It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catering to the minorities/groups is not good for the country.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Trans, gays, blacks. - Whoever the left or right needs to talk about that day to get votes, or the media needs to represent to ensure we all hate each other.

I suppose I should have said " Other than a politician "

But, good examples, still.

They are the extreme minority ( .000001% ) that we give luxurious lives for screwing this nation up more than most others.
edit on 30-5-2016 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2016 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Well that was a long way around to another Anti-Trans thread.

Not so clever.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

If only 'they' were allowed to live as we are without people screaming at them and trying to block their path into society, then we could stop talking about them.
edit on 5/30/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

but predictable nowadays.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum
a reply to: Annee

but predictable nowadays.

Yes.

Were you fooled?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Since when is equal rights catering to minorities, why do we need to redo this daily, we get it, your angry and you need to blame someone for your short comings.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: xuenchen
I love this country and I wouldn't rather be from any other in the world, in modern times or at any time in history but I have a particular disgust for self delusion.

I have a particular disgust for your self-loathing.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Since when is equal rights catering to minorities, why do we need to redo this daily, we get it, your angry and you need to blame someone for your short comings.

Since it became special rights.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: deadlyhope
Basically the title says it all - I truly believe we've gone way too far to "represent" the minorities of this country ( USA )

I'm just gonna mention my mom's friend in a wheelchair.

To vote, he had to arrange to get several strong men to carry him and his wheelchair up the county steps - - - because at that time, that's where his voting precinct voted. There were no accommodations for the disabled.

Take care of yourself or you're plain outta luck. Deal with it.

Now - - do not tell me this man or his circumstance is the exception.

Can't pick and choose.

No, I don't believe he is an exception, but he found a way to get to where he needed to vote without a law, didn't he? So much compassion and empathy becomes loss when individuals begin to say, 'I don't need to help, there are laws that will do that'!

My cousin, was paralyzed from the neck down at the age of 17! He actually, became an awesome wildlife oil painter, (since he was actually able to observe wildlife so close on his bow and arrow hunting adventures), it was redneck, but family and friends created a skid path into the woods for him and a cross bow creation on an old car tire hub). He then went on to a professorship and gave many speeches throughout our universities and colleges. On top of it all, he lived his dream to go on an African Safari Hunt.

Was he an exception? I don't believe so. Family, friends, and our communities assisted him. When you separate any 'them' from the majority, it does exactly that. The majority will feel no need to step up and assist. The laws should just be equality for all and not negate special circumstances.

Edit add: My point being that the laws actually have created a separation between family, friends, and communities. We all are isolating ourselves as minorities and that is why we ALL are feeling more alone in this society that has been created.
edit on 5 30 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I'm more worried right now about all those blue collar workers who don't have the aptitude for what I do and are facing a future where their labor won't be needed.

You think race relations in this country have gotten a little strained recently? Give it another decade off deteriorating employment and ever less people paying for more into social welfare programs to keep plugging the holes in this sinking ship of an economic system.

Less and less people carrying more and more isn't a tenable solution but it's a really good formula for creating more resentment.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Awwww "white guilt?" Really? Pathetic.

I have no self-loathing at all. I love me and I don't feel one ounce of guilt about my life. That's just you trying to project your political brainwashing on me.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Basically the title says it all - I truly believe we've gone way too far to "represent" the minorities of this country ( USA )

To vote, he had to arrange to get several strong men to carry him and his wheelchair up the county steps - - - because at that time, that's where his voting precinct voted. There were no accommodations for the disabled.

Can't pick and choose.

No, I don't believe he is an exception, but he found a way to get to where he needed to vote without a law, didn't he? So much compassion and empathy becomes loss when individuals begin to say, 'I don't need to help, there are laws that will do that'!

My mom contracted polio when I was 5. She ended up in a wheelchair. That was almost 30 years before the disability act.

Disabled people were treated just as badly as LGBT are treated. They were refused entrance to businesses, they were kicked out of restaurants for disturbing other customers, etc etc.

I lived it. There was no fairy tale experience.

Only force gave them Equal Treatment.

Same as the Fair Housing Act, Civil Rights, Women's Right to Vote, Marriage Equality, etc.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Wtf are you even talking about?

The media doesn't make us do anything. They give us exactly what we want. You think MH370 was on CNN for a month straight because they were pushing an agenda of "finding lost planes?"

This is such an abysmal cop out.

The media pushes these political "agendas" because so many people crave it. They're weak and lacking in self-worth and want somebody to hate or to blame so they can feel better about themselves and less responsible for dealing with the roots of real problems.
edit on 2016-5-30 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Yep, catering to the minority isn't a good thing. . .

So why do we allow the 1% to rob the rest of the world blind?

We sure love to cater to that minority group...

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

We need more freedom

What "freedom" do you need that you don't currently have?

K~

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The only group currently being catered to and/or given special rights in the US at the moment are the religiously inclined.

Religious Freedom Restoration Acts at the Federal, State and local levels. (Which was determined to be unconstitutional at the Federal level but still stands).

Anything vaguely resembling a church, synagogue, temple, mosque, ashram or whatnot doesn't pay taxes.

Religious organizations are given special exemptions from the laws the rest of us follow.

Etc. etc.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Since it became special rights.

Equal rights is a special right now.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Can't pick and choose.

My mom contracted polio when I was 5. She ended up in a wheelchair. That was almost 30 years before the disability act.

Disabled people were treated just as badly as LGBT are treated. They were refused entrance to businesses, they were kicked out of restaurants for disturbing other customers, etc etc.

I lived it. There was no fairy tale experience.

Only force gave them Equal Treatment.

Same as the Fair Housing Act, Civil Rights, Women's Right to Vote, Marriage Equality, etc.

Annee! I am not bashing anyone personally. My god, I was fired after having a epileptic seizure down in Florida (right to work) state. The senior employee that worked with me, refused to work beside me after that episode. My manager said, since I was still in my first 30 days of employment...they were letting me go.

It sucked, but I just took my lumps and grabbed a waittressing job to cover bills until I found a better job. Many people with disabilities, can be frustrated, but even I understood. I had a problem, not them. I have never expected folks to cater to my whims. I expect equality. I do love a challenge. Many employers in my past looked past my disability and even still to this day, ask me to come back. Whether they really mean the compliment I don't know, I have moved on in my life.

I understand we have different perspectives...but I believe in lifting others up and not pitying them with hand outs.

edit on 5 30 2016 by CynConcepts because: Fixed quote box

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReprobateRaccoon

Our government panders to religious organizations, but opposes granting equal pay to women and strips gays of non-discrimination protections. In my opinion, the minorities aren't the problem.

But if we got rid of the minorities, then we wouldn't need to worry about discrimination and equal pay, then we won't have to cater to them and they won't be a problem.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Wtf are you even talking about?

The media doesn't make us do anything. They give us exactly what we want. You think MH370 was on CNN for a month straight because they were pushing an agenda of "finding lost planes?"

This is such an abysmal cop out.

The media pushes these political "agendas" because so many people crave it. They're weak and lacking in self-worth and want somebody to hate or to blame so they can feel better about themselves and less responsible for dealing with the roots of real problems.

What's this WE nonsense you speak of?

Speak for yourself bud, it sounds like your air tank may need a refill.

I'm not even going to take the time to recite the retardedness in that poo st.

Media is owned by like one person, jiving stories across thousands of miles instantly, with known infiltration by alphabets.
Spewing whatever they are told instantly.

Or maybe it is just a manifestation of or collective insecurities?

-not

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join