It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Discordian's Primer To Operation Mind F

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
OP MF

1. Midway through the day, change into a different set of clothes. If anybody notices, insist you’ve been wearing the same clothes all day.

2. Answer the phone with an arbitrary question.

3. Switch all the clothes in someone’s dresser with clothes from someone else’s dresser (possibly yours). The goal is to get them to bump into each other wearing each other's clothes.

4. Put things which couldn’t possibly be mailed in people’s mailboxes, like a glass of water or a bowl of popcorn. Write the address on it and attach proper postage.

5. When you’re about to enter a room full of people, call one of them on your cell phone. In a desperate, very serious voice, say: “There’s no time to explain, but I’ve been kidnapped and replaced with a robot which looks just like me. Oh sh**, I gotta go!” and hang up quickly.

6. Hide notes that people will find when they’re
cleaning. Suggestions include: “This note was hidden on and it took you this long to find it?”

7. Hide a note which says “Congratulations! You found me! Re-hide me for ++GOOD LUCK”

8. Put non food items in the fridge. It’s often very startling to open the fridge and see a telephone or car keys or something which totally doesn’t belong there. Offer no explanation, but if it'sclear that you're the culprit, say, “After a hard day, there’s nothing like a refreshing, ice cold magazine.” or pencil sharpener. or toilet paper. or tooth brush. or whatever.

9. Alternatively, pretend like someone else is
hiding stuff in the fridge on you. Stomp around
complaining about how you can never find the
remote control. Find it in the freezer. Try to
solve the mystery.

10. Record something short, and put a few
minutes of silence on both ends of it. Hide your mp3 player + speakers somewhere with that track playing on repeat.

Hail Eris! All hail Discordia!
edit on Cam12Monday5020165331Mon, 30 May 2016 00:50:53 -05002016 by CagliostroTheGreat because: Hail Eris!

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat
At the supermarket, look for unattended shopping carts. Drop embarrassing items (adult diapers, condoms, lube) in and walk off.

If shopping with someone and somebody else is in the aisle, fart, blame whoever you're with, and leave as fast as possible so the other shopper thinks your companion did it.

edit on 30-5-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Place two pickled onions in your top left pocket. Chuckle about it to yourself all day.

Place a string bean with a leaf still attached in one ear. Argue with yourself about taking out the garbage throughout the day. If someone comments on the bean, tell them it's an apple.

Buy war bonds.

Sing Negro spirituals at the top of your voice in public toilets. If someone even looks at you, just say "Yeaah, praise the Lawd". It helps if you cover your face with black boot polish beforehand. You can also say, "You are welcome in my washrooms, regardless of your gender".

Rub your crotch on things and people, apologizing profusely.

Fill a briefcase with live kittens, really pack them in. Take the briefcase in to your bosses office, slam it down on their desk, say "We should be doing this!". Open the briefcase and release the kittens. If they ask you why, say "You're insane, I'm telling mummy!"

Drill pinholes in all the disposable cups at the water fountain.

Finish your posts with a quote from the Illuminatus trilogy.

edit on 30/5/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Skid Mark

Go to any fast food restaurant drive-thru. Order the smallest coffee available. When the clerk asks if you want cream answer "as much as you can give me." No matter what it's never enough. The goal is to get as much cream as possible without involving the police.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
chr0naut

Kookoocachu. You are the Martian, aren't you!
edit on Cam5Monday4520162331Mon, 30 May 2016 05:45:23 -05002016 by CagliostroTheGreat because: Eris deliver me from auto correct

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
chr0naut

Kookoocachu. You are the Martian, aren't you!

I am completely made of wood but infused with Iron. Sort of irony-woody.

edit on 30/5/2016 by chr0naut because: ewige blumenkraft

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
ALL HAIL DISCORDIA! HAIL ERIS! Robert Anton Wilson RIP!

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
chr0naut

Wow man. Martians are so weird!

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
HUMBLEONE

Kallisti

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
CagliostroTheGreat

11. If you can surreptitiously record someone and put THEIR voice on the tape, even better. Hide the recording somewhere where they’ll probably hear it. Imagine how weird it would be to hear your own voice coming from somewhere unseen, and not be able to figure out what’s happening. Especially if you're awoken in the middle of the night...

12. Stock up on cheap used books. doesn't matter which ones. Sneak them onto people'sbookshelves.

13. Skip to work. Especially effective if your company makes you wear “business professional” attire.

14. Break out into spontaneous Irish Jigs in the hallway. You get more viewers when you do this between 12 noon and 1 PM and do it near the break room.

15. Cross the street walking backwards. Extra points for doing this on a busy street. (don't be stupid)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

FNORD

Fnord is a word that was coined in 1965 by Kerry Thornley andGreg Hill in the Principia Discordia. It entered the popular culture after appearing in The Illuminatus! Trilogy(1975) of satirical and parodyconspiracy fiction novels by Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson. In these novels, the interjection "fnord" is givenhypnotic power over the unenlightened, and children in grade school are taught to be unable to consciously see the word "fnord". For the rest of their lives, every appearance of the word subconsciously generates a feeling of uneasiness and confusion, and prevents rational consideration of the subject.

THIS IS NOT A FNORD (fnord)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Make official looking signs that say
'Do Not Read This Sign'
'Punishable By $500 Fine.'
And post them in random public places.
Hail Eris and praise Bob!

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
skunkape23

All hail Discordia!!! 😎

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
skunkape23

All hail Discordia!!! 😎
Long live Space Race.
Long live Molvania.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Go to the library. Switch as many book jackets to random books as you can.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Skid Mark

Have a seat in a crowded area, preferably a restaurant or park. Lift your shirt and begin meticulously massaging your exposed midriff. When you begin getting awkward glances, simply explain you have a debilitating migraine headache.

top topics

join