It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happens To the Mentally Disabled If Our Spirits Live On

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Yeah, as said above, too, my own thoughts are that the brain is a tuning device/receiver, or energy to matter interface, and the bulk of "us" are elsewhere... so once the damaged bio filters are gone, a core essence is still present in the dimension we extrude from, and in some cases, here, too... sorta like the cloud for energy consciousness.

That's my best guess, if we do have a core essence in some manner... and experience indicates that either we do, or some other energy beings mimic dead humans, and I suppose there could be other possibilities we just can't fathom, yet... in fact, that might be for more probable.

But as much as I'd like to still be able to play skeptic with my materialist friends, the exclusively material base for consciousness remains elusive.. .even if there weren't a millennia of reports attesting to post biological intelligence.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 0rbital

I would expect that the limitations of physicality (the structure and operation of our brain) would be bypassed.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

i will read the rest of your thread later. here is my thought mental disabilities do not affect the soul since that is also a physical issue

you bring up alot of questions " what if the person who had the mental disability was happy with who they were and didn't want to change? What law decides at what level the mind would need 'refiltering' to?" are they able to interact with society, interact with people and hold down a job to provide the basic necessary things to survive?

" Surely a choice like that should be down to the individual but then how could that person choose what's best for them if their mental disability didn't allow it? In that case would it mean that someone would need to step in and choose for that person?" are you any sort of a figure thats so high and mighty that you can make that choice, before a person walks they must crawl when they learn to walk their hands are held there fore they need to try this alone and on their own watch them but dont interfere unless its a harmful situation. theres my thoughts on this

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

I work with Intellectually/Developmentally disabled folks.
Truly.

but what if the person who had the mental disability was happy with who they were and didn't want to change?

Most that I know are NOT happy to be in the condition they are in. They long to be 'normal' and work hard every day to 'fit in' with the 'normal' folks.

They look at the rest of us with a longing for something unattainable that, IMO, we can never understand.

My belief is that there are many journeys and that the current one we are on is just one of many.
Well, that's what I believe today.
It changes frequently.

Interesting topic!

To add: I don't, personally, believe that we take out 'physicalness' with us when we leave this earth.
thats sad i hope the best for them. you should try to let them know there is no normal and accepting your self and others as they are..

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: TNMockingbird

See now i know why you are such a sweetheart that's very altruistic and respectable, thank you for your service to our society. As to the OP I think this is the only shot we got, and I was talking to my very depressed best friend last night who has been drinking as well, and he was questioning his faith, he declared," well if there is no God life has no meaning" and I said," rick, I am not going to try to convince you out of your faith nor would I want to, but I will say this, The chances of actually living a human life are so astronomical that we can't even conceive of the odds, for this fact alone life and your life is the most valuable and precious thing we have"
better get yer boots on, joking. i had a problem like that my friend was suicidal he started talking about wanting to die so i was going to kill him and he started crying about not wanting to die. i hate people like that i think now he wanted attention

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: malevolent

Yes!

It's important to make clear that we are all flawed.

They know now. It can take years to garner trust BUT once you have it

never let it go.

It's that important.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
a reply to: malevolent

Yes!

It's important to make clear that we are all flawed.

They know now. It can take years to garner trust BUT once you have it

never let it go.

It's that important.

i dont work with them like you do, i wouldnt have that kind of patience to deal. i know my own flaws and it makes me want to be better. im the way i am, dealing with other people is hard id rather give most of them the middle finger and try breaking their face i know i shouldnt so i just ignore them and walk by like they dont exist.

i know i have issues, i dont think its of that kind though what you said about trust though i do not trust any one at all.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   

the only reason people are mentally disabled in this life is because things in the body prevent normal metal functioning. The mental capabilities of the brain of the soul are not at all affected because its its made of much finer stuff.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join