It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Used & Betrayed – 100 Years of US Troops as Lab Rats

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I got the wonderful experience of serving in one of those underground sites for a few years...

Only to find out later that the entire facility had PCB/Abestos/Diesel fumes all way above the limit considered to be safe... no one ever told anybody anything.

Now I and many others that spent time there suffer from long term lung problems but the VA refuses to acknowledge the problem.

Same old story, just a re-hashed version.

Just like those supposed flu shots that they gave the soldiers at USAMRIID @ Ft Detrick Md, .... flu shot my butt.
edit on R092016-05-30T12:09:38-05:00k095Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
They induct people so young because the older the wiser you get.

Well see you signed here, you have to do what we say.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

This is why i didn't enlist.

i was a blue chipper in high school football and weightlifting. i saw early on how atheletes are used like a piece of meat. your coach, especially in college sports where you have a scholarship, owns you.

my cousin played baseball in the minors. In high school he threw a 90+ mph curveball ambidextrously. But being the only player of that caliber in this region, our coach way over used him. As did every coach he encountered. by the time he was 25 he was out of the game due to shoulder injuries.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

School prepares us for a life of servitude. For corporate and military serfdom.

You're from Texas, what did you think of the movie, Dazed and Confused?

My swan song.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I also spent time at McClellan in the early 80's. We all know what happened there - radiation x 2 and Monsanto's toxic chemicals in the groundwater.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

In brief, we already know the dark side. The term "cannon fodder" was coined long ago. War changed when the generals and kings starting sitting back on the hillside watching their troops slaughter and be slaughtered.

Just recently, while in Nevada, I watch an old PR movie about atomic tests there. It showed troops brought in to witness the blast and matter-of-factly said that after the blast that the troops were marched into the blast area to "witness the blast effects." Yeah. Sure. The dogfaces needed to witness first hand the blast area to know that it was a really bad weapon. No possibility of an ulterior motive there because our government wouldn't do that to its own, right?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
More anti-American threads today? BAHH!

They use troops as lab rats? If you dont like it you can get out!

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

They use troops as lab rats? If you dont like it you can get out!

Wait...what?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

School prepares us for a life of servitude. For corporate and military serfdom.

You're from Texas, what did you think of the movie, Dazed and Confused?

My swan song.

One of my favorite movies ever.

I graduated in 92....post Nancy Reagan and her frying eggs. But on the whole, that film represented small town Texas high school pretty good.

Pink dropping football...would have never happened. Other than that, pretty accurate.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I believe it to be true. To a far, far greater extent than is generally admitted. Civil servants get the same treatment. I have health issues that are genetic in basis, and are related to my moms time as a teen living in Kwajelein during the mid-late 60's. As inconvenient as my health issues are, i certainly got it easy. My female cousins and sisters deal with worse.

I encourage all my family to not join. My inlaws are all either Army or USMC, and they don't disagree. My nephew enters the army soon, but with a bachelors degree, so it'll be as an officer when he goes. He's done all sorts of concurrent classes and stuff, and will have his BS 2 years after his high school graduation.

But i would absolutely positively recommend against joining as infantry.

I honor and respect our veterans. But mostly I pity them for being exploited and lied to by the number 1 enemy to humanity: the US government.

I've said this many times.

The most authentic way to "support our troops" is to NOT support all of this and US foreign policy, which uses troops as expendable cannon fodder for global empire and resource control for the elite. Real support is protesting these wars.

Real support is also convincing people of the above facts, and letting them know these wars aren't about freedom nor our safety.

A big part is persuading people not to join.

I support veterans, but Memorial Day is used as propaganda by the government to celebrate falsities about our foreign policy.
edit on 30-5-2016 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

It's not an anti-American thread. It's an anti-government abuse thread. There is a huge difference in between the two.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBandit795
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

It's not an anti-American thread. It's an anti-government abuse thread. There is a huge difference in between the two.

Biggest mistake in history is to make Americans fight for their country. Planned involvement since 1914.
edit on 30-5-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I knew a couple of people who did the MERV thing for the free leave.

Purely stupid on their part.

MERV = Medical Evaluation (E might have stood for Enlisted) Research Volunteer.......... you let them inject you with some stuff to see what happens and they give you 30 days free leave or something like that... that was 30 years ago though...

It takes a special kind of idiot to voluntarily allow the military to inject them with unknown crap.

edit on R332016-05-30T15:33:48-05:00k335Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

...the military / Industrial complex have absolutely no regard for Freedom and peace, instead working behind the scenes to engage in activities solely for the purpose of maintaining perpetual war at the expense of the planet and her citizens.

Needed repeating
edit on 5/30/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: freudian slip - but it was a really good one :-)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Abby Martin is a seditionist. Take a look at the still photo displayed at 1:33 in the video. Tell me that photo came (as she represents) from the 1940s.

That is all.

Please don't fall for MSM propaganda. I think We, as a group, are a little better than this.

First of all! Abby Martin is hot! OK! Nuff said!

Don't chu say nothin bout Abby!

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
a reply to: TheBandit795

I know I was experimented on in boot. All of us in Charlie were. We were "inoculated" twice for polio in eight weeks and we all got sick after the second "inoculation".

They were expecting it because it was the beginning of the week and they gave us the day off knowing we would react badly.

My father drafted in the mid 60's, and got the high pressure vaccination cocktail as he called it, just before they were deployed to Vietnam. He said he has never been that sick, delirious, or feverous in his life. He said he felt like a different person after that injection and was never quite the same.

He also developed severe hay-fever the very next season and has had it since then. Most of the guys in his squad also developed severe reactions to the vaccine and were sick for almost 2 weeks.

I have other people I know that had similar experiences from them.
edit on 30-5-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I believe it to be true.

When I joined the military, and I still feel good about my service in the Coast Guard, I had a brainwashed patriotic view of the US. In some ways the US has advantages over other nations and disadvantages.

But some things are so out of whack. Like the CIA giving arms to the Mujahadeen and bringing Bin Laden to power. Lying to the American people on the national news about the supposed Russian invasion of Afghanistan, when the Russian army was INVITED to fight against Islamic radicals by a moderate Muslim gov't. A request that was officially denied before Russia offered to help.

Only to wind up sending US troops to do the SAME #ING JOB, 30 years later after having armed the army that killed 14,000 Russian soldiers without providing a stipend to the families of the Russian men who died doing the same job US troops are doing now.

However, one of the things that makes America superior is I can express these truths without being arrested.
edit on 30-5-2016 by Miracula2 because: added last sentence.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
I also spent time at McClellan in the early 80's. We all know what happened there - radiation x 2 and Monsanto's toxic chemicals in the groundwater.

Ditto "79". I guarded that mess of storage bunkers thru boot and combined AIT. Also, after my overseas inoculation, I got extremely sick. Like a really bad flu with some bubonic plague thrown in and and half-dollar size purple splotches over a lot of my body. I don't even remember most of the 10+ days in the hospital...just how bad I wanted to get back, graduate, and get to Korea rather than recycle. Which I barely did. Maybe about time I requested my medical records.

Thank you for sharing, Brother Restricted. Did I hear somebody here say this thread is Anti-American? Who was that mindcontrolled Fascist?

edit on 30-5-2016 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

One of my favorite movies ever.

We wrote it. Well not in Austin, but it could have been anywhere USA back then. Graduated in '76. I wasn't the Jock, I was the party stoner with a 68 Ford Mustang. Can't believe to this day it was possible to work a gas station at 2 fitty an hour and afford a muscle car, party all weekend at the beach, go to concerts, etc.

Whomever wrote that film script captured the moment, except for the paddles, we didn't do that s***. But the bashing mailboxes and breaking car windows, keggers, burger stands and game arcades? Picture perfect.

filming locations

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Hello there, GUT. You SHOULD request your record. I don't know if you'll get the truth though.

Have you seen the vids of McClellan now? The gov superfunded it. There's quite a bit of footage of the MP batts.

YouTube.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join