It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth Society is triggering my triggers.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BIGPoJo
The Earth is not flat idiots!

Just admit that you are trolling for clicks on YouTube or concede that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Lets assume the Earth is flat for a minute. It leaves many questions unanswered.

1. How thick is this Flat Earth?
2. What is over the edge of this Flat Earth?
3. What is keeping the Earth from falling into whatever is down below the Earth?
4. Why doesn't the Sun and Moon fall down to the Earth?
5. What magical material is the sky dome made of?
6. What causes the Coriolis effect?
7. Where do meteorites come from and what makes them decide to land on Flat Earth?

I have been looking for these answers watching some of the Flat Earth videos and no one brings this up.

This is the thing that really pisses me off. Flat Earther's want you to provide scientific evidence of a round Earth but then they use the Bible as their evidence. When you do provide real evidence of a round Earth or even experiments that can be done by any human being, they refute those arguments as CGI/hoax/lies ect. They cannot be bothered by facts.

This is not the same as the global warming debate yet it has been compared as such. Round Earth has been proven as a fact, its not a hypothesis or theory. Its an observable fact just like water is wet and the Sun is bright. Fact.

This leads me to believe that FE people are simply trolls. If you truly believe in a FE universe, please try and convince me that the Earth is flat. Give me an experiment to prove it once and for all.

Let's see

The earth could be flat idiot, what's it to you what others believe idiot

I know, sounds rude and abrupt, let's continue

What's this thread for, star and flag click bait, just trolling someone's opinion to make yourself look like one of the in crowd?
Yeah again rude and horrible

I could go on and mirror the whole post but I can't be bothered

Just really surprised how people are so upset about what others choose to believe, how does believing in a flat earth harm others,seriously why do you get your little jollys acting like a know it all

There are some interesting threads on ats at the moment
Fracking, US soldiers being used as Guinea pigs and here you are telling everyone how smart you are and stupid others are and being intolerant and arrogant to boot

My rant over, happy to vent alongside at you

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant
a reply to: Sremmos80

Well If Ari didn't say it..

Then I will claim it myself, because it makes sense : )

Entertaining could mean as much as accepting you, or others, think it is true. That doesn't mean no one should show things to be false.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Piamocz

Has there really only been 8 civilizations? And some of those are just creation stories.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BIGPoJo
All good points. I'll just leave this here:

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Never said that. I'll admit I should have said an opinion but didn't mean you personally. Sounds like you are the one that got offended tho.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

I doubt reason will ever influence such folks.

Is it really worth your ire?

There's a ton of other stuff worth your ire.

I don't think the flat-earther's qualify.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Theres 10 major ones. Creation story or not the ancients were far more advanced.

(post by Piamocz removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Let people believe what they want to believe. As long as their views are not directly threatening your quality of life, why do you waste energy caring?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Im glad someone said it, lol im sick of seeing the flat earth theories on youtube and the multitude of videos about it. I mean seriously i know i love conspiracies and i like watching videos of said videos but why keep bombarding me with flat earth theary videos non stop, its like the elite want us to beleive this bull #!!

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidCovKid

oh FFS - please stop blaming this nefarious and nebulous " elite " and start tasking people with a personal responsibility for thier own stupidity

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown
a reply to: theMediator

Try to go over Antarctica and see where you end up.

Better yet, go to flightradar24.com and wonder why there are no flights over the southern oceans. I've been watching for a full week and I haven't seen one yet. One example: Santiago Chile to Brisbane Australia is about 7,000 mile and the Boeing 777 has a 10,000 mile range - but no overseas flights that I've seen, yet.
Sorry about drift.

I know right, it's pretty crazy...but as I said, I'm too skeptic to take just about anything as 100% proof. I want to try it for myself.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChuckNasty
People actually believe this stuff?

How to they account for the ISS images...time lapse movies? If someone responds with a fisheye lens, I'm voting for Hillary...

CGI, fish eye lenses and composite photos. At least that is what I have seen them claim.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: defiythelie

How to they account for the ISS images...time lapse movies? If someone responds with a fisheye lens, I'm voting for Hillary...

CGI, fish eye lenses and composite photos. At least that is what I have seen them claim.

Yes, but some of the best videos are from well before CGI in the early 60's that even the best composites of the time could not even come close to faking. But apparently NASA had access to some unknown filming method according to FE people, yet they make this claim with zero evidence.

Going to start my own society called the Fat Earth Society. I like my Earth like I like my women, fat not flat.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

Let people believe what they want to believe. As long as their views are not directly threatening your quality of life, why do you waste energy caring?

But it is directly threatening my quality of life. Its blowing up my Youtube feed and various other social media with this garbage. It is molding young and impressionable minds that instead of focusing on science will now focus on gobbly goop. They are dragging humanity down!

How long until some world leaders start to believe this crap? What if someone gets elected to congress that believes in flat Earth?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BIGPoJo

originally posted by: defiythelie

Yes, but some of the best videos are from well before CGI in the early 60's that even the best composites of the time could not even come close to faking. But apparently NASA had access to some unknown filming method according to FE people, yet they make this claim with zero evidence.

Going to start my own society called the Fat Earth Society. I like my Earth like I like my women, fat not flat.

I am in no way a flat earther but looking into their claims, they claim all photos of earth from space are fake. That the 1972 Apollo 17 photo was just a painting and all after that where CGI. They then go on to claim that NASA even admits it because they said they " touched up" the photos or some other nonsense.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I just watched this vid and he does bring up a good point about the moon .

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

He is assuming that the ball of light is the moon, I cannot say if it is the moon or not. It just looks like a small fuzzy light. It is probably Venus or Mars, both of which would be visible according to his research.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The earth is not flat. Anyone who believes it is should go find the edge and jump off.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

I saw curvature of the earth in that vid and if it is flat where is the giant ice wall the flat earthers claim you can't cross. He just debunked the ice wall in that vid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join