It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catering to the minorities/groups is not good for the country.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
a reply to: Annee

I love how people assume things based on their own biases.

This is not at all about trans people - Hell, it's not even as many trans people bringing up the bathroom issues, it's mostly politicians. In that case, I think the politicians and media are ridiculous, not the trans people.

I re-read your original post - - perhaps you should.

Maybe you should start over.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Confused at what you're getting at.

The constitution ensures everyone has equal rights .

Convoluted laws, medical systems, regulations, immigration policies, higher education grants, etc - All create inequality.

We're driving more and more down the road of what we deem to be equality, while it's creating larger rifts than existed before we went this far down this road...

Ask yourself this: Do you think trans were more hated/openly hated 2-3 years ago, or now?

Do you think black/racial tensions were as bad a few years ago? Or do you think groups like BLM, people like Obama created huge problems that are more recent and more pronounced?

Look at the forum boards from before Obama, from before the new bathroom debates - if you feel the need to validate my claim. Do a search for older vs new articles, news, etc.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: onequestion

Sounds like you need to work hard to achieve something great for yourself and stop whining like a little baby.

What exactly do you think that I'm whining about?

I make six figures telecommuting as an IT professional. I have the title, the income, multiple houses, expensive cars, etc. The difference is that I don't deny that being a white heterosexual male is the best frickin thing to be in America as it has been since 1776.
Some of that money should go to minorities and those less fortunate then you. How many home can you live in at once? How many cars can you drive at one time. I believe in wealth redistribution, abd the rich white males with too much need to share. You are being unfair. There are people on the streets, and veterans that fought for you, living under bridges, and you are rolling on your gold like an old dragon.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

My original post states the things I will state again.

We do not need to represent minorities in the way we do.

The government uses this "representation" for their own games, agendas, etc.
The government is given the power to create such legislation and bring up such issues by the people that are always fighting - It's really a circle. People fight, the government tells them they will fix things, so people give the government the power to do so, the government creates more issues. People, and government are the problem. We supply the ammo, they fire it, vice versa.

It also creates hatred and division between people, even more than would have existed before such topics were brought up.

Look up forum threads from a couple years ago and tell me if there's as many threads about trans.

Then try telling me, truthfully, whether what is happening in DC is more of a joke to cause division between the people, or whether trans truly just need to be represented.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

My original post states the things I will state again.

We do not need to represent minorities in the way we do.

I don't really agree that it does.

I agree a black president created all kinds of backlash - - - from basically the same people against LGBT rights.

And the Anti-Rights people blow it out of proportion.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

We know it took over 140 years to get the LGTBQ equal marriage law nationalized right? Rome wasn't built in a day as they say.

That's a good point. I'd like you to forfeit your right to vote. Don't worry though, we'll give it to your 4th great-grand children. You have to be patient with these things.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Sublimecraft

What about the bathroom issue?- is that not catering to and/or giving special rights to the transgender community?

It was never an issue to start with. Again the complaining is coming from the religiously inclined.

So, which group or groups have made it an issue such that the Obama administration felt it necessary to become involved in a non-issue?

Is your comment about the complaining coming from the religiously inclined a statement as a matter of fact or is this your opinion? Do you think objectionable opinions might exist from individuals who are not religiously inclined?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

We know it took over 140 years to get the LGTBQ equal marriage law nationalized right? Rome wasn't built in a day as they say.

That's a good point. I'd like you to forfeit your right to vote. Don't worry though, we'll give it to your 4th great-grand children. You have to be patient with these things.

Looks like you love oppressive authoritarianism.

Sorry to hear it.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Some of that money should go to minorities and those less fortunate then you. How many home can you live in at once? How many cars can you drive at one time. I believe in wealth redistribution, abd the rich white males with too much need to share. You are being unfair. There are people on the streets, and veterans that fought for you, living under bridges, and you are rolling on your gold like an old dragon.

Anyone who isn't doing as well as me must be lazy, inferior or both. Right? That seems to be a popular sentiment. Of course as we continue shifting toward ever more low paying service jobs, the size of that segment of society that so many assume to be comprised of lazy degenerates will continue to grow.

Wealth distribution is essentially what we're already doing to keep this pyramid scheme of ours from collapsing in case that somehow escaped your notice.

What we need is to improve economic opportunity so that more people are able to fend for themselves. What we're doing now is breeding a lot of resentment and contempt.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I agree with you. We need to improve economic opportunity rather than breeding resentment and contempt.

This is the premise of my post - There's things that could be done that could help everybody. All walks of life.

But instead, politicians, the media, drama-addicted people focus on the smaller issues that just create more issues rather than solve anything.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I must say that I am very dissapointed in you at the moment. We have found out alot about you today. I thought you were different then what you are showing. I hope you are just having an anger fit and this isnt the real You......

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Let's try this again because apparently the satirical approach went over your head. This is what you said:

Saying that it's acceptable for 6 generations of people to be denied fundamental rights because "Rome wasn't built in a day" has got to be the weakest justification an authoritarian has ever put forward for maintaining an oppressive, authoritarian status quo.

see above. I hope you were trolling though and didn't honestly take that post literally.
edit on 2016-5-30 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Anyone who isn't doing as well as me must be lazy, inferior or both. Right? That seems to be a popular sentiment. Of course as we continue shifting toward ever more low paying service jobs, the size of that segment of society that so many assume to be comprised of lazy degenerates will continue to grow.

Wealth distribution is essentially what we're already doing to keep this pyramid scheme of ours from collapsing in case that somehow escaped your notice.

What we need is to improve economic opportunity so that more people are able to fend for themselves. What we're doing now is breeding a lot of resentment and contempt.

I dont need help distributing my own money, I do in on my own to the tune of 10%, and I hope you are doing the same. I make less then 80K, and I dont need all that I make. I give money at least twice a month to people who build homes from scratch for poor families in Mexico. I go to thew electric company and make large payments on poor widows power bills anonomously. I have done this multiple times. I just recieved $500 from my dad for my birthday. I immediatly cut a check for $50 to a group that feeds people on the streets in my town. I received a thank you note today, and will be cutting more checks for them soon, I dont need 77 grand a year to live on. Its too much. I cant, with good conscience keep it all. I would like to encourage you to do the same Brother

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

You only make 77k a year! Bahahahahah!

Thats reponse I would expect from some of these mindsets.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

You only make 77k a year! Bahahahahah!

Thats reponse I would expect from some of these mindsets.

Its not much for what I do. I am Shop Super at a steel mill and work almost 13 hour shifts. I have been on this job for over 35 years. I live in California and the cost of living is high. And as I said I dont need it all and that is why I give thousands back to those who need it more

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

You and your OP are utterly delusional.

Life in America is all about the minorities/groups. Turn on CNN and you'll learn the truth. They are the only people who matter in the US. Its all about them. Its been all about them since I came back to the US in 1972.

You're swimming upstream against the tide of human history.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I think this is the number one aspect people seem to be ignoring. A non-issue has been blown up to one of the number one topics in the nation. Anyone who has a problem with this new topic is a bigot, a hater, a sexist, a insertword-phobe.

While there's this issue that's literally about less than 1% of the nation, and even less of them were in a crisis due to gender-marked rooms.

The government is very ineffective at a lot things.

Causing division.. They are very good at.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

???.... That's what my OP is stating.

That we should stop catering to these groups.

That we are in fact catering to these groups, and causing more division and hatred, and less equality, not more.

If my OP is delusional, so are you, since I basically have been saying what you just said....

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Catering to "minorities' is giving us social CANCER...

That includes Illegal Immigrants.

The entire pandering and looking the other way is killing our country. We don't have long left on this current path.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

A black president did all of that?

I honest-to-god do not think Carson would have created so much tension if he were in office. Perhaps due to conservative stances, but not racial tensions.

Obama just has to chime in when thugs like trayvon, the worst of society, get dealt with.

Doesn't chime in when veterans, the people we should respect the most, all over America are homeless, not being given medical care, etc.

I realize these are simply opinions of mine, how I view these people, for the record. I don't expect everyone adopt my mindset.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join