It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70% of Americans 'feel frustrated' about presidential election – poll

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Lots of people not feeling right about this year's elections.

Many are confused and in bewilderment.

A poll has only a few people feeling comfortable.

One big "fear" is the possibility that votes won't be counted correctly !!!

Many feel "helpless".

This is an odd election this time.

What is YOUR biggest problem (if any) ?

70% of Americans 'feel frustrated' about presidential election – poll

Just a handful of Americans view the 2016 presidential election through rose-colored spectacles, the latest poll has found. Seven in 10 people say they feel frustrated with it, while over half, including majorities in both parties, are angry and helpless.

About one-quarter say they have hardly any confidence that their votes will be counted accurately, a poll by the AP-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research has revealed. As much as 55 percent, including majorities from Democrats and Republicans, say they feel totally helpless about the ongoing election.

Only eight percent of Americans say they have a great deal of confidence in the Republican Party, and 15 percent – in the Democratic Party. Similarly, just 29 percent of Democrats and 16 percent of Republicans have any confidence in their own political parties.

Just 13 percent say they are proud about the election, 37 percent feel hopeful, and three in 10 say they are already bored.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

My choices for the two main parties will either be a criminal or a reality TV game show host.

Libertarians may get my vote this year.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
and probably 50% of those polled will still go vote for an R or a D...

Until we stop rubber stamping the criminals we will only get criminals.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
and probably 50% of those polled will still go vote for an R or a D...

They all will, if you read the article, their frustrations are about how their votes will be counted; not about the candidates.

The apathy and "Third parties cant win/pointless vote" mentalities take over in this country and most people don't participate. The number of eligible voters who do vote on election day is a small fraction of all eligible voters in this country, and a number only larger than the number of eligible voters who vote in midterms and other non-presidential elections.

"the people" still choose. The country gets its sock puppet, every body finds something trivial to complain about.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
My biggest issue with this election is that we have a bunch of clowns running for president. If these candidates are the best we can do then we are truly and well #ed.

We've got two narcissistic blow hards leading the pack, neither are fit to be president yet we have droves of sheep behind them hanging on to their every word and refusing to see them for what they truly are: establishment goons waiting to take our rights away as soon as they're in office.

We are fooled every election, this one will be no different. People are so gullible.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

What is YOUR biggest problem (if any) ?

They have to stop calling the POTUS "the leader of the free world" unless they're going to give the rest of the free world a legitimate vote.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Yep, I feel bad about this election. It's either Trump or Clinton or Johnson. I don't like any of them really. I might have to be drunk to make the name look better on the ballot.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

We've got two narcissistic blow hards leading the pack, neither are fit to be president yet we have droves of sheep behind them hanging on to their every word and refusing to see them for what they truly are: establishment goons waiting to take our rights away as soon as they're in office.

Thus the very close-minded savior mentality that infects the herd mentality of the common person. When it's broadcast as frequently as these things are, it become parasitic even more quickly.

And then we're screwed again.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Great attitude eh.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Ok... Have to laugh at that.

It's the only way to be sure...

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
And yet one of these two Yahoo's are going to be the next President.

Talk about a "None of the Above" election...2016 is it.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
My biggest issue with this election is that we have a bunch of clowns running for president. If these candidates are the best we can do then we are truly and well #ed.

We are fooled every election, this one will be no different. People are so gullible.

Thing is the droves don't make the difference..or do they? but not as per the pollster figures. As with every presidential election in the US, the majority vote is the winner, the winning majority vote is only 218...that's all.

I would say that those frustrated ones know and understand they are snookered every which way, whatever they do.
Whoever wins, will execute a novel government. Add to that, the vulnerable voting procedure, makes the idea of a coalition pretty much a non-event by virtue of those 218 votes, those also being a non-event.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

Ditto, sad to say.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

What I take away from that, is that the majority of Republicans feel angry, helpless, and frustrated with Trump.

+50,000 more votes for him?

Edit: I happen to be in that small group that's not upset with the choices. I don't have any obsessive hate for either Trump or Clinton and would more likely than not vote for one over the other (though I'm not sure which yet). Bernie is still in the race though and I'm happy with him, so I see no reason to be upset with anything.
edit on 30-5-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I don't have an obsessive hate for any of the candidates either, but that can't make me like any of them.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Feeling pretty annoyed that the democratic uppers have already picked their 'chosen one' Clinton. And the media is being ran by money hoarders--and pushing Bernie to the sidelines is also not cool, and he is better equipped to handle Trump than Hillary who in my opinion, is so damaged with the population in the way of her image, that there is no way she is going to be elected at the very end. And yeah, the poster up there talking about criminal vs, reality star? Hit it right on the head. :/ This just isn't fair.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I can't believe that number isn't way higher. All the candidates are TERRIBLE. I seriously have no idea what I'm going to do. Went from liking Sanders to Trump to Johnson and now I'm back at Trump just because I think it will be hysterical and the president doesn't really do anything anyway.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I'm currently sitting at Trump too. That's going to be a heck of a hangover.

But it can't be worse than Obama, and if it is, at least Congress won't hesitate to impeach. Trump doesn't have immunity like Obama did.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I'm not an American...but the level of frustration with US elections is similar to when turning on the TV and seeing Big Brother or Kardashians.

True champions of what is worse about the human race.

No offense intended towards American people.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join