It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catering to the minorities/groups is not good for the country.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: CynConcepts

originally posted by: deadlyhope
Basically the title says it all - I truly believe we've gone way too far to "represent" the minorities of this country ( USA )

I'm just gonna mention my mom's friend in a wheelchair.

To vote, he had to arrange to get several strong men to carry him and his wheelchair up the county steps - - - because at that time, that's where his voting precinct voted. There were no accommodations for the disabled.

Take care of yourself or you're plain outta luck. Deal with it.

Now - - do not tell me this man or his circumstance is the exception.

Can't pick and choose.

No, I don't believe he is an exception, but he found a way to get to where he needed to vote without a law, didn't he? So much compassion and empathy becomes loss when individuals begin to say, 'I don't need to help, there are laws that will do that'!

My mom contracted polio when I was 5. She ended up in a wheelchair. That was almost 30 years before the disability act.

Disabled people were treated just as badly as LGBT are treated. They were refused entrance to businesses, they were kicked out of restaurants for disturbing other customers, etc etc.

I lived it. There was no fairy tale experience.

Only force gave them Equal Treatment.

Same as the Fair Housing Act, Civil Rights, Women's Right to Vote, Marriage Equality, etc.

I read a lot of your posts before joining. You and yours have been a victim of everything you can be a victim of it seems.. Just say'in.. SMH..

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

We need less laws.
We need less regulations.
We need less pandering.
We need more privacy.
we need more ethics in government.
We need more freedom

-Deadlyhope

Ya. We also need less people trying to hide their bigotry in long diatribes. It still looks like bigotry.

Calling someone a bigot is the new fail safe for intellectual dishonesty. The "bigot" post is instantly suspect and more often than not useless to the discussion. If you do not have the intellectual capacity to argue your point to conclusion, calling one a bigot earns you no points..

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimBielson

Basically the title says it all - I truly believe we've gone way too far to "represent" the minorities of this country ( USA )

To vote, he had to arrange to get several strong men to carry him and his wheelchair up the county steps - - - because at that time, that's where his voting precinct voted. There were no accommodations for the disabled.

Can't pick and choose.

No, I don't believe he is an exception, but he found a way to get to where he needed to vote without a law, didn't he? So much compassion and empathy becomes loss when individuals begin to say, 'I don't need to help, there are laws that will do that'!

My mom contracted polio when I was 5. She ended up in a wheelchair. That was almost 30 years before the disability act.

Disabled people were treated just as badly as LGBT are treated. They were refused entrance to businesses, they were kicked out of restaurants for disturbing other customers, etc etc.

Same as the Fair Housing Act, Civil Rights, Women's Right to Vote, Marriage Equality, etc.

I read a lot of your posts before joining. You and yours have been a victim of everything you can be a victim of it seems.. Just say'in.. SMH..

They're all lies. I just make it up as I go.

Like my aunt taking a pistol to her had. Or my mason grandfather falling 3 stories breaking his neck when the scaffold rope broke, prior to safety lines.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

It is very true, it does seem the western world is giving into minorities a hell of a lot. We all know its bad, we all know its wrong. We also know it should not be occurring, as no country as ever been built off becoming another country. It must stay its own. The question then arises, is their a bigger reason why those at the top are allowing this to happen. Do they want us to fight each other? Do they wish us to ponder this while something bigger is going on?

Always tends to be the situation, a slight of hand or misdirection. There is always a card being played, while the dealer keeps his cards hidden.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: theantediluvian

Sounds like you need to work hard to achieve something great for yourself and stop whining like a little baby.

I dare you to go to Kassim Ouma, one of the boxers I used to work with and tell him this country is oppressive. He was a child soldier in Uganda and came to America and made millions of dollars and won world titles as a professional boxer.

That required sacrifice and hard work and not whining and making excuses.

For every person you find willing to tell that story you can find 10 that will say the exact opposite. But good job finding one and thinking this makes your point...

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JimBielson

unfortunately, its the bigots who do not understand the meaning of the word and get very defensive and more "biggotty" (I made up that word, lol)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee. I begin to have a better understanding of your advocacy for the underdog and various peoples which you and others deem discriminated against. I appreciate your sense of compassion. It doesn't necessarily mean I agree with all your stances though. In the time of Jesus walking the earth he accepted those in the leper colonies. This was unprecedented. Today we know there is a scientific cause of leprosy. I have been hearing that there ma be elements such as agents in the water creating imbalance in gender association. But instead of studying the root cause, the transgender movement takes equality too far and us now promoting transgenderism in the schools as they seem to feel they are rescuing massive numbers of naturally transgender children. Something is amiss here and the humanist and cultural Marxist groups are having a heyday with this.
I do understand better where you at coming from but I disagree with your basic Humanist assumption that everything that presents itself today is should be catered to with special rights and privileges. The solutions are not necessarily correct. That is to say its not necessarily right to have common core lessons in every subject to promote the transgender thing in schools.

edit on 2-6-2016 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
a reply to: Annee. I begin to have a better understanding of your advocacy for the underdog and various peoples which you and others deem discriminated against. I appreciate your sense of compassion. It doesn't necessarily mean I agree with all your stances though.

Well thank you.

In the time of Jesus walking the earth he accepted those in the leper colonies. This was unprecedented. Today we know there is a scientific cause of leprosy.

True, and seizures.

I have been hearing that there may be elements such as agents in the water creating imbalance in gender association.

Excuse not required. An area I have no interest in (in relation to this subject), and find it used as an excuse to make excuses for those people of gender dysphoria. Same as with Autism.

Gender Dysphoria and all LGBT is not new. There is plenty of evidence from ancient wall paintings (and other) of sexual and gender diversity.

But instead of studying the root cause, the transgender movement takes equality too far and us now promoting transgenderism in the schools as they seem to feel they are rescuing massive numbers of naturally transgender children. Something is amiss here and the humanist and cultural Marxist groups are having a heyday with this.

"It's about the children". There are thousands (low estimate) of transgender children in primary school. Children are very adaptable and accepting of differences if they are taught to be so by their parents.

Sad that Equal Treatment has to be forced, don't you think?

I do understand better where you at coming from but I disagree with your basic Humanist assumption that everything that presents itself today is should be catered to with special rights and privileges. The solutions are not necessarily correct. That is to say its not necessarily right to have common core lessons in every subject to promote the transgender thing in schools.

Those denying people who are different then themselves the same rights - - - are the ones asking for "Special Rights".

edit on 2-6-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
a reply to: deadlyhope

We need more freedom

What "freedom" do you need that you don't currently have?

K~

Probably the freedom from responsibility.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

so you admit you're absolutely full of it and your own examples are just emotionally driven lies created in the first place to attempt to convert people to your way of thinking, by creating stories that people may empathize with but have no relation to reality.

Wheelchairs and men that feel like girls on Tuesdays is not the same thing, and you very well know it, yet you cannot write an empathetic story for people to relate... Oh, poor Jim, if he could just yank his manly genitals out in a woman's bathroom perhaps he wouldn't feel as confused....

Nope. Such a story is not going to convert others to your way, so you have to create arguments they do emphasize with- you create realistic and sentimental lies to push your own narrative.

Oh well, I will simply not reply to your posts in this forum from here on out, thanks for shedding light on your agenda.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

so you admit you're absolutely full of it and your own examples are just emotionally driven lies created in the first place to attempt to convert people to your way of thinking, by creating stories that people may empathize with but have no relation to reality.

Speak for yourself.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Can't pick and choose.

Like my aunt taking a pistol to her had. Or my mason grandfather falling 3 stories breaking his neck when the scaffold rope broke, prior to safety lines.

"they're all lies, I just make it up"

Are you own words, literally. I'm not speaking for myself, I'm literally quoting something you said and admitted about yourself.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Sublimecraft

What about the bathroom issue?- is that not catering to and/or giving special rights to the transgender community?

It was never an issue to start with. Again the complaining is coming from the religiously inclined.

Are You serious? I know plenty of people that are anything but religious that think letting Men into Women's restrooms is pure insanity. If they wanted to solve the issue then there would be genderless restrooms open to the public with small private stalls.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: jkm1864

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Sublimecraft

What about the bathroom issue?- is that not catering to and/or giving special rights to the transgender community?

It was never an issue to start with. Again the complaining is coming from the religiously inclined.

Are You serious? I know plenty of people that are anything but religious that think letting Men into Women's restrooms is pure insanity. If they wanted to solve the issue then there would be genderless restrooms open to the public with small private stalls.

The Anti-LGBT laws are not being filed by the average non-religious person.

The 11 states fighting to stop Equality to Pee - - are doing so because of religious belief.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Can't pick and choose.

"they're all lies, I just make it up"

Are you own words, literally. I'm not speaking for myself, I'm literally quoting something you said and admitted about yourself.

HA HA HA HA - - - I was waiting to see who would try to throw that back at me as being anything but sarcasm.

Guess you're the winner. Here's your medal

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join