It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
originally posted by: M4nWithNoN4me
American here. I was a big fan of the last cast, with May, Hammond, and Clarkson... although by the end, I had had enough of Clarkson's pompous attitude- he had nothing but contempt and derision for- well, for everything! It's no surprise that the BBC chose to sever ties with him, all contractual and legal business aside. Definitely did not seem like a guy I'd want to sit down and have a pint with, and that's not just the American in me talking. But exactly the opposite for Richard Hammond and James May, whose personalities and rapport I found very pleasant. They'll be missed.
originally posted by: dogsounds
• HEY CHRIS STOP SHOUTING you goon. Annoying little man.
• Matt LeBlanc actually outshone Evans, and this is saying something because Matt LeBlanc was wooden, unenthusiastic and looked like he didn't want to be there. Although he was better on his own.
• How the heck did they manage to make fighter plane style combat with two muscle cars bedecked in faux missiles and a .50 cal boring? I have no idea, but they managed it.
• Man, I hate Evans.
• I didn't laugh or even crack a smile once. Old TG was the rare program that would have me laughing out loud even if I watched it alone.
• NO CHEMISTRY. There was no buzz between Evans and LeBlanc at all.
• Everyone read off autocues. It was not conversational at all.
• Oh Jeez Gordron Ramsay really? UGH.
• I usually fast-forward through the "star in the car" section. This time I found myself fast-forwarding through EVERY segment.
• Oh look a Series 1 Landy vs. a WWII Jeep, this should be int - oh, no, wait, they made it boring
• STOP SHOUTING EVANS that's what microphones are for
• No news segment? Fail.
In short. I still loathe Evans, and this will be the last time I watch Top Gear. No-one watched it for the cars, they watched it to see three mates do dumb stuff and act like children, I mean, c'mon, they had a dogfight skit with a Brit and a German at not once did anyone refer to the war. I mean, REALLY? Jeez.
I can only be grateful for having an Amazon Prime subscription - that's where I'll get my idiot fix from now on. I'm out, BBC.