan Harzan, MUFON's International Director has made a major claim that during an alumni event in 1993 Ben Rich told people that "we now have the technology to take ET home." This was at UCLA where they both attended engineering school but at different years. Supporting this story is Tom Keller who was also at the event. A space, defense and aviation author James Goodall also claims to have received the same story from Ben Rich right before Ben's passing.

Jeffrey T. Richelson also does research on the Nuclear Emergency Support Team (NEST), "a secret government agency that responds to nuclear terrorism threats." Tom Delonge has said in interviews that NEST is who the government sends out to recover crashed saucers. How much do you think Jeffrey T. Richelson knows? Do you think Tom Delonge has reached out to Jeffery T Richelson? In addition Jeffrey T Richelson has not made statements about the discoveries made by Gary McKinnon, whom you would think he would since he is an author of spying and intelligence, and a big supporter of declassification.

Only 60 documents and a few projects, there must be a lot more. If they are building flying saucers than having Area 51 appear to the Soviets as working on top secret aircraft would be a pretty smart cover up. Too bad this isn't a concern for author Jeffrey T Richelson, National Security Archive senior fellow who has his own agenda with his books. From 1982-2009 he has written 18 books. Some UFO files have been made public and many have acknowledged the existence of UFO's. Since Area 51 is keeping their mouth shut and in total denial, it's obvious they are hiding something.

The basic summary of the documents released are as follows:

Basic documents commenting on general security of the area.

Documents pertaining to photographs of Area 51 taken by SKYLAB

A number of documents about the F-117

A number of documents about covertly acquiring Soviet MiG's

A few more documents about stealth craft.

Links:

National Security Archive - Area 51
Space.com on Area 51 released documents
CNN report on Area 51 documents
ATS thread on authenticity of Ben Rich quote
Live Science article about Area 51 documents
Jeffrey T Richelson wiki page
Ben Rich wiki page
Tom Keller's Amazon page
Coast to Coast AM Jeffery T. Richelson
edit on 30-5-2016 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Sorry to bump my own thread I don't care that nobody commented but I'm really surprised no one wants to talk about Area 51? Really? Everyone thinks that everything that happened at Area 51 has been revealed? You have to be kidding me...I'm kind of shocked at ATS to be honest...what happened to this place...

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Sorry. I didn't see this thread earlier.

Jeff Richelson is not the first to make Area 51 public. The government did that decades ago.

The very first mention in public was when the CIA had the Atomic Energy Commission (AEC) issue a carefully crafted statement to the news media. An AEC spokesman announced construction of the Groom Lake airfield to the press on May 18, 1955. The news release was distributed to 18 media outlets in Nevada and Utah including a dozen newspapers, four radio stations, and two television stations. The words "Groom Lake" were not specifically included (though they had been included in the original draft), but were later added to follow-up information provided to reporters. Under the heading, "Watertown Project," Nevada Test Site information booklets provided to the media in the late 1950s noted that during 1955, "construction of a small facility at Watertown, in the Groom Lake area at the northeast corner of the Test Site, was announced." This was before the designation "Area 51" had been created.

After a C-54 transport plane crashed on Mt. Charleston in November 1955, Las Vegas Review Journal (LVRJ) reporter Dennis Schiek speculated that it might have been heading to “Groom Lake, a top secret base…some 115 miles northwest” of Las Vegas. Another LVRJ article, two days later, stated unequivocally that the C-54 was “bound for the super-secret ‘proving grounds within the proving grounds’ – Groom Dry Lake.”

An LVRJ article on September 17, 1959, announced that “sheet metal workers needed at the Groom Lake Project 51 in the Nevada Test Site are constructing a butler-type building.” An AEC spokesman said that the building would be used to “house data reduction equipment for use by Edgerton, Germeshausen, and Grier (EG&G) in an Air Force program.”

In September 1967, a front-page LVRJ headline announced, “Super-Secret Base Jet Crash Kills Pilot,” and the accompanying article revealed that the crash site was within what was “known to Nevada Test Site workers as Area 51…the same area where the Air Force developed and tested the U-2 spy plane and its successor, the SR-71.”

Ned Day wrote a 1979 editorial for the LVRJ asking, "What's going on at that secret test site base?" He used the terms "Area 51" and "Groom Lake," and mentioned that "a couple of years ago, KLAS-TV reported the existence of Area 51."

These are just a few examples that I could find quickly. There are probably many others. I think it's funny that just six months after construction of the base was announced - and in such an innocuous way - it had already become an object of mystery and folklore. Up until about 1978, Area 51 appeared on official Nevada Test Site maps, which were freely available to the general public from the AEC (later renamed the Department of Energy, or DOE).

Over the past 20 years or more, the DOE and the CIA have declassified thousands of pages of documents about and from Area 51. Many of the DOE documents were never classified in the first place. Nevada Test Site newsletters, which were unclassified, often mentioned Area 51 (new Area 51 telephone numbers, Area 51 sports team scores, etc.). In September 2010, the CIA declassified the fact of the agency's association with Area 51, which cleared the way for releasing documents in which the term Area 51 was no longer redacted. In many of the previously released documents, CIA censors failed to redact all mentions of the term Area 51.

As to Jan Harzan's "major claim" about Ben Rich, that is highly questionable. Ben never actually said that "we have the technology to take E.T. home." Harzan attended a lecture by Rich that took place at UCLA in 1993. During the presentation, Rich showed about two-dozen slides highlighting many of the aircraft he had worked on, and dropped hints about projects not yet revealed to the public. Toward the end he discussed the F-117A and YF-22, as well as continuing efforts in the development of advanced aircraft technologies that he could not discuss. Rich then showed his final slide, a picture of a disk-shaped craft – the classic “flying saucer” – flying into a partly cloudy sky with a burst of sunlight in the background. “Unfortunately, I cannot tell you what we have been doing for the last 10 years,” he said, “but, I can tell you about a contract we recently received. The Skunk Works has been assigned the task of getting E.T. back home.” It was a standard joke that he included in nearly every one of his presentations sine April 1983, after "E.T. the Extraterrestrial" became one of the most popular movies of all time. Harzan didn't get the joke. He thought Rich was serious.

Having spent more than 30 years researching the history of Area 51 through many thousands of pages of documents, hundreds of photographic and motion picture images, and scores of interviews with people who actually worked there (at every level from mechanics to base commanders), I can tell you with some assurance that Area 51 never had anything to do with UFOs, extraterrestrials, or flying saucers. It has been, and continues to be, a premier facility for testing and evaluation of advanced aircraft and weapon systems.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadowhawk

Can you provide some links? Did you miss the part where I reference and link the thread where the whole "We can take ET back home quote" originated from and in that thread it has the side of the story you mentioned? Where is the proof of that side of the story?

You interviewed people who worked there? How? Are you a published author? What was your reasoning for interviewing scores of people who worked at Area 51? How are you certain without a shadow of a doubt that there was no extraterrestrial research or activity at Area 51? Your post is just a story too.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

Can you provide some links? Did you miss the part where I reference and link the thread where the whole "We can take ET back home quote" originated from and in that thread it has the side of the story you mentioned? Where is the proof of that side of the story?

You interviewed people who worked there? How? Are you a published author? What was your reasoning for interviewing scores of people who worked at Area 51? How are you certain without a shadow of a doubt that there was no extraterrestrial research or activity at Area 51? Your post is just a story too.

Ben Rich," we can take ET home."

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

You can find the true origin of Ben Rich's E.T. quote on pages 17-19 of SUNlite, volume 5, no.6. Here is a link.

www.astronomyufo.com...

Ben's talks were scripted. I have used the same technique myself whenever I needed to provided a great deal of information to my audience in the most accurate and efficient manner within a limited allotment of time. What is important her is that copies of Ben's scripts from a number of his lectures have been preserved in a library along with his personal papers, so it is possible to understand the context of his E.T. quote.

Over the years I have had both social and professional interactions with a great many former (and in some cases current) Area 51 personnel. I count many of them among my friends. I have also worked with several Area 51 veterans organizations to preserve their history through books, articles, lectures, and museum exhibits. I don't simply rely on what people tell me about what goes on at Area 51. I cross-check and verify as many details as humanly possible, and I know how to vet my sources.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Of the craft you know they built, don't you think there is craft you didn't know they built? Don't you think there is craft they don't want you to know they built? If there is craft so advanced they don't want you to know they have it, how much more advanced can you get than what we have? What technology could be more advanced that the fastest and most stealth jet right now? How do you think they got the technology and knowledge to make such advanced craft?

top topics

join