It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello all, its me, The Earth is Not a globe

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Its interesting this flat earth stuff, little silly and easily dismissed, of course the worlds round and I want to poke fun and laugh at others, or not
Anyways
Its time to go study the evidence, put to rest one way or another this belief
I am absolutely 100% sure the earths round, no doubt.
But maybe?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TheEarthIsNotAGlobe

not an image taken from thousands of miles away, it is highly edited, nice try though.

Try A MILLION(1,000,000) miles, not thousands...
I'm here on Earth and from where I'm located thousands of miles away from you(my guess on your location) I can't take your picture from here. No matter the optical equipment, and devices used. Somehow the horizon seems to get in the way when I try. Could you jump really high for me(above the horizon) so I can try?

Eta, highly edited...hmm like your videos?
edit on 5/30/2016 by jappee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   

It is rare that I feel the need to contribute to a discussion recently but you made me need to log in to respond to that video. Oh my gosh that is bad. I'm pretty sure a huge number of my brain cells died whilst watching it. Congratulations.

First: what does the range at which a candle can be seen by eye matter? It isn't a secret that the brightness of an object plays a part in determining it's visible range. In marine navigation there are two ranges given for any navigation light. It's geographical range (the maximum theoretical range at which the light will be observed as limited by the curvature of the earth based on the height of the light and the height of the observer) or the luminous range which is based on the intensity of the light and the current atmospheric conditions. Whichever of the two ranges is smaller is the one you will encounter. Either the light isn't powerful enough to reach the visible horizon or it is limited by the curvature. Easy to understand.

You also somehow implied that because we can't see a candle 3 miles away there is no way we would see a star light years away. You do realise that the output of our sun (a typical main sequence star) is 3.85x10(26) watts?

Dismissing navigation due to oceanographic topography is an outstanding leap of ignorance that doesn't even come close to adressing the point being made. Navigation has been based upon the use of the terrestrial sphere for hundreds of years and just does not work with the flat earth model. The problem is your meridians of longitude. The flat earth model could kind of still work in the northern hemisphere but would break down instantly in the south. longitude lines converge at our poles on a sphere where they would diverge on the flat earth map. One of the simplest navigation formulae in existence would break entirely: East West distance = difference of longitude x cos latitude.

As someone whose career is based upon navigation across the globe (merchant navy navigation officer) I can guarantee that our spherical model is proveable by navigation calculations as I live that truth every day.

Even concepts as simple as planetary retrograde motion don't work in anything but our heliocentric model.

If that is only the second video you have ever made then kudos, you should keep going as it's a good start: but please don't hang your hat on these ludicrous flat earth shenanigans. Find something useful to develop your skills.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

It will be interesting to see what you post in your vids.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I will take Eratosthenes word for it that the earth is round, he was less than 1% out on his measurements, not bad for an ancient Greek. (276-194 BC)
edit on 30-5-2016 by pikestaff because: forgot the word 'for'
edit on 30-5-2016 by pikestaff because: forgot the word 'for'
extra DIV

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I got 50 sec in and couldn't take it any more. We've wasted too much time on other threads like this.
Oh, and it's "stutter" not "studder".

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: cheesyleps

I expect you have watched another ship come over the horizon as it approaches yours? do you see the top of the masts first? then the superstructure? then the hull? that would prove to me the earth is round.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I would really like to know what FE's are getting out of this kind of discussion?

Because honestly they would have to admit that there is no way they could win. And I have never seen a thread where there is a single one commenter going "okay, this is far more convincing than my Round-Earth-theory, I would like to know more about this truth!".

Okay, I haven't seen it the other way around, too.

But what does a flat-earther really want? What should be changed?
The globus in my study? What kind of shape should it have, though? WHAT IS ON THE BACKSIDE?!

There is nothing to win, as the FE-theory does not provide more answers, only more problems and logical errors.

What kind of answer does the FE-theory provide that is unique to it and not to the Round-Earth-theory, and totally owns the Round-Earth?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Just want to point out your debunking an actor not an actual scientist with Bill Nye.

Try debunking an actual scientist...then you may have something.

Oh and welcome to ATS.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Gravity would not allow a spinning/orbiting celestial body to remain a flat disc. Take a quarter out of your pocket and place it on your table. Flat disc. Spin it. There is Earth.

Moving on.
edit on 30-5-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
a reply to: cheesyleps

I expect you have watched another ship come over the horizon as it approaches yours? do you see the top of the masts first? then the superstructure? then the hull? that would prove to me the earth is round.

All the time. I also note that with large ships this happens at about 14 miles and with smaller stuff like fishing boats it occurs at about 9 miles (from the size of oil tankers I'm usually on) which matches perfectly with a sphere approximately 21,600 nautical miles in circumference. Funny that....

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I don't know.. I'm thinking this flat earth stuff might be some kind of psy-op to discredit independent thinkers.

I never once heard anyone seriously consider this just a few years ago.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Take a tripod and a transit. Set that tripod and transit up somewhere flat, say on a beach. Carefully measure the height of that tripod and transit and make sure they are level. Note the exact method you use to measure and them for later. Measure an exact distance out from the center in a certain direction using a compass, say maybe 24" directly east of that tripod. Place a post there, level and plumb. Measure it the same way to a distance level to zero elevation on the transit.

Repeat this two more times, once to say, the north and another time to the south.

Explain the changes in elevation

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I love the pace with which people are waking up to the fact that the Earth is not a spinning ball. The evidence is everywhere and for those intelligent and brave enough to sift through it, avoiding the obvious shills, total enlightenment is but steps away.
I foresee a day very soon where the minority , the globe earth believers with have their own bathrooms in public places.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
it is really easy to sense we live on a globe

that was easy

next

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

That's some good material for a new thread.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheEarthIsNotAGlobe
a reply to: jappee

that is a composite image.. not an image taken from thousands of miles away, it is highly edited, nice try though.

Ok..

If as you claim the Earth is not spherical (or presumably slightly oval) in shape, can you explain how and why every other celestial body we ourselves can view..are that shape? When i say 'we ourselves', of course i mean without having to rely on others and their technology to help us see them...i.e. NASA, ESA and so on...which presumably (according to your OP) are somehow faked for some obscure reason.

We see the Sun..spherical. We can see our Moon...spherical. We can see Jupiter and it's four visible moons (visible unaided by tech)..all spherical...apart from irregularly shaped asteroids and comets, gas clouds and nebulae...everything we can see out there IS spherical.

Why are all these other bodies spherical, or at the very least generally spherical in shape...but you claim the Earth is not?

Are you claiming the Earth is not a natural body? Or are you claiming the Earth is natural, but is unlike the shape of the huge majority of other celestial bodies, that we can clearly observe and discern their shape as being spherical? Why would this be, according to your theories?
edit on 30 5 2016 by MysterX because: typo

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Do you get paid to become a member and post retarded threads??

If so... im also looking for a job... can you hook me up!

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX
All holograms......

Or even better. It's all a simulation.
edit on 30-5-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

so there is a footage of the Earth not being a globe...?

About as much footage as there is the Earth being a globe. Why don't you post that?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join