It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Eye for an Eye in the Islamic Republic of Iran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

If this is true its not only an Iranian its from the biblical times of the Hebrews the eye for an eye comes from so hyou can't nit-pick just Iran - what do the Saudi's do in this case?

This is a terrible one to think about because no decent person would stoop so low but its a very wicked and spiteful crime. In the town I lived in someone targeted women with acid attacks. I seem to remember when they were caught they got a short sentence, halved and out on the streets again.

We don't punish hard enough - Iran punishes hard in our view - but actually are either right or should punishment for this particularly nasty crime no deserve something we gave up on which is solitary confinement for a period time and then hard therapy until there is a chance they won't resort to this behaviour again? I don't know except that we are out of kilter.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Let me guess you want to "free" them like Iraq?.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   

The doctor should not do it. The victim should do it. Do not break the golden rule if you do not want to face the backlash.

The problem with Iran is when they do not follow the golden rule since Muhammad was a very bad teacher of the golden rule. But in this instance they got it right. They are also right about usury.

Pushing karma retribution is pushing awareness on how to not behave and the consequences. You have to be a very high degree of stupidity/insanity to blind a person with acid when you are going to face the same judgement back at you. Direct karma forces souls to be careful of others since making a mistake/insanity has consequences.

Empathy for the predators and not the victim only encourages more bad behavior.
edit on 31-5-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

What a terrible situation altogether.

As far as ATS'ers who find a need for judging others, does anyone remember the phrase that had something to do with "cast the first stone.." Just wondering.

If I threw a stone at another being then I should have a stone thrown at me. The same thing about acid attack. If I break the golden rule then I deserve the punishment. If another soul breaks the golden rule then they deserve the punishment. No hypocrisy.

You do not stone an adulterer since it is not the mirror behavior to adultery. Stoning an adulterer is breaking the golden rule.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

not even worth replying to.......

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Well what would you do?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

you can't nit-pick just Iran
Where did you PULL that comment from..................So i WROTE the story, grow up mate.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Well, living in a muslim country for nearly 20 years i CANNOT stand the religion, what it teaches and what it represents. So i would do nothing you may think i would....

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

So what would you do then?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   

If there is undeniable proof that you did it then why the hell not, the moment you commit such a vile crime you are fair game as far as i am concerned. What about the human rights of the victim ???? were the guilty thinking of that, you can bet your life they were not.

The trouble with this world of late if human rights and the fools spouting that everyone is entitled to them. Commit a crime expect to be punished swiftly and to a degree of that equal to the crime committed that's the way it should be, i can almost guarantee crime rate would fall world wide if there was equal consequence to the original action.

If you show disregard for another human being's rights then yours should also be forfeit.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: tommo39

Well, living in a muslim country for nearly 20 years i CANNOT stand the religion, what it teaches and what it represents. So i would do nothing you may think i would....

What is your impression on the Sufi:s?

Is Maajid Nawaz a voice of reason for you to promote a more harmonious behavior from Muslims towards all including their women?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Do you mean people on ATS should be judging others and calling for revenge? That's pretty silly, yourself.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown
a reply to: Raggedyman

Do you mean people on ATS should be judging others and calling for revenge? That's pretty silly, yourself.

Were they my words or a lazy Ill thought out interpretation

Go back and have another read
I would accuse anyone else reading my words and understanding them that way in a derogatory way
I won't here, irrespective, that's lazy and arrogant
Hop to it, read, understand, use your brain, at least try

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
To be honest, any form of state sanctioned punishment like this - including capital - is an affront to humanity. This type of revenge punishment should have been left behind when these countries decided to lift themselves out of the Middle Ages. Except in may respect they have not really lifted themselves out, have they?

While I think that convicted criminals need to be punished, incarcerated and where possible reformed, I cannot agree to some of the comments above that support Iranian criminal practices.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

The highway to hell is paved with good intentions.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: tommo39

Five people are in prison in Iran awaiting blinding with acid as punishment as the regime struggles to find a doctor to perform the procedure.
Yes of course, as any doctor who performs this barbaric act will go against their Hippocratic Oath.

Iran has a law of retribution called qisas, under which punishments are designed to match the crime that was perpetrated. In cases where criminals have blinded people by throwing acid into their faces, the Iranian regime metes out the same fate to the criminal.
I could not care less what religious laws they practice, but this inhumane act is against all that Human Rights stand for. And people please don't post: "I don't live their, so it's not my worry" as seen on many posts of late.....www.clarionproject.org...
National Council of Resistance in Iran (NCRI) belongs to MKO (mujahideen khalgh organization) which is a terrorist organization who has massacred 17000 Iranian people and was on the list of terrorist organizations even by USA until they decided they need a new puppet to mess with Iran .

so sorry if i take your side of story with a grain of salt and stick to the news outlets inside Iran .

there have been some cases of Acid-throwing in Iran in which most of them resulted in massive jail time but some of them like this case :

www.farsnews.com...

was deemed as a terror act and was punished by execution . of course the victim in this case withdrew his compliant and the now- terrorist - was instead convicted for the public disturbance and went to jail for a long time .

these crimes are punishable by death in Iran :

Opium smuggling - Rape - murder -kidnapping - armed robbery .

and of course these measures have prevented these things to happen in Iran :

abcnews.go.com...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

144 attacks in 1 year !! thats just toooo much

top topics

<< 1   >>

join