It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Survival Capsule Could Insulate You Against Any Disaster

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
"ACTIVIST POST: Interrupt your regularly scheduled program"

Mac SlavoSurvivalism

May 26, 2016

www.activistpost.com...

Depending on your outlook, this could be the ultimate in survival gear.
In the wake of an extreme threat – such as a tsunami or earthquake – this capsule could be the best place to withstand the impact, no matter what.
It is water-tight. It is extremely durable. It floats, and it can withstand against the impact of super-strong winds, crashes, heat and many other factors.
. . .
[LONDON GUARDIAN LINK:]

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The giant ball that could save your life in a catastrophe: The Survival Capsule designed to withstand tsunamis, earthquakes and hurricanes (providing you're not too claustrophobic!)

Survival Capsule protects occupants against tsunamis and hurricanes
The ball-shaped pod can float and has air supply for one hour per person
Withstands sharp object penetration, heat exposure, and rapid deceleration
Capsules come in various sizes ranging from two to ten person capacity

. . .

Had 2-3 decades ago envisioned such a ball. Had no means to bring it to fruition.
I'd opt for the larger version. LOL.
And I'd want multiple escape hatches. One never knows what orientation the ball could end up wedged into.
I think it is a good idea--would certainly have one if I lived on the LEFT COAST of the USA. But then . . . it's not exactly something one could carry around in one's backpack.
Maybe it's just better to move inland--and higher--like the high desert of the SW or some such. . . . given Yellowstone etc. And New Madrid . . . maybe they should market them in the New Madrid zone. And the East Coast . . . given the Canary Islands potential to generate a tsunami.
Then again . . . why not . . . with enough wealth . . . just make a whole house such a ball. Solar energy . . . water jet propulsion . . . etc.At least one would already be in it if a tsunami hit in the middle of one's sleep.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

That's actually cool. Nice invention.

It could probably need a few barf bags...

CF

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

What if it got stuck under debris or mud and you couldn't open the door and it took a few days for rescue crews to arrive?

It should have a second door and it also looks to be made of ABS plastic. I'm not sure if those inside would survive a meteor strike, pyroclastic or lava flow or a really big fire.

Other than that, probably a good idea.

edit on 30/5/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Then some other types of bags, perhaps? But if you were in that scenario you just described, would you really prefer you got there unprotected?

I'd look at it from a risk/reward scenario. If you can afford it, why not? Of course, I can't afford it. But I could multi-purpose it as a designated spot to engage in some pent up primal screams.

Aha, you edited your post, so mine doesn't make sense. But, eh, that's ok.

From what I saw, the specs said 1/4" aluminum, which gave me visions of squished soda cans, but it has some good internal reinforcements. I think it's a good start.
edit on 30-5-2016 by ClownFish because: Added aha...

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I live on the LEFT coast and I am ready to meet my Maker when that time comes. Nothing can prevent ones number being drawn.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
"ACTIVIST POST: Interrupt your regularly scheduled program"

Mac SlavoSurvivalism

May 26, 2016

www.activistpost.com...

Depending on your outlook, this could be the ultimate in survival gear.
In the wake of an extreme threat – such as a tsunami or earthquake – this capsule could be the best place to withstand the impact, no matter what.
It is water-tight. It is extremely durable. It floats, and it can withstand against the impact of super-strong winds, crashes, heat and many other factors.
. . .
[LONDON GUARDIAN LINK:]

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The giant ball that could save your life in a catastrophe: The Survival Capsule designed to withstand tsunamis, earthquakes and hurricanes (providing you're not too claustrophobic!)

Survival Capsule protects occupants against tsunamis and hurricanes
The ball-shaped pod can float and has air supply for one hour per person
Withstands sharp object penetration, heat exposure, and rapid deceleration
Capsules come in various sizes ranging from two to ten person capacity

. . .

Had 2-3 decades ago envisioned such a ball. Had no means to bring it to fruition.
I'd opt for the larger version. LOL.
And I'd want multiple escape hatches. One never knows what orientation the ball could end up wedged into.
I think it is a good idea--would certainly have one if I lived on the LEFT COAST of the USA. But then . . . it's not exactly something one could carry around in one's backpack.
Maybe it's just better to move inland--and higher--like the high desert of the SW or some such. . . . given Yellowstone etc. And New Madrid . . . maybe they should market them in the New Madrid zone. And the East Coast . . . given the Canary Islands potential to generate a tsunami.
Then again . . . why not . . . with enough wealth . . . just make a whole house such a ball. Solar energy . . . water jet propulsion . . . etc.At least one would already be in it if a tsunami hit in the middle of one's sleep.

I think it needs a additional systems installed whereby if it was dragged out to sea, water can be used for cooling the inside, desalination for drinking and for motion (with air, as a motor) - who knows how long you may be drifting in the sea, as well as some form of anchoring for securing to a concrete pad, or as a projectile to embed in stationery objects so as to not be dragged out to sea. And some form of repeating SOS system (solar).

edit on 30-5-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ClownFish

MORE than a 'few' barf bags, I'd wager. & maybe weighted on the bottom to automatically right itself in sufficiently deep water.

Outfitting such a thing could get expensive, fast.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I was thinking of something like 4-5 escape hatches, strategically placed! LOL.

Yeah, I don't think a lava flow etc. would be better than like cooking a large egg.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ClownFish

Yeah. I think it's a good start.

One could coat the thing with a middle layer of heat resistant Space Shuttle type tiles--or even the light-weight kiln bricks.

I agree--it's a good start. I assume other versions will arise.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

I live on the LEFT coast and I am ready to meet my Maker when that time comes. Nothing can prevent ones number being drawn.

INDEED. Being Ready is THE supreme priority on those issues!

Am reminded of Johnathan Edwards old sermon about falling into the hands of an angry God unimpressed with one's rebellion, unforgiveness and selfishness etc.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

INDEED. Great additions.

Since I'm ordering as a fantasy . . . on a meager income etc. . . . I'd prefer a 48' diameter or maybe even a 100' diameter sphere home outfitted to the tune of say $8 million or so. LOL.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

LOL...I wonder if a DIYer can do it for less.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Pretty cool. It even has a pole in the middle for the budding pole dancer.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Great question.

I think some of the exotic coating type stuff might be a challenge. But DIYers have been doing a lot of innovative and courageous things for a long time. Worth a try, imho. LOL.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I've wondered how an extra thick fero-cement construction would work. They used to make very tough tuna boats out of it in San Diego 40 years ago.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Sounds good. But will it hold up when your wife finds that strange bra on the same day you forget your wedding anniversary?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Sounds suicidal, to me.

I think the sphere design is inherently tough compared to other shapes. But the materials used would certainly be a crucial issues.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   

How do you know when to open it up?

How would you know if there were a bunch armed blokes standing around facing this thing when to decide to open it just a hairs width to have a look outside?

How do you there is no one just outside?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

There are a few windows on it--thick Lexan, IIRC.

But, yeah, there could be problems in some situations. LOL.

To some degree . . . all is relative . . . calculated risks of one type or another.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   
According to the article its a seemingly recent invention, but I'm pretty sure I saw one of those designs back in the 1981 film Escape from New York with everyone's favourite the one and only Snake PliSSSSkinnnn.
So not a new idea, and if your covered over with mud and debris I really wouldn't want to be stuck in a ball that you know will not come to rest the right way up. and if your covered with mud and debris I wouldn't count on rescue, might as well be a round coffin.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join