It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello all, its me, The Earth is Not a globe

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
My favorite flat earth moment was when somebody posted a picture of some apparent Chicago skyline seen across a body of water but it turned out to be a well known mirage. Honestly if you are a FE just head over to HOAX or Ludicrous Online Lies forum.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
In a way, he's right, the earth is flat at both poles, and has a bugle at the equator, so its not a perfect globe, but as far as I'm concerned, its not a disc either. (just how do the oceans get replenished when they cascade over the edges?)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBandit795

Do it.. I don't have the patience to start threads myself.

But I find it weird.. and I don't really believe they're being genuine, there's too much evidence to the contrary. They can't be this stupid.

Or can they really be?

I don't know if they would waste man hours on this specific type of disinformation, but it wouldn't surprise me if they had AI's or other bots advanced enough to do this kind of thing. We know for a fact they hire disinformation agents now, but aren't they pretty outdated? Paying people for what a program could do for free.
edit on 30-5-2016 by TheLaughingGod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TheEarthIsNotAGlobe

I would assume it hurts to be this level of stupid...
Your new, so take it slow and Never Go Full Retard.
And Stop listening to Kayne...

I would suggest you listen to cheesyleps, he's been here awhile & travels for a living, professional.

If you really think the earth is flat, fine, your entitled to your opinion, but until you have walked from one end to the other with pictures every step of the way, keep it to yourself.

Flat earth would have been common knowledge in the world we live in today, social media, etc.

Terrible way to introduce yourself to ATS btw, but that's also just my opinion.

Regards,

SK

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TheEarthIsNotAGlobe

when you show me an edge, I'll believe you. Until then, you run off to the LOL forum for all this nonsense.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheEarthIsNotAGlobe
So I've been a person that questions everything, it wasn't until recently that I questioned the heliocentric model of our universe. Now i am not a "flat earther" but I believe it is rather easy to sense, see, learn that we don't live in a spinning ball in infinite space. Life is far more significant than that and so is our "reality".

I recently started a youtube channel and will be posting links to my videos later on when I am more familiar with the people here!

Cheers

The Earth is Not A Globe

I will take you on an expedition beyond the edge of the Flat Earth. Just wire me about $5000 USD and I will get you there. This would be a great trip for you to take so that you can get footage for your YouTube channel. No one else has footage of the area beyond the edge of the Flat Earth, you could be the first. I have already been beyond the edge of the Flat Earth but I forgot to bring my camera.

This is a depiction of what happens when you go over the edge. Amazing.

edit on 30-5-2016 by BIGPoJo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Good old flat earth, makes me sad.. i really believed i was from the land of down under and now i realize that is just not possible, its a little like i am from no where at all now, i feel detached
:

Yeah, Australia is just closer to The Great Ice Wall Which Holds the Oceans In so They Don't Fall Off. (I think that's its name.)

OP, welcome to ATS. I have to be honest though, I'm not looking forward to finding out my telescope is somehow lying to me!!

(post by Raggedyman removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

originally posted by: TheEarthIsNotAGlobe
a reply to: jappee

that is a composite image.. not an image taken from thousands of miles away, it is highly edited, nice try though.

Ok..

If as you claim the Earth is not spherical (or presumably slightly oval) in shape, can you explain how and why every other celestial body we ourselves can view..are that shape? When i say 'we ourselves', of course i mean without having to rely on others and their technology to help us see them...i.e. NASA, ESA and so on...which presumably (according to your OP) are somehow faked for some obscure reason.

We see the Sun..spherical. We can see our Moon...spherical. We can see Jupiter and it's four visible moons (visible unaided by tech)..all spherical...apart from irregularly shaped asteroids and comets, gas clouds and nebulae...everything we can see out there IS spherical.

Why are all these other bodies spherical, or at the very least generally spherical in shape...but you claim the Earth is not?

Are you claiming the Earth is not a natural body? Or are you claiming the Earth is natural, but is unlike the shape of the huge majority of other celestial bodies, that we can clearly observe and discern their shape as being spherical? Why would this be, according to your theories?

ah...this is very easily answered. Because the Earth is special. The Creator especially created it for us special humans. That's why it differs from all known heavenly bodies.

satisfied ?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Ok, I'll do it.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

The most famous and trustworthy american scientist, Neil deGrasse Tyson knows what shape the Earth has. And do not get confused because he should know...he is an astrophysicist and cosmologist. And I can tell you it doesn't look like any earth which is presented by NASA or any other space agency in the world. As a matter of fact I never seen a picture of the Earth in that specific shape. Let me tell you it by the man himself...

Now... if you can show me a NASA picture..or any REAL picture...no matter where it comes from... of the Earth with this shape you are on the right track proving the Earth is a globe.. Good luck with that.

edit on 31/5/2016 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Are you being serious? Tyson is talking about the fact that the earth is an oblate spheroid. It isn't perfectly spherical: the distance from pole to pole is about 30 miles (or 1/500th) shorter than the distance around the equator.

The man has made his name by trying to make science simple. Analogy is an important part of the visualisation process when taking in new information. Teachers do it all the time for a good reason. That is exactly what this comment represents.

The question every conspiracy theorist needs to ask is "qui bono?" 'who benefits?' Why would there be any benefit to duping humanity into a false belief in a terrestrial spheroid. How do you get every nation on the planet onside. China have a very rapidly developing space programme. You don't think they would love to shout to the world how the Americans have been lying all these years? Why would the soviets have played along all through the space race? Why can we observe debris from the lunar landings on the moons surface?

There are hundreds of questions anyone supporting this theory should be asking themselves and none of them seem to register.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
(just how do the oceans get replenished when they cascade over the edges?)

"Arrangements are made."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
"The earth is not a globe"... seriously... Just that phrase and the terms that you've used in this phrase are wholly unscientific.

Yes, earth is indeed not a globe. Rather, Earth the spherical planet that we live on. A globe is a term used to describe a model/representation. Your grasp and understanding of the simple english language implies below average IQ at best. Give us something that leads us to believe that you have some scientific research that backs up whatever you theory is (what is your theory exactly????) and you might get a skosh of respect.

Let's just be honest about this and call a spade a spade... trust me, I'm just saying what everyone else with average or above average IQ wants to be saying... YOU ARE AN IDIOT!

Instead of making some stupid video that chases it's tail in some sort of nonsense fashion like "accepted scientific belief point"-"alternative unscientific belief counterpoint", point-counterpoint, et cetera ... why don't you make a video that describes your theory and the science behind what leads you to believe what you believe? This point-counterpoint nonsense isn't going to get you anywhere whatsoever. It leads people to believe that you are basing your beliefs on someone's body language rather than actual scientific evidence... which frankly, is just totally f-u-c-k-i-n-g bonkers...

There are plenty of scientific explanations that explain the normal accepted fact that we live on a spherical planet. If you want to convince anyone otherwise, you are going to have to provide real solid scientific explanations... you can't just raise some nonsense question about a candle or whatever when there is clearly a very huge distinct scientific differences between say like a candle and a star like the sun. Are you seriously THAT stupid that you don't understand these very basic pieces of science? Well, if you just make videos like the one I watched about a candle and distance of eyesight or whatever then you aren't going to get anywhere... you are going to have to present your theories as scientific/evidence based reasoning and give us the scientific evidence as ACTUAL FACTS that explain why these scientific facts lead you to believe what you believe... you can't just ask a question that can easily be explained and refuted by anyone with half and understanding of basic physics and science.

Here is an example I'd like to year you refute scientifically. This video makes sense and gives a real life/live visualization of the world as most of us with any shred of basic scientific or physics knowledge understand it:
Felix Baumgartner Red Bull Stratos FULL SPACE JUMP VIDEO
www.youtube.com...
Skip ahead to 57 minutes in if you want to see some footage right before he jumps.

This is a very basic science and physics demonstration. So then, explain to us the curvature that is demonstrated in this very basic video. There are no composite images used here. This is video footage with clearly documented altitude and scientific measurements throughout the whole thing.

So, I'm guessing that since you seem to have zero knowledge of physics or scientific, evidence based reasoning then you will just claim that this is all just fake somehow and that you that you have no actual scientific facts to refute it? Yeah, that's just about what I figured. If you can somehow refute it by some means than just claiming that "it's fake" or "look at his body language"... then by all means do so... we are all ears. We want to actually hear your scientific theory believe it or not. But sadly, I have a feeling the "flat-earther's" mind does not work that way and we will hear zero scientific reasoning.

I had a borderline retarded roommate in college that used to always claim the moon landings were faked and had zero scientific evidence that actually explained his nonsense thinking. A couple of times he managed to s-h-i-t something of his mouth about shadows and the flag... which can easily be explained by anyone with half a brain... for example they intentionally put a horizontal rod in the top of the flag and any inertia from recent movement will cause to flap like it would in wind... the shadows for example well, multiple light sources... the sun isn't the only source there are lots of objects that are also reflecting the sun's light and you shouldn't expect perfectly parallel shadows in these sorts of situations. Anyway, needless to say the guy is f-u-c-k-i-n-g braindead effectively and all he could parrot was the "fake" because he heard it somewhere and he just has a feeble unscientific mind... end of story. I think we all know this type of moron and so, we've seen this before... tell us something new that is based on actual scientific evidence.
edit on 8-6-2016 by anotherdaytoday because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join